Maradona RIP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Blues said:

Maradona best of all time for me...wc 1986 he was incredible and one of my favourite goals of all time was the winner in the 1990 wc against Brazil when he slipped it through for a sublime finish by our own Claudio Caniggia.

There’s something about him. He has an aura that Messi doesn’t have. I understand that Messi has won more, is more consistent and doesn’t have the off field issues. It should be obvious that Messi is better but he just isn’t...there was something talismanic and iconic about Maradona. In some ways Ronaldo is as talismanic for Portugal. But they both somehow are dull compared to him. Perhaps it was just a different time. When footballers were harder, weren’t such prima-donnas. Maybe it’s because the Argentinians worshipped him as truly a man of the people? They saw something of themselves in him. Absolutely outstanding talent. What a loss. Wish he’d graced Ibrox. 

6 hours ago, LV said:

Hansen played the full 90 mins .Half time sub was the goalkeepers then Frank Gray come on for Asa Hartford.

Do remember Alan Hansen, who was a very good defender, getting nowhere near the Argentine attack.  Guess I should have realised a good manager like Jock Stein would have been a better man manager than that. They were a superb team with Maradona being a standout. Thanks for correcting my faulty memory.

11 minutes ago, bassettger said:

Do remember Alan Hansen, who was a very good defender, getting nowhere near the Argentine attack.  Guess I should have realised a good manager like Jock Stein would have been a better man manager than that. They were a superb team with Maradona being a standout. Thanks for correcting my faulty memory.

Only reason I remember worked with a friend of Asa Hartford at the time.

8 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

There’s a documentary going about on him, great watch. Aye he had his problems as well, physically and life in general, didn’t stop him winning 2 World Cup medals but, another who died early, only 49. 👍🏻😉

Shit man. Didn't know he died so young.

From BBC

Diego Maradona will forever be cherished by Scots for his 'Hand of God' moment in Mexico 1986, but his links with Scotland run much deeper.

says who !    , people that support Argentina , Germany or Rebublic of Oyrland against England need to have a word  with themselves.

Archived