Celtics "title" last year

RDB14

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funnily enough we were just talking about that the other day . 

There's no guarantees in football , we've seen bigger surprises when it comes to title run ins than the end to last season , proving that it should have been voided imo . 

The chances are they may well have won it , but the truth is we simply don't know for sure , and if titles were given on ' likelihood ' then we're as well binning 3/4 of any league . 

7 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Well who would you have had? More to the point, who would have been willing to come to us?

Not being a football chairman or involved in the game I'm not going to pretend I have a clue who we could have got for our budget , 

There would have been a queue a mile down the road of applicants though 

4 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Not being a football chairman or involved in the game I'm not going to pretend I have a clue who we could have got for our budget , 

There would have been a queue a mile down the road of applicants though 

In your dreams. Before Gerrard, McInnes was our only feasible option and he turned us down (thank fuck).

2 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

In your dreams. Before Gerrard, McInnes was our only feasible option and he turned us down (thank fuck).

Nope not in my dreams , we are a massive club who will always be an attraction to managers , if you want to play down the club you batter in though 

4 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Nope not in my dreams , we are a massive club who will always be an attraction to managers , if you want to play down the club you batter in though 

I am not playing down the Club; just dealing in facts. Until Gerrard came we were a basket case and not attractive to any decent manager. Tell me, apart from McInnes, who showed an interest. I honestly can't remember.

4 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

I am not playing down the Club; just dealing in facts. Until Gerrard came we were a basket case and not attractive to any decent manager. Tell me, apart from McInnes, who showed an interest. I honestly can't remember.

You are wether its intentional or not , not being the chairman or dof etc then how would I know who had showed an interest 

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

You are wether its intentional or not , not being the chairman or dof etc then how would I know who had showed an interest 

Christ, you are beginning to sound like Wee Jimmy Krankie. If you do not agree with me and my cult, you are talking down Scotland.

3 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

And therein lies the problem with some of our fans. Look how long it took SAF to start winning at MU. However, once he had the first under his belt....the rest is history. This is why I think that the League Cup is massive for us this year. Win it and we are then on a roll.

Alex Ferguson is the common example but it’s fairly unique and was a long time ago

Rangers managers generally would not survive two trophyless seasons, Gerrard himself sounded very downbeat about the future after the cup game at tynecastle.  

So far it really does look like working out for the best but the idea that the COVID disruption moved our focus elsewhere and made sure Gerrard stayed on for this season makes some sense. 

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Alex Ferguson is the common example but it’s fairly unique and was a long time ago

Rangers managers generally would not survive two trophyless seasons, Gerrard himself sounded very downbeat about the future after the cup game at tynecastle.  

So far it really does look like working out for the best but the idea that the COVID disruption moved our focus elsewhere and made sure Gerrard stayed on for this season makes some sense. 

Think we all.know mate covid and the stop really helped all of our squad and staff refocus.

Weve came back a different animal 

6 hours ago, King Jela said:

Some people are unable to open a thread and read the op. 

5 hours ago, Amato said:

Should just have awarded them the Scottish Cup too then since they were heavy favourites

Settle down girls.

11 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Doncaster is being allowed to now peddle a lie that the Scottish government wouldn't allow the season to be completed. This was never the case.

If it was such a given celtic were going to win the league, then they could have restarted it in august and played out "competitive" games as pre-season friendlies in preparation for the new season and it might have even helped our other teams chances in Europe. But not, apparently the league could never have been completed because teams needed the money. Am I right in saying teams are still waiting on monies due from last season?

6 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

If it was such a given celtic were going to win the league, then they could have restarted it in august and played out "competitive" games as pre-season friendlies in preparation for the new season and it might have even helped our other teams chances in Europe. But not, apparently the league could never have been completed because teams needed the money. Am I right in saying teams are still waiting on monies due from last season?

I’m sure it was mentioned last week on the Radio that £1M was still to be paid out due to something to do with the accounts, possibly not signed off or giving the go ahead to release the funds at a certain meeting 

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I’m sure it was mentioned last week on the Radio that £1M was still to be paid out due to something to do with the accounts, possibly not signed off or giving the go ahead to release the funds at a certain meeting 

Probably not paid due to owing broadcasters money for not fulfilling the fixture list. 

Something we warned about but everyone else choose to ignore.

30 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Probably not paid due to owing broadcasters money for not fulfilling the fixture list. 

Something we warned about but everyone else choose to ignore.

A seven-figure sum of television money has yet to be paid to the 42 SPFL clubs by the league because the company's accounts have not yet been signed off.

The money is from the final payment of last season's broadcasting deal and has previously been distributed in October.

The SPFL say the delay is because they can only determine the final amounts due once the accounts are signed off.

They say "a variety of issues are still being finalised and will be clarified in the accounts".

The SPFL hope to publish the accounts by the end of December, with the final deadline for filing them in February 2021.

In six of the past 10 years, the figures have been announced before December.

The delay comes as the Scottish FA estimate the Covid-19 pandemic has cost Scottish football around £70m.

The authorities have also been urging the Scottish government to provide financial assistance or accelerate the return of supporters.

What is the background?

Following a summer of dispute between some clubs and the SPFL board, Rangers said the league could be liable for refunds of up to £10m from broadcasters and sponsors after the season was called.

In June, the SPFL announced they had struck a deal with Sky Sports to spread the financial settlement for matches that were cancelled - reported to be around £1.5m - across the term of their new, five-year exclusive rights contract.

When asked if there was any prospect of clubs having to return payments, an SPFL spokesman said: "We cannot foresee any possible circumstances in which clubs would have to make any such payments to the SPFL."

A settlement was also reached with BT Sport, whose involvement with Scottish football ended in the summer, a few weeks later for an amount widely reported to be around £2.3m.

Archived