55 is all that matters

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Given it’s another trophy Gerrard has failed at. Not won in 10 years and the teams that are left in it it’s pretty embarrassing.

The league is irrelevant tonight. Don’t understand why people can’t grasp that.

The league was always going to be most important this season to everyone. It's the one we all want most. 

Tonight is a big setback and continues a horror run. We'll rightly get a lot of flack for it. 

Manager and team now need to show what's it made of. Either use this as an example why we can't take any game for granted or let it ruin the season. 

10 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Where did I say we were gifted the trophy? 

Who mentioned a treble?

Glad you’re not bothered about tonight then. You’re not bothered that we can’t win a cup competition.

The part of your previous post that I quoted in bold. That's where you said it.

Now that we've cleared that up can you show me where I've said I'm not bothered about not winning a cup competition?

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The part of your previous post that I quoted in bold. That's where you said it.

Now that we've cleared that up can you show me where I've said I'm not bothered about not winning a cup competition?

I said we were gifted the teams left in it never mentioned gifted the trophy 

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Seriously what game were you watching if you thought St Mirren were in the game before the penalty....the literally couldn't get out there half for 35 odd minutes :confused:

I didn’t say they were in the game, but for us being in their half for 35 mins we done absolutely fuck all. The front 3 were missing. Kent was always deep and we were sloppy in possession. We didn’t look like grabbing a 2nd and that worried me.

I think it is a generational thing where 55 is all that matters to some.

Tell that to the 106,263 supporters who witnessed a 16 yr old Derek Johnstone score the winner in the League Cup final against the scum in 1970.

All trophies are important, not just one.

We were not going to go through the season unbeaten. We should be beating St Mirren, that was a brilliant opportunity to get into a semi final, for a trophy we'd be strong favourites to win. We lost though, simple as that. No point crying/having a meltdown over it, we put it behind us and keep blowing away teams in the league and the title could be as good as ours by the end of January. I think we'll probably draw a game between now and the celtic game, just by the law of averages a bad result will be coming in the league, but even if/when that does happen we're still in a great position and would back us to beat them at Ibrox. No need to reach for the self destruct button, like they have/did, after one bad result.

39 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

We were not going to go through the season unbeaten. We should be beating St Mirren, that was a brilliant opportunity to get into a semi final, for a trophy we'd be strong favourites to win. We lost though, simple as that. No point crying/having a meltdown over it, we put it behind us and keep blowing away teams in the league and the title could be as good as ours by the end of January. I think we'll probably draw a game between now and the celtic game, just by the law of averages a bad result will be coming in the league, but even if/when that does happen we're still in a great position and would back us to beat them at Ibrox. No need to reach for the self destruct button, like they have/did, after one bad result.

That 2 league Cups in a row that should be on our record under SG IMO .And we have zip 

And going by last few seasons .Another bad result will follow in the next few weeks 

Two extra games we could do without. Plus the pressure of a final. 

We're in the europa as well. 

We have a big squad but clearly not good enough for resting players in a quarter final like that. 

So it was a game too far for us. The league is all important this season though, so we should just forget about it and move on. 

Archived