55 is all that matters

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

We've had two really poor performances on the bounce, we just managed to get a result at the weekend and we have much tougher games coming up. Fair play if that's your honest opinion. Sadly, mine is the exact opposite.

Sunday was a game we could easily have slipped up in, coming back from a European away game & playing away on a tight pitch! Yet we came through it with 3 points! 

Tonight, I can’t help but feel that team selection has cost us! Zingy, Bassey, Aribo & Itten generally wouldn’t be starters in the league. 

we’ll see what happens but I honestly expect a reaction on Saturday! 

22 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Can’t believe some of the shite I’m seeing here tonight. Cunts saying 55 is all that matters - we had an almost free it at a trophy and we blow it spectacularly 

That loss is fucking huge 

It’s a coping mechanism mate. Folk trying very hard to stay positive, which is understandable. We’re going to win the league and that is the most important thing. Let’s take that on the chin and hope the players and manager learn from this. 

28 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

We were well below the standards from start to finish. Every time we passed forward we passed straight back again.

Said before the penalty St. Mirren were more involved than I would have liked.

Sick.

Seriously what game were you watching if you thought St Mirren were in the game before the penalty....the literally couldn't get out there half for 35 odd minutes :confused:

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Of course it's not acceptable. If we're lifting the title at the end of the season though then tonight will be long forgotten about.

Of course it will but we have seen for 2 seasons on the bounce that cup defeats at this time of the year absolutely fucks us up and here we are again doing the exact same thing.

Its no wonder folk have the fear, mentality wise we have been feeble domestically for a near decade. 

36 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

55 is all that matters though. Nobody gave a fuck about league cup until celtic got knocked out. I’d happily lose first Scottish cup game and get knocked out of europa if it meant we won the league.

also, fuck st mirren.

In fantasy land if you offer me the league but accept losing both winnable cups I would probably take it but we are not there. The LC was huge to build a winning mentality and get that first trophy for Gerrard and the team. I am devastated at that loss and fear for the league. I hope the players show a better mentality than I have right now. Posts like that are pretty stunning

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Of course it will but we have seen for 2 seasons on the bounce that cup defeats at this time of the year absolutely fucks us up and here we are again doing the exact same thing.

Its no wonder folk have the fear, mentality wise we have been feeble domestically for a near decade. 

I get that mate. I'll wait and see how we react at the weekend though before I start rocking back and forward in the corner of my room screaming "it's happening again" 

Utterly clueless, don't think people understand how football works. You can't pick and choose which games you want to win, especially not at Rangers.

Not winning tonight gives our rivals a suggestion that we don't have the mentality for to see this through - it lifts them without them even having to kick a ball.

I think it's far worse losing tonight than losing in the league, we can recover from dropped points but we cannot continue to chuck away opportunities at trophies. ESPECIALLY ones where the majority of teams who you'd consider tough opponents have been put out, AND after scoring an 88th minute equaliser. 

11 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Of course it's not acceptable. If we're lifting the title at the end of the season though then tonight will be long forgotten about.

We’ve not won a trophy in 10 years!!

It’s unacceptable whatever the outcome In May.

Another wake up call for the whole team, management included. Play your strongest team from the start, tinker with the team when the game is won.

A shocking result that will breathe life into the mhanks, a must win game against  Motherwell. 

We are all disappointed tonite but holdfast and we will prevail. 

Kick the child abusers Out. 

11 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We are Rangers we are defined on lifting trophies now no one clearly gives a fuck anymore about success.

Of course we give a fuck about success. We all want to win trophies and tonight is major setback. 

But the way people are acting on here tonight we might as well pack up and not bother playing the rest of the season. 

Our Team will get rightly slated and now it's up to them to respond.

Just now, ElBufalo20 said:

No bother. I’ll sit back and take it that we’ve not won a trophy in 10 years and we were basically gifted the teams that were lift in it and couldn’t do the job.

There's the problem right there. There's no such thing as being gifted a trophy. Taking games like this for granted is exactly why we're out.

Not won a trophy in 10 years but raging because we aren't winning the treble this season. Madness. I'll be happy with a league title to end the drought. Trebles/doubles can wait.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Of course we give a fuck about success. We all want to win trophies and tonight is major setback. 

But the way people are acting on here tonight we might as well pack up and not bother playing the rest of the season. 

Our Team will get rightly slated and now it's up to them to respond.

Given it’s another trophy Gerrard has failed at. Not won in 10 years and the teams that are left in it it’s pretty embarrassing.

The league is irrelevant tonight. Don’t understand why people can’t grasp that.

The league is obviously the most important thing but this team also needs a trophy to show them what winning the league would feel like x100 and thats why losing tonight is totally unacceptable too many people are trying to brush it off like its no big deal for all we know this could bring complacency into our league games, Teams might look at us now and not fear us as much if we had got through and won that cup it would have given our players a boost and a feeling of what it might be like if we win the league.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

There's the problem right there. There's no such thing as being gifted a trophy. Taking games like this for granted is exactly why we're out.

Not won a trophy in 10 years but raging because we aren't winning the treble this season. Madness. I'll be happy with a league title to end the drought. Trebles/doubles can wait.

Where did I say we were gifted the trophy? 

Who mentioned a treble?

Glad you’re not bothered about tonight then. You’re not bothered that we can’t win a cup competition.

Archived