*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Match Thread*

The Godfather

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yeah there is positives, however defensive lapses are creeping in again that werent there 6 weeks ago, better teams take advantage of them (tarriers especially seem to have got a bit of wind behind them going forward) 

Recent games have shown signs of tiredness or something creeping into our game, motherwell goal we were sleeping, st johnstone were the better team in the final 3rd till their keeper sold the opener, today we were utter dung for most of the game, you say the first half we were good, thats debatable, average imo, definitely should be better especially at home

To me something is missing, canny put my finger on it but something has changed in the dynamic of the team, we seem slower, more sluggish and at times out of ideas when on the ball

As i said 4 points from next two games imo id bite someones hand off for, means we either finish the OF game still 16 points clear or we are 17 clear depending on how the results went, 

images.jpeg-34.jpg

54 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Why would you accept draws after going 12 on the bounce? Why even think we’re only going to draw one of these games? Expectation should be maximum points 

Because its going to happen at some point, and given our recent form id rather we kept status quo by next sat, i really dont think we have played well recently 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

images.jpeg-34.jpg

Could very well be, i think maybe tav and barisic are feeling the run of games we've had, they aren't getting in behind as much recently, a lot of our build up play seems to be in front of the opposition which is far easier to defend, 

Maybe for st mirren and tarriers gerrard will tweak the system to the one we used at the piggery, where tav and barisic were more reserved going forward and it threw the tarrier fullbacks as they didn't know who to mark

3 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Win next two games and it's over. 

Is it fuck. No sure if folk realise this but we have Sheep (A), Motherwell (A), Ross county (H) and Hibs (A) after the next 2. 

I’ll comfortably say if we win all of them it’s finished, a seriously huge ask. Even 7 wins and a draw would be excellent. 

52 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because its going to happen at some point, and given our recent form id rather we kept status quo by next sat, i really dont think we have played well recently 

We haven’t played well recently and I get what you’re saying about the 4 points but that shouldn’t be the mentality. We’ve not played that well yet it’s still 12 games won in a row in the league, no reason why we shouldn’t be able to keep that up whether we play well or not 

Whilst we don’t look more than one game ahead the management team will have their preferred starting 11 already on the board for the taigs so expect a couple of the preferred starters to be on the bench against St Mirren.  For me that will include Kent, Kamara and Bara who may be carrying a knock.  If Arfield if’s fit he will get a run out at some point. 

Shagger

Tav     Goldson   Edmonson   Shirley

Aribo       Davis     Jack

Hagi        Morelos     Roofe

10 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Whilst we don’t look more than one game ahead the management team will have their preferred starting 11 already on the board for the taigs so expect a couple of the preferred starters to be on the bench against St Mirren.  For me that will include Kent, Kamara and Bara who may be carrying a knock.  If Arfield if’s fit he will get a run out at some point. 

Shagger

You high? Did you learn nothing from the cup game there?? Absolutely no chance of that back 4, thankfully. It’s a football manager line up that one. Jack won’t be starting either

23 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Shagger

Top trolling mate but you need to make it semi believable to catch folk out.

30 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Shagger

You're running about this page with a scream mask on... .GE and CB in defence? Absolutely no chance. 

Bassey wont play in this game after his nightmare in the cup. Helander will play alongside Goldson. Why would you ever play GE considering he's not been anywhere on our radar. Frightening stuff.

If it's a joke then fair enough 

2 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

You're running about this page with a scream mask on... .GE and CB in defence? Absolutely no chance. 

Bassey wont play in this game after his nightmare in the cup. Helander will play alongside Goldson. Why would you ever play GE considering he's not been anywhere on our radar. Frightening stuff.

If it's a joke then fair enough 

If it’s a joke then admin absolutely have to take action, had enough of trolls in here 

3 hours ago, molesmole said:

I would go with a slight tweak this game. They were compact and got at our fullbacks missed Morelos. 

Kent needs rested. I thought he was poor today. Hagi in good form

Morelos

Hagi                             Roofe

Aribo   Davis  Kamara

Tav  Goldson   Balogun  Barisic

Mcgregor 

Well they certainly won't expect us to swap our left back and rights back around, catch them off guard.

1 hour ago, BearInTheToon said:

You high? Did you learn nothing from the cup game there?? Absolutely no chance of that back 4, thankfully. It’s a football manager line up that one. Jack won’t be starting either

hear hear bassey was at fault for the 1st 2 goals in the cup game

Archived