C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Partial stadium closure through lack of interest forgotten about already.

Seat covers who remained loyal being cast aside.

Thousands of empty seats nearly every home game. 

Are these cunts for real? 😂

The size of the peedo cover up will overwhelm everyone. 

20 hours ago, Malvern said:

For fuck sake how many times do we have to prove he was not the first fucking catholic signed by Rangers? Those mutants have blinkers on, one side is "sevco dinnae sign us catholics" and the other side "what child abuse?".

The cunts have been brainwashed since birth by a paedo cult, there's no point trying to have a reasonably debate with them. 

22 hours ago, Malvern said:

For fuck sake how many times do we have to prove he was not the first fucking catholic signed by Rangers? Those mutants have blinkers on, one side is "sevco dinnae sign us catholics" and the other side "what child abuse?".

It's astounding how many Rangers fans actually believe he was the first Catholic player we signed 

22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It's astounding how many Rangers fans actually believe he was the first Catholic player we signed 

It was widely known that John Spencer was signed also before Johnson. He wasn't a first team pick but played a good few first team games. He may even have  came through the youth system too. 

I do think he may have left just before Johnson signed. So fair play to the tarriers revisionism i

Pat Lafferty (1886), Tom Dunbar (1891–1892), J Tutty (1899–1900), Archie Kyle (1904–1908), Willie Kivlichan (1906–1907), Colin Mainds (1906–1907), Tom Murray (1907–1908), William Brown (1912), Joe Donnachie (circa.1914–1918), John Jackson (1917), Laurie Blyth (1951–1952), Don Kitchenbrand (1955–1956), Hugh O'Neill (1976), John Spencer (1985–1992).

16 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

Definitely green and white hoops. Come to think of it, it was white not grey so probably just a horrible casual tee shirt. 

I thought it was, too, so let off a stream of abuse at the TV.

Which was embarrassing, as we’ve got a mate of the wife’s staying with us🙈

On hindsight, it looked as if it had a random wee logo that I’m not sure is on a sellik tap (not that I know their kits intimately), but it sure as hell looked like one!

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Pat Lafferty (1886), Tom Dunbar (1891–1892), J Tutty (1899–1900), Archie Kyle (1904–1908), Willie Kivlichan (1906–1907), Colin Mainds (1906–1907), Tom Murray (1907–1908), William Brown (1912), Joe Donnachie (circa.1914–1918), John Jackson (1917), Laurie Blyth (1951–1952), Don Kitchenbrand (1955–1956), Hugh O'Neill (1976), John Spencer (1985–1992).

Hugh O'Neills religious background was up in the air at the time id have thought. 

Could have went either way

On 09/07/2019 at 11:37, Dave Hedgehog said:

This is a fucking grown man saying this.

Its now hatred to celebrate child killers being killed.

The last 3 games against his child abusing club we battered the shite out of them for 2 and a half of them, not bad for being “pish”.

Thick fenian nonce 😂

I know his brother they are very similarly minded. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

During those early years,since 1888,THEY only signed players of Irish Kaflick stock but that's never mentioned either,not only sectarian but also racist.

The PR machine is getting going...the fuckin dregs in this piece from todays Sun...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4467244/mo-johnston-bigotry-battles/

Comment by Daniel Harkins

TODAY marks 30 years since Mo Johnston stunned football by becoming Rangers’ first high-profile Catholic signing.
The sensational transfer, which enraged fans on both sides of the Old Firm divide, was broken by the Scottish Sun.

Here, Daniel Harkins, editor of the Scottish Catholic Observer, shares his thoughts on the impact the move had on Scottish football and beyond.
A generation of celtic fans have a special contempt for the man they call Judas.

My dad, raised in Coatbridge, once told me Mo Johnston was the worst Catholic in history - after Tony Blair.
My grandfather called Johnston a ‘rascal,’ which, for a man who didn’t swear, was utter condemnation.
The signing of Johnston by Rangers was hailed as a great step forward for Scottish football.
But for celtic fans, there was frustration at the way the signing was covered in the media.

The story became Rangers and its breaking of its anti-Catholic signing policy, and celtic fans were denied their understandable desire to see Johnston pilloried in the press.
And he deserved to be.
In football terms, what Johnston did was pathetic.
If a former Man United player was set to return to Old Trafford, only to sign for Liverpool, that player would rightly be seen as a turncoat interested only in money.
Johnston is no hero. He betrayed his club that made him great.
At Rangers, he gleefully joined in with singing ‘f**k’ the Pope, as shown in recent footage.

As recently as 2016, he spoke about attending a gathering of bigots in Larkhall.
He said: “Did I sing any of the songs? I did actually, it ended up on the front page – I had to sing!”
1989 also gave Scotland an easy way to forgive itself for its anti-Catholic past: by blaming it on football.
From that point forward, non-football fans in the corridors of power had an easy scapegoat. Scotland wasn’t bigoted: football fans were. Scottish companies didn’t have anti-Catholic hiring policies: Rangers did.
In reality, Rangers were just one of many companies to hold anti-Catholic hiring policies. In his autobiography, commentator Archie MacPherson writes that even the BBC, an organisation that now never tires of promoting its equality credentials, had an anti-Catholic culture
To his credit, Graeme Souness has spoken openly about the anti-Catholicism at Rangers – outside of football, there has been no Souness figure, publicly acknowledging Scotland’s bigoted past.
It’s far easier to blame the problem on the terraces. We still see this today.
The front pages are filled with stories about songs at matches.
Anti-sectarianism groups run Twitter campaigns criticising the SFA.
Government ministers issue statements attacking clubs.
Meanwhile, as The Scottish Sun but few other newspapers reported, ordinary Catholics are having miserable days at work because their boss is a bigot.

Thousands of people will cause chaos in the streets this month during Orange walks, and senior politicians will say nothing.
But if a football fan at a match steps out of line, scores of MSPs will light-up Twitter before the whistle goes.
Johnston’s signing isn’t really a story of religion.
The real battles against bigotry were fought not on the terraces, but in the shipyards, offices and neighbourhoods.
That is where Catholics suffered the ill effects of discrimination.

Johnston was just a clown at sideshow.
His story is one of modern day football: a money-hungry striker signs for a rival; a suddenly cash-rich football team ignores the anger from its most bigoted fans so it can win championships.
Mo Johnston deserves to be no more than a footnote in Scottish football history, a punchline to a bad joke.

The word high profile keeps getting used. 

So surely we were open to catholics signing. Why does nobody expose the bigotry and abuse a high profile Catholic would get for signing. 

Maybe same reason they don't want to publish the sectarianism in football report 

Archived