Rangers must step up after SPFL club chief demands 'urgent' change

The Dude

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kirkiebear said:

Exactly what I believe too, but I also  firmly believe there will be people exploring the idea and discussing it behind the scenes.

What's being mooted is a suspension for a couple of weeks until the numbers go down, its not a cancellation. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

They can't null and void it, how would clubs survive the financial implications of that. No cunt is voting for thay bar 1.

Peiple need to engage the brain here. 

"The SPFL have today announced a bumper financial package for all Scottish clubs if they vote to null & void the season.

Neil Doncaster and his team have worked extremely hard to ensure no club in Scotland is hurt financially by the unfortunate situation to end the season early without a champion

Focus will now turn to next season where they hope to have fans back as celtic go for 10 in a row

Something along those lines will be getting peddled out very soon 👍

Cunts have been ramping up now all week to go for it, will the clubs vote for it? Right now I have absolutely no idea, part of me wants to say they wont but who knows anymore.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I think people are genuinely paranoid because of what happened last year tbh, I actually include myself in that. 

We’ve went from null and void to the SFA president asking championship clubs to stop within one day. Whose to say they “suspend” the league and then just never restart it? Suspend it for 3 weeks and work behind the scenes to not have it started again. 

Surprised that people are so confident that it couldn’t happen, I’ll only relax by the time we get till 29 games, which is when it was called last season 

Clubs would fold and the legal battle would folk the game up here. 

Other than conspiracy theories and fear the logic behind it being chucked is laughable, its not going to happen. 

Folk are genuinely getting worked up for nothing here. 

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

"The SPFL have today announced a bumper financial package for all Scottish clubs if they vote to null & void the season.

Neil Doncaster and his team have worked extremely hard to ensure no club in Scotland is hurt financially by the unfortunate situation to end the season early without a champion

Focus will now turn to next season where they hope to have fans back as celtic go for 10 in a row

Something along those lines will be getting peddled out very soon 👍

Cunts have been ramping up now all week to go for it, will the clubs vote for it? Right now I have absolutely no idea, part of me wants to say they wont but who knows anymore.

There won't be a league to play in if the above happened, half the clubs wouldn't be here. 

Think about it.. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Clubs would fold and the legal battle would folk the game up here. 

Other than conspiracy theories and fear the logic behind it being chucked is laughable, its not going to happen. 

Folk are genuinely getting worked up for nothing here. 

I’m not one for conspiracies either but lets be honest we all thought clubs would fold last season and they haven’t yet. They were promised the world with money etc and they still don’t have it, so to be so sure that they won’t vote for something that seems out the box isn’t a certainty. 

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think people are genuinely paranoid because of what happened last year tbh, I actually include myself in that. 

We’ve went from null and void to the SFA president asking championship clubs to stop within one day. Whose to say they “suspend” the league and then just never restart it? Suspend it for 3 weeks and work behind the scenes to not have it started again. 

Surprised that people are so confident that it couldn’t happen, I’ll only relax by the time we get till 29 games, which is when it was called last season 

Correct. People seem to seriously underestimated the scum in charge of our game.

I’m not one for conspiracies either but lets be honest we all thought clubs would fold last season and they haven’t yet. They were promised the world with money etc and they still don’t have it, so to be so sure that they won’t vote for something that seems out the box isn’t a certainty. 

Correct

Just now, Prso's headband said:

How would they fold? The season ended as if it was the final standings, prize money, TV, sponsorship and all the rest wasn't up in the air. 

I'm not sure why anyone would think clubs would fold under last seasons scenario. 

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Last season was stopped as we didn’t know too much about the virus and problems with crowds etc.

This year is different as we know a lot more and we don’t have any crowds watching.

The premiership won’t be null and void. 

So why has he asked the championship to stop?

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They can't null and void it, how would clubs survive the financial implications of that. No cunt is voting for thay bar 1.

Peiple need to engage the brain here. 

I don't know what they are doing but you've got to admit they are clearly upto something here. Not saying n&v because as you say it would be financial suicide but something is going on, something very, very fishy.

Just now, The Godfather said:

There won't be a league to play in if the above happened, half the clubs wouldn't be here. 

Think about it.. 

Logically as things stand right now aye it makes sense I agree

Could also name a dozen things this season alone that the SPFL should've done that would've logically made sense & they havent done any of them

Will null & void happen...I dont think so

Is the option there today for them to look at...yes

Will they try and push it...of course they will & anybody who thinks otherwise is forgetting alot that's went on recently

In any case folk on here won't be convinced until the trophy is handed over so its pointless trying to use logic and reason to convince you. 

Fuck letting these bizzare fears consume you, clubs all voting to end a season and their livelihoods so celtic can get 10iar 😂 

Fire away

6 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Last season was stopped as we didn’t know too much about the virus and problems with crowds etc.

This year is different as we know a lot more and we don’t have any crowds watching.

The premiership won’t be null and void. 

We were one of two leagues in Europe to call the league, everyone else restarted. Recent history shows that this league is more than happy to go against the grain to support one team

We were one of two leagues in Europe to call the league, everyone else restarted. Recent history shows that this league is more than happy to go against the grain to support one team

True mate, but at the expenses of teams and the whole league folding under financial implications... I don’t see it tbh!!

Just now, The Godfather said:

In any case folk on here won't be convinced until the trophy is handed over so its pointless trying to use logic and reason to convince you. 

Fuck letting these bizzare fears consume you, clubs all voting to end a season and their livelihoods so celtic can get 10iar 😂 

Fire away

They were one of only two leagues to call a league last season. It really isn’t outwith the realms of possibility they’ll NV the season. 

I wish I had your confidence but after last season I’m not sure why so many people have trust in this country to do the correct thing

Just now, Prso's headband said:

They were one of only two leagues to call a league last season. It really isn’t outwith the realms of possibility they’ll NV the season. 

I wish I had your confidence but after last season I’m not sure why so many people have trust in this country to do the correct thing

I don't trust them but they won't do something that would put them and countless others who provide them jobs to fold. It's a ridiculous suggestion that no one has actually said is being considered. Folk are going nuts because a 2 to 3 week suspension has been given to championship clubs like the lower league ones.. Not cancellation or null and void. 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They didn't ask League 1 & 2 if they wanted the suspension, most didn't. But all of the sudden asking the Championship if they want a suspension? Fuck is going on?

Because they didn't have the resources to test the players under the current guidelines..... 

1 minute ago, kirkiebear said:

Yeah at the moment , but I think it’s clear they are heading in a pretty suspicious direction

What direction? They either keep going, delay it a few weeks until the numbers get down or do what they done last season and call it after another few games. 

That's it. 

Archived