Will Dave King go down as one of our all time greats?

Ariel Ortega

He’s invested an incredible amount in us, alongside the likes of Bennett, Park etc. 

He wasn’t the best chairman though, too many sound bytes and rubbed a few people e.g. Ashley the wrong way. We seem a much more stable and less reactive club now he’s taken more of a back seat

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

The previous regime were absolutely raping us. Dave King pulled off a masterstroke. If Dave King didn’t come along we would still be fighting Aberdeen for second place and having all of our assets stripped. 

I doubt we’d have made it out of the championship never mind fighting for second spot in the top league if the previous regime hadn’t been ousted.

3 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

I think they need to start from scratchy largely. Struggling to think of any of their players I’d want playing for us. I like Christie but he only seems to turn it on for Scotland 

Their sellable assets are still decent. They've completely fucked this season but a sharp cookie in charge there could generate a decent pot of money for investment from player sales.

There's no huge gap other than league points this season.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Their sellable assets are still decent. They've completely fucked this season but a sharp cookie in charge there could generate a decent pot of money for investment from player sales.

There's no huge gap other than league points this season.

How many of their XI do you think would get a game for us?

Just now, BlueboyG said:

I was delighted when king and co took over, however I remember the abuse he used to get in the boardroom section on here, some really hated him, I guess we all make mistakes in life and glad he proved them wrong.

Weren’t Ashley et al quite popular here? Strange set of circumstances. 

15 minutes ago, Barasa said:

Was ambivalent for a long time, was he just another carpetbagger?

The guy is now a legend to me, because he doesn't even need to hear it. What a guy!

He invested 20 million in us and wrestled back control from con men raping us. At which point was he ambivalent?

4 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Aye,  some wanted to call Ibrox "the sports direct arena " 🤣🤣

There was a wee group of them in the boardroom section, hated the prospect of Rangers men running Rangers. Hated King and any Rangers supporters who took part in protests.

Strange people.

Dave King drove down the share price, divided the fans, caused numerous unnecessary law suits, created a fans sound board and ignored it, put the like of Craig houston in a position within Ibrox, hired and fired - in a seven day period - a blogger who tweeted anti Muslim ideoligies and failed to fulfil any promises about transparency and getting us back on the stock exchange. He is also first and foremost a Liverpool fan and is now keen to sell to a conglomerate that have no investment or loan facilities with the expectancy they can do what has cost him around £20 million with no facilities.

I await when a few years down the line we find out he has used the investment to avoid taxation in South Africa. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Dave King drove down the share price, divided the fans, created a fans sound board and ignored it, put the like of Craig houston in a position within Ibrox, hired and fired - in a seven day period - a blogger who tweeted anti Muslim ideoligies and failed to fulfil any promises about transparency and getting us back on the stock exchange. He is also first and foremost a Liverpool fan and is now keen to sell to a conglomerate that have no investment or loan facilities with the expectancy they can do what has cost him around £20 million with no facilities.

I await when a few years down the line we find out he has used the investment to avoid taxation in South Africa. 

Ffs, can you no just enjoy 55

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Dave King drove down the share price, divided the fans, created a fans sound board and ignored it, put the like of Craig houston in a position within Ibrox, hired and fired - in a seven day period - a blogger who tweeted anti Muslim ideoligies and failed to fulfil any promises about transparency and getting us back on the stock exchange. He is also first and foremost a Liverpool fan and is now keen to sell to a conglomerate that have no investment or loan facilities with the expectancy they can do what has cost him around £20 million with no facilities.

Wow! Does any part of you enjoy the way he’s saved us from being the joke of Scottish football, to a side nobody in Europe would enjoy playing against?

Archived