UPDATE: Rangers accept Morelos 3 match ban

CooperSF

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think a lot of people are missing the point regarding the Buff suspension, first of all it wasn't a stamp, yes he stood on his leg, but he didn't stamp on him, was it intentional only the Buff knows that. What's angering me is we all heard Jack Ross and Darren McGregor say the ref saw it and he thought it was a tangle of legs, so we know the ref's now lying because why would Ross and McGregor lie. I think everyone agrees McGregor should have been cited as well, why he wasn't brings me to the real issue here the Buff is being treated differently than any other player in Scottish football and has been for most of his career in Scotland, this is my grievance about the club, I can't remember once them coming out and highlighting this. 

Between on and off the park the treatment Morelos has had to endure has been ridicules.

On a final note these assaults went unpunished - judge for yourselves  - is he getting treated differently  

17 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Had a look at our next three fixtures and tbh I can see why we didn’t appeal. Itten, Defoe and Roofe should be enough to see off St Johnstone, Hamilton and Killie.

Yeah, not worried at all. We have plenty players who can keep this lot on their toes.

Gutted for Morelos cause he's great when on form, not just as a striker now neither ....but it is what it is. Don't think opposition should be getting off lightly for their dirty mishaps though. Rangers should 100% question this and take the SFA to task for allowing it to continue. 

Unfortunately they don't and is still an ongoing bugbear. 

12 hours ago, Redemption80 said:

Not particularly bothered, it was a clear red and while the double standards are annoying I really couldn't care less if Mcgregor is still playing for Hibs or not. 

I may have thought differently a year ago, but Roofe is back from injury and I want to see more of Itten so trying to look at the positives. 

Annoying, Furfuxsake stubbing your toe is annoying, this is corruption. One player slaughtered by two cunts on sky then fast track punished and banned for three games, another guilty of an almost identical challenge, basically ignored by aforementioned cunts and goes without retrospective punishment. Aye it’s annoying.

9 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Think a lot of people are missing the point regarding the Buff suspension, first of all it wasn't a stamp, yes he stood on his leg, but he didn't stamp on him, was it intentional only the Buff knows that. What's angering me is we all heard Jack Ross and Darren McGregor say the ref saw it and he thought it was a tangle of legs, so we know the ref's now lying because why would Ross and McGregor lie. I think everyone agrees McGregor should have been cited as well, why he wasn't brings me to the real issue here the Buff is being treated differently than any other player in Scottish football and has been for most of his career in Scotland, this is my grievance about the club, I can't remember once them coming out and highlighting this. 

Between on and off the park the treatment Morelos has had to endure has been ridicules.

On a final note these assaults went unpunished - judge for yourselves  - is he getting treated differently  

Thought the same as you that it wasn’t a stamp but our club has looked at it and decided that it was.  

They acknowledge the inconsistency though which is a separate issue. 

6 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Annoying, Furfuxsake stubbing your toe is annoying, this is corruption. One player slaughtered by two cunts on sky then fast track punished and banned for three games, another guilty of an almost identical challenge, basically ignored by aforementioned cunts and goes without retrospective punishment. Aye it’s annoying.

This.

If there wasn't the media faux outrage from the usual suspects at Buffs every reaction or incident (whilst blithely ignoring similar incidents involving other players) this would never have reached the CO. 

12 hours ago, Redemption80 said:

Not particularly bothered, it was a clear red and while the double standards are annoying I really couldn't care less if Mcgregor is still playing for Hibs or not. 

I may have thought differently a year ago, but Roofe is back from injury and I want to see more of Itten so trying to look at the positives. 

It’s not really about McGregor playing for Hibs though, is it?

It’s about how Rangers and our players are seemingly refereed differently to the rest of the league.

On what planet, does the fact offices that deal with retrospective punishments close during a holiday, meaning certain offences aren’t dealt with, have any place in the operations of top flight football in any country?

That’s not even the first or only instance either. It’s a fucking shambles, and Rangers really should have made some sort of statement similar to what I posted in another thread. Otherwise, the status quo will in fact continue.

22 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Hi bud. Does the media in France ever cover anything about rangers? Would love to know if other country's can see the double standards in Scottish football.

Not very much to not say absolutely not. 

If you're really fond of a foreign club you have to document by yourself, on the forums, on the papers, on UK TV (I have access to all that with internet and IPTV). Sometimes you have some journalists talking about Scottish Football on twitter but It's very rare and often when the Old Firm is programed.

I don't follow myself any French club because I can't relate since I was born, PSG doesn't recall me anything, French medias talk about them, Marseille and Lyon, mostly. English Premier League Football is the most covered here. 

So I can tell you Morelos case didn't have any article in France.

28 minutes ago, IRed said:

If you're really fond of a foreign club you have to document by yourself, on the forums, on the papers, on UK TV (I have access to all that with internet and IPTV). Sometimes you have some journalists talking about Scottish Football on twitter but It's very rare and often when the Old Firm is programed.

I don't follow myself any French club because I can't relate since I was born, PSG doesn't recall me anything, French medias talk about them, Marseille and Lyon, mostly. English Premier League Football is the most covered here. 

:lol: ffs

57 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Thought the same as you that it wasn’t a stamp but our club has looked at it and decided that it was.  

The club would have weighed up the chances of getting him off the charge against the risks and consequences of taking it on and losing.

Just because we accepted the charge doesn't mean the club believe it to be a stamp. It doesn't even need to be a stamp anyways. Its likely more that we know the way the process works and we'd be fighting a losing battle with this one. I think they're right on this occasion.

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The club would have weighed up the chances of getting him off the charge against the risks and consequences of taking it on and losing.

Just because we accepted the charge doesn't mean the club believe it to be a stamp. It doesn't even need to be a stamp anyways. Its likely more that we know the way the process works and we'd be fighting a losing battle with this one. I think they're right on this occasion.

I definitely don’t think it’s a stamp but the fact that he has been charged with violent conduct seems to support that. Anyway onwards and upwards, keeping it low-keyed is the right thing to do and continue the battle behind doors.  

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

This is the point I'm making about the way Morelos gets treated - you say the club acknowledge the inconsistency - so why have they never challenged it - spineless 

6 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

This is the point I'm making about the way Morelos gets treated - you say the club acknowledge the inconsistency - so why have they never challenged it - spineless 

Because last time they challenged it Gerrard got cited and fined remember. It's simply not worth getting into atm when its such a vital part of the season. 

Just accept the ban, comment on the inconsistency and move onto bigger matters

5 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

The latest Gerrard interview covers this he also acknowledged that it’s been going on for years.

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

I still don’t get where the lie is as the ref said he only seen a tangle of legs on his first viewing of the incident.

Some time later he gets to see the video replays from all the angles and at that point he probably holds hid hands up to the CO and says he did miss it.

This prick of a ref is the last person I want to defend but I’m only doing it because I know if he did see Alfie’s studs come down on the leg of lamb then there’s nothing surer, Alfie would have been a straight red. You need to admit this about this ref as cunts like him dont need second chances to do our club harm.

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I still don’t get where the lie is as the ref said he only seen a tangle of legs on his first viewing of the incident.

Some time later he gets to see the video replays from all the angles and at that point he probably holds hid hands up to the CO and says he did miss it.

This prick of a ref is the last person I want to defend but I’m only doing it because I know if he did see Alfie’s studs come down on the leg of lamb then there’s nothing surer, Alfie would have been a straight red. You need to admit this about this ref as cunts like him dont need second chances to do our club harm.

He’s also exposed himself as a poor referee .

7 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Because last time they challenged it Gerrard got cited and fined remember. It's simply not worth getting into atm when its such a vital part of the season. 

Is that not what I did

D76811B9-1905-430B-A810-8BB73DC5E14A.gif.214123b50a94f711ac805c465725892f.gif

14 hours ago, Redemption80 said:

Well you should care, whilst the league has all  but been won we have next seasons league to be won and it’s crucial that we are treated the same as our rival. Do not give an inch in losing any competitive advantage 

31 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

This is a big matter and must be fought from a position of strength.  If our manger is pulled up after TLB comments last month there will be an explosion of anger. Fight the bastards

1 hour ago, IRed said:

What does that mean?

Archived