Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

Bad Robot

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

One of the SFA recommendations is that clubs don't just apologise for the abuse at their club but also in more general terms. That said, it was also literally banged out in 45 seconds without a huge amount of thought, editing or any input from a legal team.

Ok, didn’t know that bit. ‘The wider game’ would have done, but I’ll let you off 😉

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

One of the SFA recommendations is that clubs don't just apologise for the abuse at their club but also in more general terms. That said, it was also literally banged out in 45 seconds without a huge amount of thought, editing or any input from a legal team.

Fucksake even something saying: 

“As a club we wholly condemn any child abuse, in any format whether at our club or not. 

We are currently in dialogue with legal council and intend to open a full investigation into this and any other accusations that are levelled at the club. Until this point we can make no further comment other than an apology to all those effected by these horrible acts.”

Just something, anything to say we’re here and we’re not ignoring this.

1 minute ago, ScottBF2 said:

Fucksake even something saying: 

“As a club we wholly condemn any child abuse, in any format whether at our club or not. 

We are currently in dialogue with legal council and intend to open a full investigation into this and any other accusations that are levelled at the club. Until this point we can make no further comment other than an apology to all those effected by these horrible acts.”

Just something, anything to say we’re here and we’re not ignoring this.

Aye, literally anything would be better than the finger in ears pish we're doing now. 

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

The silence so far from our club is fuckin wrong ! I Surely to fuck we should have had a statement/apology well prepared. I'm still hoping Rangers release a statement urgently. 

I’ve honestly got a gut-wrenching feeling that we’ll wait til Monday to release anything.

I think the worst thing we could do right now is wait until after the game to put a statement out, it’ll just come across as us saying that football is more important than this.

Had reached out to the SLO yesterday to see if he’d heard anything about a forthcoming statement (honestly didn’t really expect him to be ITK about these things) but he hasn’t heard anything either.

Doesn’t change things one way or the other  though.

6 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

I’ve honestly got a gut-wrenching feeling that we’ll wait til Monday to release anything.

I think the worst thing we could do right now is wait until after the game to put a statement out, it’ll just come across as us saying that football is more important than this.

Fuckin hope not mate

21 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

You’re wanting us to say to the public “we aren’t guilty until we say we’re guilty”.

It’s Tim-like behaviour. I don’t, for a second, disbelieve that we contacted the police but we have not covered ourselves in glory with the handling of the whole mess and as a result at least 3 children in our care were tormented by sick individuals. For that, we need to be sorry and we need to put assurances in place that as an organisation we condemn the actions and have ensured that they won’t happen again. Yes, we can take further legal guidance on the matter and id hope that, like you say, we do have an enquiry into it - fully conducted by an independent third party - but were shooting ourselves in the foot right now due to our inaction and for those of us who hole the club to a high moral standard it just doesn’t sit right.

You need to take a step back and look at what this silence is doing to the club, we need to admit our failings - which resulted in these heinous crimes being committed - and put measures in place to ensure a happy, safe and productive environment for every child that sets foot in our organisation again.

Because I think that inquiry that’s meant to give us answers isn’t fit for purpose. celtic apologised for across Scottish football, it was mealy mouthed shite, I don’t want our club to go along that lines so they can tick off a box.

They need to apologise solely for what happened at Rangers and at this point only for what is conclusive. The only conclusive fact is that Neely was employed by our club and accusations have been made against him. Our apology should include that the inquiry is a whitewash and we need to go through the correct channels so accusations can be giving the respect they deserve. There might be more victims, we owe it to them to treat this seriously and that inquiry does anything but. It’s fucking disgrace of an inquiry. 

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Because I think that inquiry that’s meant to give us answers isn’t fit for purpose. celtic apologised for across Scottish football, it was mealy mouthed shite, I don’t want our club to go along that lines so they can tick off a box.

They need to apologise solely for what happened at Rangers and at this point only for what is conclusive. The only conclusive fact is that Neely was employed by our club and accusations have been made against him. Our apology should include that the inquiry is a whitewash  and we need to go through the correct channels so accusations can be giving the respect they deserve. There might be more victims, we owe it to them to treat this seriously and that inquiry does anything but. It’s fucking disgrace of an inquiry. 

Fucking hell. 

5 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

They need to apologise solely for what happened at Rangers and at this point only for what is conclusive. The only conclusive fact is that Neely was employed by our club and accusations have been made against him. Our apology should include that the inquiry is a whitewash and we need to go through the correct channels so accusations can be giving the respect they deserve. There might be more victims, we owe it to them to treat this seriously and that inquiry does anything but. It’s fucking disgrace of an inquiry. 

Jesus fuck please stop 

anyone who has followed this child abuse will know all about the scumbag bastard who was running the inquiry.

therefore i refuse to listen or even acknowledge this bullshit report because the guy is a blatant peedo lover.

answers need to be give from Rangers definitely. but no chance we should be named in the same breath as those peedo enablers across the city.

someone should ask martin henry if he misses his pal james rennie.

43 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Ignore the wanker , most of us do.

Nothin worse than logging on here and the resident taig is in control of the place again. Will be giving this a miss today........

42 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I used to like his input but that was just to be and act a cunt, no input whatsoever. The guy is a fucking fraud. 

Admin should seriously be banning you 2 from this thread for this , it's far too serious and important to be derailed by this shit 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Jesus fuck please stop 

There’s a topic listing “whitewash confirmed”. Rangers will be doing the victims of child abuse a great service if they was to call it out for what it actually is. It was an inquiry with one purpose to protect that bastardised football team. We need a normal inquiry. 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

There’s a topic listing “whitewash confirmed”. Rangers will be doing the victims of child abuse a great service if they was to call it out for what it actually is. It was an inquiry with one purpose to protect that bastardised football team. We need a normal inquiry. 

I agree with you on this tbh. The report reads to me like laying the ground work for making excuses as to a why certain club, despite being horsed thru court after court over this, can't be punished in a football sense as they'd need to punish everyone.

Stick. Fucking. On.

As for us we should have had a statement out by now.

I'll hold fire as I would rather our reaction was the correct one rather than a quick one. I would hate to see us put out a mealy mouthed , identikit  non apology like the other clubs have. I am willing to wait but I expect something substantial when it does come, would love to see us really put a plan in place to try and make things right. Will be furious if it takes us days to release pretty much the same as others released in hours.

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

You did that to yourself ages ago. Now fucking ignore me from now on like I’m doing you. It’s easy even a fucking idiot like you can manage it. 

Nah I won't be ignoring someone who wants to disown allegations of abuse at Rangers. Cunts like you should be outed. 

Just now, Getstiffed said:

I agree with you on this tbh. The report reads to me like laying the ground work for making excuses as to a why certain club, despite being horsed thru court after court over this, can't be punished in a football sense as they'd need to punish everyone.

Stick. Fucking. On.

As for us we should have had a statement out by now.

We might or might not have contacted the police, he might or might not have went onto other clubs, they let him leave and wished him best luck or they dismissed him immediately, Hibs might of informed us prior to employing him what he was or they might not of, Hibs might of knew about him or might not have. 

They need time for this statement. 

3 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

We should have been carrying out our own enquiry , I know how disgusting the tarriers are but funnily enough in the bears den I want to discuss us , what we done right , could we have done more etc , some of the whataboutary that's been posted is disgusting 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

We might or might not have contacted the police, he might or might not have went onto other clubs, they let him leave and wished him best luck or they dismissed him immediately, Hibs might of informed us prior to employing him what he was or they might not of, Hibs might of knew about him or might not have. 

They need time for this statement. 

They've had years! Literally fucking years. Instead of doing something, victims were pointed to the liquidators and we tried to wash our hands of the whole fucking thing. 

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

We should have been carrying out our own enquiry , I know how disgusting the tarriers are but funnily enough in the bears den I want to discuss us , what we done right , could we have done more etc , some of the whataboutary that's been posted is disgusting 

To be fair the inquiry was meant to give us the answers, it’s done anything but. 

Archived