Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

Bad Robot

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

It’s in the public domain and I’m positive anything shared with the sfa by anyone will have also been shared to the police and others.

Maybe,and it's small maybe,that the other 8 names on gerry mcsherry and gordon wood's list will get a visit from plod now that the enquiry has been finalised.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I have read all the club statements and to call them individual apologies is a stretch. Instead, they are worded as a systematic crime throughout society in our country. A deflection tactic written by lawyers. The Henry report asks all clubs to apologize but mentions no share of the blame for the sporting institution running football in our country. (from my understanding - I could be wrong). There is also no mention as to why the Scottish government never intervened and investigated. Surely the sfa & the gov't are equally culpable? Where are the demands for their apologies?

Across the city, they have hidden peadophilla for over 50 years. One day, it may go down as the biggest crime in sports history. Yet this thread is focussed on us (mainly from our token blogger)- about a crime none of us really know the details about. If (and I say with a big IF), we did report Neely to law enforcement or at the very least to his police dad, then the mud should be flung at the police. If we have covered this up, then our current regime (iDouglas Park) must act accordingly to correct past errors as it is not too late to compensate and do the right thing.

Until we actually know how we reacted all those years ago, a statement cannot be demanded. Everything is speculative.

Why wouldn't the thread on the part of the forum explicitly about Rangers and being discussed by Rangers fans focus on Rangers' involvement?

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why wouldn't the thread on the part of the forum explicitly about Rangers and being discussed by Rangers fans focus on Rangers' involvement?

The fact that you quoted me in the middle of a Rangers game sums you up. You are a fake!

15 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Campbell is one for the watching. Was utterly desperate for us to get hounded for singing songs away in Europe ages ago. 

He knows exactly what he's at tweeting that pish. Sleekit cunt.

Stop talking shite. He was with me in Feyenoord and everybody that was there, including club officials, expected us to get banned for the singing that night. He sent 3 tweets, in his capacity as a journalist. The singing was widely report in the papers the next day as well.

The fact the club have withdrawn his press accreditation after their non-response this week says a lot more about them than it does him. They are a disgrace. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

In What capacity is Dingwall allowed in?

Because he runs a forum?

More or less. He's in as "fan media"/journalist. With only 20 media allowed in (outside club media and broadcast partners), having someone in there who has provided no content bar 14 photos of his lunch - from games or pressers - is laughable.

Just now, The Dude said:

More or less. He's in as "fan media"/journalist. With only 20 media allowed in (outside club media and broadcast partners), having someone in there who has provided no content bar 14 photos of his lunch - from games or pressers - is laughable.

I’m surprised 14 photos was enough to cover his lunch tbh.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

He enables the club to control messages through FF & his numerous accounts. in return, he gets access to games. 

If I was being cynical, the title of the thread on the review - posted six minutes after it went public - is VERY worrying

"The Independent Review into Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football disappoints"

57 minutes ago, Angus1965 said:

Sorry for the language , but the Yahoos are filthy bastards , and they will pay for their crimes . 

And so they  should, but got the feeling they'll get help from media and press to limit damage, of just muddy the situation by dragging as many other clubs as they can in to the mess.

And they are good at it, been covering up for decades.

Others will be tarred by the tarriers tarred brush, you can guarantee it. 

4 hours ago, CooperSF said:

:lol::lol:

If that happened across the city people on here would be (rightfully) spewing about it.

The club's response to this has been nothing short of a disgrace. Stated how I feel we should deal with this earlier in the thread, but at the very least we should have made comment by now. Staying silent is such a stupid own goal and allows the room for people to take an easy, and justified pop at us.

I'm sure if they do eventually put something out they'll point to legal consultation or some nonsense as the reason why it's taken so long, but the time they've spent being completely silent on it is ridiculous.

Any chance we can forget about if the police report was made or not. You have a couple of instances where men have came forward Nd told you what happened. One of the cases was in 1987/88 and this was prior to the case where neely said an inappropriate comment to the other lad and wether it was reportered or not is up for debate. What you cannot debate is the fact the these boys told us about neely and the same OM was used by neely. 

Rangers football club had a chance to go on the front foot a few years back wirh this and we never. 

oh yeah i recall getting banned for even suggesting this happened at ibrox period to the mark daly report on BBC. It was made out to be BBC v RFC. Mark daly was given the task to bring it into the public 

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

Rangers welcomes the Scottish Fa's long-awaited review into historic sexual abuse of children within the game. 

Rangers have done everything to ensure the horrific abuse suffered by kids at clubs across Scotland and beyond cannot and will not be repeated. 

We are ready to work with any victims to provide the help and support needed to allow them to move forward with their life and will cooperate fully with any future investigations. 

We apologise fully and unreservedly to any victims of abuse, both at Rangers and in wider society and will do everything in our power to protect children in line with current safeguarding guidelines. 

I've seen suggestions that Rangers should enter a joint compensation fund with those who deliberately covered up the crimes at another club, who seem determined to share their blame. I don't think that version of a statement works, as each club should face their responsibilities individually, & not as if they were part of the conspiracy & attempted dilution of one clubs crimes that is happening in front of our eyes right now.

Archived