Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

Bad Robot

See Motherwell ,Patrick and the media reiterating the scums so called apology .The one where they were  grudging denying their full responsibilities and saying it was the  boys club of course .Separate entity  .Ahem at least 20 years too late for these cunts .It’s like a sorry makes everything ok now .Nothing else to see so let’s move on .The disingenuous club have the media in their fucking pockets and clearly all the decision makers .And the cover up of a puedo ring is still not even had a mention 

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

See Motherwell ,Patrick and the media reiterating the scums so called apology .The one where they were  grudging denying their full responsibilities and saying it was the  boys club of course .Separate entity  .Ahem at least 20 years too late for these cunts .It’s like a sorry makes everything ok now .Nothing else to see so let’s move on .The disingenuous club have the media in their fucking pockets and clearly all the decision makers .And the cover up of a puedo ring is still not even had a mention 

That was no apology. They stated sorrow for what happened across Scottish football, they included their club for this sorrow but also ensured that due to it being across Scottish football the separate entity lie is continued by mentioning another boys team that also was part of the “across Scottish football.”

4 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have made that comment about something so serious when I haven't walked a mile in those shoes. So I apologise if anyone takes offence to that. 

What was said wasn't meant to make you feel bad.
I was actually agreeing with what you said mate.
No sense in us feeling bad when we never committed any offence.
The one thing you will learn when bringing up your brand new kid,is there will be good days,bad days and great days you will remember your whole life.

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

Sorry, that's a load of shite. Disagree with him all you like, but trying to imply he's making some kind of link or comparison between McCoist and Neely is garbage. He's juxtaposing or conflating nothing. You're seeing something that isn't there, and if anyone should be offended it should be him, by that implication.

Kind of misrepresentation that happens with him all the time. And then the mud sticks. 'That time you compared Neely with McCoist' it'll be in a short time, when he's done nothing remotely of the sort.

The bit where he brought Ally into the discussion was the point where positioned Ally with Neely.

So in opinion you're talking shite....... or is your opinion binding as Dude seems to think his is?

Again the is NO RELEVANCE in bringing Ally to the discussion......... IMO of course

24 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

That was no apology. They stated sorrow for what happened across Scottish football, they included their club for this sorrow but also ensured that due to it being across Scottish football the separate entity lie is continued by mentioning another boys team that also was part of the “across Scottish football.”

Agreed ..That is what I was getting at .They are using the media to dilute their shite in amongst clubs like Partick and Motherwell 

Any club and business can have a bheast within

They had a collective group of them in a clear as day ring 

Still being glossed over and covered up 

5 hours ago, tannerall said:

queer folk

A news report on loop in my van yesterday pointed to homophobia and a fear of name calling for victims was one of the reasons why kids felt reluctant to come forward.

You quite simply can't be calling people queer folk.

Just to get this straight,and not to dismiss what has allegedly happened between 2 coaches invloving 3 kids.
According to what i have read on these pages,we have to apologise and i'm still not sure as to what extent this apology has to be.
The board would be hard hearted if we are just ignoring this and hope it goes away.
I'm assuming we as a club are taking legal advice on this,and will in due course set the record straight.
Until then their is no chance i'm going to get all hot and bothered about some half arsed apology to appease the people behind the review into SA in scottish football.
One of the coaches named who was not an employee, seemingly abused kids elsewhere,and the other culprit was dismissed the first time it was reported.
People can add arms and legs to put their own slant on it,and might never get the facts correct.
The bottom line is only the people involved in the 90's know what actually happened at Ibrox.

47 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

A news report on loop in my van yesterday pointed to homophobia and a fear of name calling for victims was one of the reasons why kids felt reluctant to come forward.

You quite simply can't be calling people queer folk.

In context you can, it's a literal reference from a bygone age, which has changed for the better.

My comment was referring back to an age when it was common, but wrong, but nowadays condemned.   Similar to other things such as domestic, even institutional sexual abuse, which the police were less inclined to investigate.

Its when it is used to target or taint a specific person it is liable, that's why you can quote it if you want, as long as it is in context. 

Oh I see you did there, totally out of context. 

29 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Just to get this straight,and not to dismiss what has allegedly happened between 2 coaches invloving 3 kids.
According to what i have read on these pages,we have to apologise and i'm still not sure as to what extent this apology has to be.
The board would be hard hearted if we are just ignoring this and hope it goes away.
I'm assuming we as a club are taking legal advice on this,and will in due course set the record straight.
Until then their is no chance i'm going to get all hot and bothered about some half arsed apology to appease the people behind the review into SA in scottish football.
One of the coaches named who was not an employee, seemingly abused kids elsewhere,and the other culprit was dismissed the first time it was reported.
People can add arms and legs to put their own slant on it,and might never get the facts correct.
The bottom line is only the people involved in the 90's know what actually happened at Ibrox.

I might be talking pish but I thought it was one youth coach and 3 boys whilst at Rangers. The bastard 

49 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

So who is made these allegations then, who reported it. It's not just the folk at Ibrox who know, Neely's associates, the victim and his father, their associates, and probably others would have known too, and that spread further.

30 minutes ago, tannerall said:

In context you can, it's a literal reference from a bygone age, which has changed for the better.

My comment was referring back to an age when it was common, but wrong, but nowadays condemned.   Similar to other things such as domestic, even institutional sexual abuse, which the police were less inclined to investigate.

Its when it is used to target or taint a specific person it is liable, that's why you can quote it if you want, as long as it is in context. 

Oh I see you did there, totally out of context. 

Bullshit.

The biggest issue here is probably the report to the police.

The BBC suggested there was not one, and that Neely abused others in the 90s. 

However as late as 2017, our club still insisted it was reported.

So who would have issued that statement from the club ?

2 hours ago, the cry was no said:

The bit where he brought Ally into the discussion was the point where positioned Ally with Neely.

So in opinion you're talking shite....... or is your opinion binding as Dude seems to think his is?

Again the is NO RELEVANCE in bringing Ally to the discussion......... IMO of course

He doesn't position Ally with Neely. Read what he's saying ffs. You're the only one implying a connection by making that weird implications from the mere mention of his name. The mention of McCoist is perfectly innocent and makes sense in that post. Read it again and stop making yourself look stupid.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

We are also using a separate entity excuse. The victims who were claiming compensation against the club were told to take their complaint to BDO as the liquidator of Oldco. 

By our actions and current silence, we are somehow managing to look worse than Celtic, who have seen several ex employees prosecuted for their crimes. It’s a fucking disgrace but unsurprising given some of the individuals running the club. 

15 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

We are also using a separate entity excuse. The victims who were claiming compensation against the club were told to take their complaint to BDO as the liquidator of Oldco. 

By our actions and current silence, we are somehow managing to look worse than Celtic, who have seen several ex employees prosecuted for their crimes. It’s a fucking disgrace but unsurprising given some of the individuals running the club. 

Mate, I’m reserving judgment here. Think we need to wait to see what the club come out with. If we come out with a statement it has to be bang on. We don’t want something generic like they cunts. If we don’t do the proper thing then we can get tore in to the club. Let’s see what they come out with. 🇬🇧👍

13 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Mate, I’m reserving judgment here. Think we need to wait to see what the club come out with. If we come out with a statement it has to be bang on. We don’t want something generic like they cunts. If we don’t do the proper thing then we can get tore in to the club. Let’s see what they come out with. 🇬🇧👍

The club have had over 2 years to deal with this but haven’t. 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

The club have had over 2 years to deal with this but haven’t. 

For the sake of legal arguments and trials, maybe they couldn’t say anything.  I’m not a legal person mate. Just looking at it objectively. Waiting though to see what the club comes out with. 

42 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Looking worse than the scum

Have a word with yourself ffs 

As we all know Rangers are under the microscope like no other club in Scotland. I fully expect a statement regarding this. It will have to be very carefully worded to prevent the Scottish media using it against the club to negate the acts, misdeeds, inaction and deflection of others.

Archived