Knock Out Antwerp And We've Made Ten Million Euros.

tannerall

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Just do not understand the mentality of those who say they don't care about Europe.

I looked at Europe as a bonus this season. Stopping Terry Munro was my priority. 

The fact this 10 million could be ours during the lock out is of course hugely important. 

Just now, chris182 said:

Is there something about being the only country representative left too which means we get the whole chunk of the TV money for this round? 

I'm not sure how TV and advertising fits in to this. My impression is that the figure above is simply for taking part, but it also includes money from a "Pool".

Anothe bonus is we will have made  a lot of money from advertising and TV rights not controlled by UEFA.

59 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I looked at Europe as a bonus this season. Stopping Terry Munro was my priority. 

The fact this 10 million could be ours during the lock out is of course hugely important. 

Its no just the money for me mate, important as that is its, the prestige and the chance to showcase our players, develop our players, its also vital for recruitment. Then there's the fact we're Rangers, striving to win and be successful is in our dna.

20 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Just do not understand the mentality of those who say they don't care about Europe.

We have to think about the bigger picture. 

As far as this season goes, we need the money. Most clubs are losing money hand over fist because of COVID and we already reported a massive loss in June so anything that can help plug that gap should be considered a priority.

In the longer term, doing well in Europe now improves our coefficient points and the knock on effect of that is we get more favourable draws and possibly an easier path into the Champions League later on.

I can understand people saying winning the league is more important, because it is, but when we are only four wins from the title I think we can relax a bit, start putting a lot of focus on Europe and enjoy the run we are on.

We're actually at the point now after thee seasons where European sucess and income is not just a bonus, but expected and long may it continue.

A remarkable achievement by Steve Gerrard, and crucial to our future co-efficient status and ranking.

Being inspired by this thread I went to look at the prize money if we made the CL groups next year. By my calcs if we made the groups (and the Orks didn't) we're looking around €30m just by entering the groups, including TV pot share, coefficient ranking payments etc. That's not including any gate receipts either.

Add to that nearly €3m for a win in the groups and that my friends is next level type stuff.

If the minks did qualify too, they'd take just under half the country TV pot about €4m or thereabouts.

Link if you want to see my working (based on 20-21 payments): https://www.football-coefficient.eu/money/

32 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Its no just the money for me mate, important as that is its, the prestige and the chance to showcase our players, its also vital for recruitment. Then there's the fact we're Rangers, striving to win and be successful is in our dna.

Yeah all that as well. :UK:

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

Every result in Europe is really important for the club's finances and next year could be massive for us. I'm really excited about the CL and looking forward to the summer now we're back (nearly). 

I’m also looking forward to 2iar where we walk straight into the CL without going via qualifiers. In many ways next season is more important than this (besides fucking their campaign)

14 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

And some on here don't  care about Europe. Baffling.

Take it they won't  watching the game tonight. 

Complete opposite to the likes of @British_Empire who only cared about European games and had completely given up on Rangers domestically.

55 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Winning 55 was the main priority, Europe has played a part in that.

Given us additional finances and I think the players have taken huge confidence from their European performances into the league games. 

Archived