Formation

james_85

If Tav is out for a couple of weeks and Patterson out as well. Could we potentially change to a 3-5-2, Balogun performed decently at right back but certainly isn't a natural in that position. Could we see a bit of a re-jig to get through the next few weeks 

Just now, james_85 said:

If Tav is out for a couple of weeks and Patterson out as well. Could we potentially change to a 3-5-2, Balogun performed decently at right back but certainly isn't a natural in that position. Could we see a bit of a re-jig to get through the next few weeks 

Tavs out for the rest of the season imo

I think what I would say it's that although we don't have a natural RB if Tav is out he hasn't exactly been flying or been pushing really far up the pitch as much as he was earlier in the season.

I'm hoping due to our full backs being a bit more compact recently and with Arfield & Jack back it'll be manageable without him.

It's something I've wanted to see us try for a while but I don't think we should be messing about with the formation so drastically so close to clinching 55.

If it's not broken don't fix it, and when we've not lost a league game all season I wouldn't say we're broken just yet despite tonight's injuries.

Balogun done enough to merit a start at right back.

Just now, james_85 said:

Saw a lot more from Morelos andKent tonight which would suggest they should be a preffered front two. 

Still like the idea o a back three with a holding player in front of defence (Jack or Davis) but that puts a huge pressure on the full backs as they then find it ifficult to get forward.

3-1-4-2

Depends how well our midfield can fill the gaps defensively when a full back goes forward.

I'm starting to favour 4-4-2, which allows the midfield more space to pass the ball, but that's old fashioned now.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Pointless changing now.

Don't fix what ain't broke.

We don’t have a natural right back though and it definitely hampered us both going forward and defensively. Balogun, for as good as he is, doesn’t provide the directness we expect down the right

8 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Aye Tav's done for the season

I think we'll continue with Balogun at RB and see how we get on against Dundee, if it goes well we'll stick with that.

Worry is we now have no defensive cover on the bench going forward.

Simpson?

What I will say is that whoever comes in should be doing their best firstly for the club but also for Tav as if anyone deserves credit for effort this year it's him. He deserves to be the one to lead us out onto the pitch the day we clinch 55.

I really hope he's back fit asap.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Most won't agree, but I would bring in Patterson when he is out of quarantine. 

They league know if they suspend him (they probably will), they reopen the Dubai can of worms again and they will want to avoid that.

Even in he can play in the European games, would free up Balogun from playing every game there.

3 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

We don’t have a natural right back though and it definitely hampered us both going forward and defensively. Balogun, for as good as he is, doesn’t provide the directness we expect down the right

Well just slightly adjust the tactics. It's not like Tavs crossing has been shit hot for months now. For the games we have left Balogun can do a shift until Pattersons suspension is up if Tav is out for the rest.

Archived