Best Volley

BlueHatBlueDay

Listening to talk sport earlier, good discussion on best vollyer, and best one seen. There's nothing like being at the match and your man lets go from the edge of the box. Time stands still for a moment, you look for an indication from behind goals. BOOM! What's the best volley you've seen from a bear. Wilkins vs Timmy for me. 

I still think Thern’s strike against them was a better goal than Wilkins volley. But for me the value of a goal is measured not only in the moment but the overall memory. And unfortunately that was a season of massive disappointments which is why Wilkins strike will always be better remembered. 

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I still think Thern’s strike against them was a better goal than Wilkins volley. But for me the value of a goal is measured not only in the moment but the overall memory. And unfortunately that was a season of massive disappointments which is why Wilkins strike will always be better remembered. 

That was a peach. Another top top signing who was injured a fair bit from memory and never allowed us to enjoy fully. I was at my pomp back in they days. 

2 minutes ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

That was a peach. Another top top signing who was injured a fair bit from memory and never allowed us to enjoy fully. I was at my pomp back in they days. 

Agree when he was fit he was one of those who looked a class above other players but he was broken by the time we got him unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Golazzo from the captain. Funny remembering matches like this which seem odd now given where we are but all part of the journey back for us. 

No keeper stops that one, Peterhead or not. A nice wee reminder of where we've came back from, seems like a lifetime ago. 

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

Golazzo from the captain. Funny remembering matches like this which seem odd now given where we are but all part of the journey back for us. 

To this day I think it’s the best goal I’ve seen in the flesh

You canny put into words how difficult it is what he did that day. Unbelievable strike. Stick Buffon in there and he’s not saving it.

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Mark Hughes and Matt Le Tissier are two of the best at volleying a football I’ve seen.

Jean pierre papin

The story goes that he used to get Trevor Steven to stay back at training to fire balls for him to perfect his volleying technique 

Le Tissier and Glen Hoddle were two of the best strikers of a ball I've seen.

For any younger lads here haven't seen how good Hoddle was as a player. (volley at 3.05 aint bad)

Archived