Steven Gerrard does not have to leave Rangers to prove he can one day manage Liverpool - Jamie Carragher

EMRFC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Hes spot on. The big worry for me is That Gerrard has admitted he doesn't see him being a manager for a long time which means there's, very limited opportunities for him to get the one job he wants. Doesn't help that Klopps making a cunt of it either. 

I’d be surprised if Liverpool kick out Klopp after all he’s achieved and taking into account the unique circumstances surrounding this season.

Add to that, Gerrard doesn’t sound like a guy who is ready to quit Rangers in the near future either.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I’d be surprised if Liverpool kick out Klopp after all he’s achieved and taking into account the unique circumstances surrounding this season.

Add to that, Gerrard doesn’t sound like a guy who is ready to quit Rangers in the near future either.

Klopp is more likely to resign than them giving him the boot. He's not very fond of living in England, he hates the weather and the fact there is no winter break in the season.

20 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I hope so too but can't help this nagging feeling Klopp may decide he's had enough /taken them as far as he can and walk in the summer. Especially if the Germany job becomes available. 

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I hope so too but can't help this nagging feeling Klopp may decide he's had enough /taken them as far as he can and walk in the summer. Especially if the Germany job becomes available. 

Just a thought but let's say for argument's sake Klopp did decide to leave in the summer do you really think Liverpool would go for Gerrard given that Gerrard has so obviously set us up almost like a carbon copy of Liverpool's style of play and that other than the injuries they have sustained teams in the EPL might have sussed out how to play against? or do they go for an experienced manager with a different philosophy?

The obvious next destination for the gaffer is Liverpool however what does he bring that is different to Jurgen Klopp? I know he is Liverpool legend through and through which is a bonus for them but we setup and play very similar to what they do. 

Its just unfortunate that Liverpool have been hit with injuries to their defence this season which has saw them not being able to challenge again for the EPL title. If Klopp is given time, he will turn it around next season i'm sure and will hopefully be at Liverpool for many years to come.

I think there's a chance Klopp will take the Germany job after the summer but I'm not sure if Liverpool would consider Gerrard just yet. They must be aware how enormous the (commercial) opportunity is - appointing a bona fide club legend, with worldwide brand recognition, as their manager - so they'll be anxious to pull the trigger at the right time.

If Klopp does leave, someone's about to inherit a team that's arguably peaked (like all great teams do) and probably due for a fairly major rebuild. I'm not sure Liverpool would want Gerrard to carry that can. 

4 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I think there's a chance Klopp will take the Germany job after the summer but I'm not sure if Liverpool would consider Gerrard just yet. They must be aware how enormous the (commercial) opportunity is - appointing a bona fide club legend, with worldwide brand recognition, as their manager - so they'll be anxious to pull the trigger at the right time.

If Klopp does leave, someone's about to inherit a team that's arguably peaked (like all great teams do) and probably due for a fairly major rebuild. I'm not sure Liverpool would want Gerrard to carry that can. 

Gerrard's proven though that given time he's capable of building a team. FSG are long term project people too, probably the most patient owners in the Premier League, which probably stems from their expertise in Baseball. They gave Rodgers 3 and a bit seasons, Klopp got 4 years to win a trophy.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Gerrard's proven though that given time he's capable of building a team. FSG are long term project people too, probably the most patient owners in the Premier League, which probably stems from their expertise in Baseball. They gave Rodgers 3 and a bit seasons, Klopp got 4 years to win a trophy.

That's true but I'll continue to invent reasons why Gerrard won't leave us until the moment he does. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was funny in the late 90s when you had Owen, McManaman, Fowler, Carragher, Thompson and Wright all playing for Liverpool despite being Everton fans as kids.

Didn't know Thompson was an Everton supporter. Apparently Dalglish still went to the Rangers games after he'd signed for the taigs. 

1 minute ago, slimjim1690 said:

Just a thought but let's say for argument's sake Klopp did decide to leave in the summer do you really think Liverpool would go for Gerrard given that Gerrard has so obviously set us up almost like a carbon copy of Liverpool's style of play and that other than the injuries they have sustained teams in the EPL might have sussed out how to play against? or do they go for an experienced manager with a different philosophy?

Depends on if they want some sort of continuity or a fresh approach. 

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

He said he’ll go back to supporting the scum when Gerrard leaves. They can have him tbh - can’t stand the cunt!

Filthy bastard should've been sacked from Sky after his spitting stunt.
He actually would make a good bheggar with his high pitched whine,and would be tailor made for ssb phone in.

25 minutes ago, rangersross said:

That's true but I'll continue to invent reasons why Gerrard won't leave us until the moment he does. 

Try... they saw Lampard fail at Chelsea and thought 'let's not go for our club legend prematurely'.

That's the straw I like to clutch at.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I went on the Liverpool forum earlier to see what they were saying and some of them mentioned Newcastle as a possible next step for him. 

That club would be a complete backwards step and I’ve yet to see it do favours for any managers career. Their support wants everything now and they don’t have an owner willing to fund it. 

Red and White Kop? Just went on there and read a page on the Gerrard thread and seen @JFK-1 posting :lol: 

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Cut and paste please in OP

All links should be cut and paste unless they are from the official RFC site, it would cut down media source's, influencers and clickbait cashing in on our growing popularity.

13 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Wonder what his buyout is?

If anybody approaches him we should demand a shit load for him. Sporting Lisbon pair Braga 10 million euros for Amoriom last Summer and I see no reason why we couldn’t, or shouldn’t, demand as much for Gerrard is somebody comes calling for him.

I sincerely hope Gerrard and his advisers are too smart to give more than a moment's thought to the Newcastle job. Every manager there is caught between unreasonable fan expectation on one side and a prick owner on the other. Would he really be more qualified for the Liverpool job after a season desperately trying to keep Newcastle up than he would managing us to another title and a run in the CL? 

24 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Red and White Kop? Just went on there and read a page on the Gerrard thread and seen @JFK-1 posting :lol: 

:lol: No way. 

He's persistent, I'll give him that. A persistent crackpot.

Archived