Gerrard: Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

Fair summary. I agreed with Steven Smith giving Alan McGregor MOTM, but he wasn't all that busy,and the saves he made were all quite comfortable. The bheasts don't look too bad in terms of passing and movement, but they have a vulnerability and soft centre about them,that we can expect Rangers to continue to exploit.

I don't think I have ever experienced such a ho-hum OF game. Normally I have a few drinks to calm the nerves and bite my fingernails throughout the match. Not today, and then the match itself was underwhelming and even Gerrard's post match reaction lacks passion.

Strange. I Guess this is what happens when you wrap up the league in early March.

Hes quite right . That was two tough games against Slavia and together with the aftermath you have to give credit to the players for their fitness , but more importantly, for their mental strength.  

Meanwhile they've had a break , at full strength , home advantage and they still couldn't break us :UK:

Rotate players and give squad players like wright etc game time in the remaining league games and full strength in the cup. As great as an unbeaten season would be there is no extra trophy for it. Our club is about winning silverware and I want the scottish cup sitting alongside the league trophy this season.

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Hes quite right . That was two tough games against Slavia and together with the aftermath you have to give credit to the players for their fitness , but more importantly, for their mental strength.  

Meanwhile they've had a break , at full strength , home advantage and they still couldn't break us :UK:

Yep and dont forget put Tav back in that team along with a fit Jack and we're a far better team than them.

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I don't think I have ever experienced such a ho-hum OF game. Normally I have a few drinks to calm the nerves and bite my fingernails throughout the match. Not today, and then the match itself was underwhelming and even Gerrard's post match reaction lacks passion.

Strange. I Guess this is what happens when you wrap up the league in early March.

I agree. It’s odd also as I think their team next year will be almost unrecognisable to the one we played today. I think we were poor today, but it was a cup game for them and although they passed the ball well it’s another game they’ve not really hurt us, even after being more rested and prepared than we were for the game. It was as nothing an old firm as I can remember, and Gerrard getting it regards silverware. We need to be addicted to winning again. 

4 hours ago, teddybear1975 said:

Rotate players and give squad players like wright etc game time in the remaining league games and full strength in the cup. As great as an unbeaten season would be there is no extra trophy for it. Our club is about winning silverware and I want the scottish cup sitting alongside the league trophy this season.

What's the score with the Scottish cup? Obviously we don't normally start it in April, so what's the format?

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

This. It was a very odd feeling watching that game.
Me and two mates were watching whilst having a blether and none of us noticed celtic getting into position to score. We only saw the net bulge and we all just sort of shrugged. Usually we’d be going absolutely bloody berserk.

2 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

I agree. It’s odd also as I think their team next year will be almost unrecognisable to the one we played today. I think we were poor today, but it was a cup game for them and although they passed the ball well it’s another game they’ve not really hurt us, even after being more rested and prepared than we were for the game. It was as nothing an old firm as I can remember, and Gerrard getting it regards silverware. We need to be addicted to winning again. 

They are fucked without Edouard 

18 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Mibbee the gaffer said dont  batter them to much and they may appoint that numbnut kennedy full time. Saves risking them getting someone in who might know what they're doing.

Rumour has it the bunnet has bought a budgie for the director of football but the poor thing keeled over with the stench.

Well he thought it would go cheep cheep all day.

Edouard, Rogic, Christie, all want away (anymore?) Elyanoussi, Duffy, Kenny are loans (must be more)?

they brought on , Griffiths Rogic Forrest  yesterday all had their day in the sun  (4-5 years ago)

so much for having better players

Just bumped into the man himself outside coffee shop in Formby, he'd just signed someones Liverpool shirt.

Managed a 'Thank You for 55' .. and a brief chat about the various videos, but too stupid to get a photo with him -        but he did give me a fist bump as i left - a great man (and obviously I was wearing the colours!)

23 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

All that and no photo , nothing suspicious there

Formby is a small place, it's common to walk past local football players and managers  in its one main street.

Plus I'm well past the age of dragging my phone out of my pocket to record everything

Archived