Gerrard: Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

41 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

That’s being kind, he’s painful to watch 

His shitebaggery is the one I cannot cope with, he's not committed to us, goldson also is another who's heads not in it. His turning back and passing the ball, letting crosses come in, no desire or aggression to get forward or close down ontop of the press.

Wonder if Gerrard continues to play Gokdson when he signs a pre contract with some English championship shite come January? Wouldn't shock me if he did.

Roll on helander back and January, some players just need to go.

I honestly think barasic had a move fall apart at the last minute. 

Looks like Sunday was just covering the cracks again. Can't stop conceding first and our build up play is non existent.

Kent/Wright or sakala/ down both sides. I think morelos might sit out now, we are ever so lucky the tarriers have made fk ups so far....

10 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Get a grip.

Why? He’s just not good at the basics. Watch him tackle somebody, a proper tackle, you know the kind - boom, ball first, man the lot. Instead, he stands in front of the attacker making some sort of daft shuffle moves. 

watch him I’m saying 

he”s had one good season with us and apart from the occasional good game he’s been shite. 

no wonder he got hooked last night. 

check his shorts after a game- they are as clean as when he runs out the tunnel at the start.  
serious btw

52 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why? He’s just not good at the basics. Watch him tackle somebody, a proper tackle, you know the kind - boom, ball first, man the lot. Instead, he stands in front of the attacker making some sort of daft shuffle moves. 

watch him I’m saying 

he”s had one good season with us and apart from the occasional good game he’s been shite. 

check his shorts after a game- they are as clean as when he runs out the tunnel at the start.  
serious btw

Ah, the cleanliness of a defenders shorts, the only way to decide if someone is a good player or not 😂

Let's be honest, Barasic has been horrendous all season, how he gets a game before Bassey is incredible, he can't get past players and continually turns back, his defensive play is as bad, to a lesser extent  Tav has been woeful as well, the only one out of the back four to warrant a game is Balogun (despite his goal last night) the other three are fuckin gash just now.

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

Let's be honest, Barasic has been horrendous all season, how he gets a game before Bassey is incredible, he can't get past players and continually turns back, his defensive play is as bad, to a lesser extent  Tav has been woeful as well, the only one out of the back four to warrant a game is Balogun (despite his goal last night) the other three are fuckin gash just now.

Because Bassey isn’t very good either 

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

watch him I’m saying 

serious btw

:lol: 

17 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People keep going on about Bassey, hes been as poor as Borna. Just the usual on here and people refuse to admit it.

Barisic performance last night was superior to Bassey's vs Aberdeen yet one gets slated and the other praised. 🙈😅

Sorry mate I know you love the Borna and god knows Bassey isn’t the answer long term but at the moment Bassey is offering the bare minimum of not being a complete coward and actually trying to go past a man or make something happen. 

What I can’t fathom with Barisic is how reluctant he is to be out wide when the opposition have the ball. There’s a point Brondby are breaking last night it gets shifted out to the man on the right in loads of space (Barisic’s man) Barisic looks at him, sees that’s his man and still won’t put a sprint on to get out and close him down 

Another one that happened a couple of times last night and happens often is the opposition left side have the ball, he’s in the box, marking the same man as Balogun, not even looking behind him and there’s a man at the back post in acres of space that he doesn’t even know is there  

Im no sure if it’s tactical or if he’s just shirking then responsibility of dealing with his own man but it’s absolutely maddening to watch. 

22 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Sorry mate I know you love the Borna and god knows Bassey isn’t the answer long term but at the moment Bassey is offering the bare minimum of not being a complete coward and actually trying to go past a man or make something happen. 

What I can’t fathom with Barisic is how reluctant he is to be out wide when the opposition have the ball. There’s a point Brondby are breaking last night it gets shifted out to the man on the right in loads of space (Barisic’s man) Barisic looks at him, sees that’s his man and still won’t put a sprint on to get out and close him down 

Another one that happened a couple of times last night and happens often is the opposition left side have the ball, he’s in the box, marking the same man as Balogun, not even looking behind him and there’s a man at the back post in acres of space that he doesn’t even know is there  

Im no sure if it’s tactical or if he’s just shirking then responsibility of dealing with his own man but it’s absolutely maddening to watch. 

Thank you

No wonder he got hooked last night. SG seen enough 

I said it yesterday, I thought Barisic had a good first half. A lot quieter in the second.

Did he get taken off because he was poor or lacking game fitness?

There is no doubt he is not as good as last year but he is no where near as bad as the band wagoners say.

Bassey will get better with age but right now, he is not the answer.