Accounts 20/21

esquire8

When you take Covid out of it, we’d likely only have lost £5-6million last year which isn’t bad. One first team player sale (without losing a real mainstay) covers that loss. 

Board have really backed us to the hilt, when we get CL next year don’t expect us to spend. That £30million will pretty much go back into their pockets via paying off loans (and so it should considering the loyalty they’ve shown). 

We’ll likely just have to sell someone next summer to have a transfer kitty, as long as we win 56. Fail to win 56 and it’ll be a summer from hell next year 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

£22.6million revenue according to their accounts.

image.thumb.png.ad88515018a86c93ea79561d8690a750.png

Here's ours:

image.thumb.png.2e7c6f0bc4288ff5691f640b35d431d6.png

That 22.6 million will not be revenue going into their coffers.

people need to realise that when buying a replica top the lions share of the costs goes to the manufacturer 

For strips/merchandise deals normally clubs get an upfront payment and a percentage of merchandise sales

Rangers revenue will be similar to theirs 

just looks different accounting methodology to me

19 minutes ago, The hustler said:

That 22.6 million will not be revenue going into their coffers.

people need to realise that when buying a replica top the lions share of the costs goes to the manufacturer 

For strips/merchandise deals normally clubs get an upfront payment and a percentage of merchandise sales

Rangers revenue will be similar to theirs 

just looks different accounting methodology to me

Wouldn't that be reflected in the accounts? What would this different accounting methodology be? 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wouldn't that be reflected in the accounts? What would this different accounting methodology be? 

Their retail revenue is broken down, but their retail costs aren't. So basically we have no idea how much of their profit/loss is derived from retail.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

How does it work if we get the CL exactly? Is it a case of using what we have from the money of that to prevent these loses while paying back the board that have covered us? 

Prevent further losses, pay back some of the loans from the board and give us some money to invest in the squad. Don't think the board would want them being paid back in full at the expense of future earnings a good squad can give you.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

4.2mill clear profit having no worries about any costs whatsoever, in covid times with furlough and people losing jobs

Tbh thats fucking tremendous

Ah that makes more sense then if it's a case of castore doing all the work and having all the overheads, never realised that was the case.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Would it be possible to get a rough idea of what theirs are based on other operating costs (wages etc)?

Doubtful, you could try working it out but they probably lump costs from different areas in together for any number of reasons so getting actual figures might not be available, 

Our deal reminds me of murrays pne with jjb, basically all we had to do was be successful and they did everything else, 18mill up front, 3 guaranteed a year afterwards was sweet as fuck (especially when the economy went tits up) this is obviously less but its still guaranteed money no matter what (unless ourselves or castore go tits up) 

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

They had access to champions league money without any competition and have sold players for decent money.

Can you imagine where we'd be as a club if we tried to break even or make a profit every year post 2015?

It really bares thinking!

34 minutes ago, The Dude said:

any retail costs etc or is this 4.2m straight profit?

There 'shouldn't' be any costs and normally it should pure profit, BUT, I'd reckon Castore have charged us a fair whack for setting up the retail side of things like the website and distribution channels etc. I think that's the only reason retail looks well below what it ought to and is probably a first year thing. If it's not, I'd say something of the fanfare and figures about what Castore are giving us is way off the mark.

On an ongoing basis any other costs celtic have (staffing, leases, distribution etc) shouldn't apply to us any anything in the accounts will be pure profit.

4 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Can you imagine where we'd be as a club if we tried to break even or make a profit every year post 2015?

We could not at the time as we had to build a team they had a distinct advantage over us but have fucked it big time.

36 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

There 'shouldn't' be any costs and normally it should pure profit, BUT, I'd reckon Castore have charged us a fair whack for setting up the retail side of things like the website and distribution channels etc. I think that's the only reason retail looks well below what it ought to and is probably a first year thing. If it's not, I'd say something of the fanfare and figures about what Castore are giving us is way off the mark.

On an ongoing basis any other costs celtic have (staffing, leases, distribution etc) shouldn't apply to us any anything in the accounts will be pure profit.

Perhaps castore waived any charges for the cost they would have had of using our IP etc, basically the club could have said "here use our badge, our likeness etc, slap it on anything and flog it, and give us a cut, you pay all the costs and we dont charge for using our logo etc" 

49 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Would have took another 10 years to win the league. 

Cannot believe the money we lost in the lower leagues though. Mental. 

26 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Perhaps castore waived any charges for the cost they would have had of using our IP etc, basically the club could have said "here use our badge, our likeness etc, slap it on anything and flog it, and give us a cut, you pay all the costs and we dont charge for using our logo etc" 

I doubt that tbh. We own the IP and can let anyone use it if they pay US. Castore wouldn't have any reason to incur costs for using our badge.

Just now, Pure_Quality said:

I doubt that tbh. We own the IP and can let anyone use it if they pay US. Castore wouldn't have any reason to incur costs for using our badge.

Thats what i mean, instead of castore paying us for the use of the IP and us paying them a whack for the initial setup of the operations, maybe both sides called it evens and didnt charge each other

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats what i mean, instead of castore paying us for the use of the IP and us paying them a whack for the initial setup of the operations, maybe both sides called it evens and didnt charge each other

I get you. Possibly, but generally speaking a retail partner or a kit manufacturer wouldn't need to pay to use the IP because it would be part of the deal. Normally, and this wasn't the case with Ashley, it's just a given that if a retail partner/manufacturer is paying royalties for each kit sold the use of the IP is granted without cost.

Defo think this year's numbers reflect set up costs.

1 minute ago, Pure_Quality said:

I get you. Possibly, but generally speaking a retail partner or a kit manufacturer wouldn't need to pay to use the IP because it would be part of the deal. Normally, and this wasn't the case with Ashley, it's just a given that if a retail partner/manufacturer is paying royalties for each kit sold the use of the IP is granted without cost.

Defo think this year's numbers reflect set up costs.

Tbh i still think 4.2mill pure profit is decent given covid furlough, job losses, reduced wages etc, given the nature of our finances last few years, having guaranteed cash every year (like the jjb deal) is something that cannot be dismissed lightly 

If there is startup costs then even better for next years merch figure 👍