Accounts 20/21

esquire8

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

You dont think we do like? Im not saying the board need to empty their pockets the time to do that was before the qualifiers so that ship has sailed.

Im saying we need to play the game properly in terms of buy low and sell high. Then use the money from that to invest. We are attrocious at selling and getting value for players. 

No we don't need squad investment. It would be nice yes, but we have a squad of players more than capable of beating Motherwell, Aberdeen etc and winning the league. It's no easy to buy low and sell high or everyone would be doing it. We play in the Scottish League. Nobody buys big from here. And btw you don't think the recruitment of Sakala and Lundstram was speculating o accumulate? 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

No we don't need squad investment. It would be nice yes, but we have a squad of players more than capable of beating Motherwell, Aberdeen etc and winning the league. It's no easy to buy low and sell high or everyone would be doing it. We play in the Scottish League. Nobody buys big from here. And btw you don't think the recruitment of Sakala and Lundstram was speculating o accumulate? 

No they are both worse than players we already have on the books. 

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Not really, when you could make potentially 30 plus million from qualification sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. If we didnt qualify still you could say well we gave it our best shot and recoup some of the expendature will player sales. Instead we sat on our hands and stagnated. 

Thats not speculating to accumulate, thats high stakes gambling. Relying on player sales to dig us out a hole wouldve been extremely risky. We couldve had no interest in our players and if we did buying clubs wouldve had us over a barrel, effectively it wouldve been a fire sale and we would have surrendered the league there and then.

4 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Not really, when you could make potentially 30 plus million from qualification sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. If we didnt qualify still you could say well we gave it our best shot and recoup some of the expendature will player sales. Instead we sat on our hands and stagnated. 

Speculate to accumulate when we made a 23m loss and can only keep the lights on due to directors pumping money in for no return

Get in the real world ffs

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I thought it would be higher than that tbh.

I fucking hope not!

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

These accounts are the cost of winning 55 during a pandemic. Huge losses but I trust the board. 

The title is must win gets us the champions league millions 

My concern with that is everyone now knows the pressure of every single point in this league. Were not the best under pressure. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Loads shite my man. Sakala just bagged a hat trick and Lundstram has put in several MOTM performances. 

Its all about opinions. Both have had more poor performances in a blue shirt than good. Lundstram is apparently out highest earner ffs 

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Its all about opinions. Both have had more poor performances in a blue shirt than good. Lundstram is apparently out highest earner ffs 

So by paying someone to be our highest earner, we did speculate to accumulate 

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

And that's the speculating to accumulate part. The theory behind Lundstram was bring in a premier League quality players on a free and sell him for a fee. 

I'm sure at the time you along with the rest of is thought it was some "shrewd business".

Long and short of it is,

Had we not spent the money over the last couple of years they would have won 10IAR and we wouldn't be happy.

This year we need to win the league to get CL football so we couldn't sell our best players from last year as we would have expected them to strengthen. We won't be happy not winning the league this year.

17 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Someone on FF saying we have invested £1.7m in the womens team. Someone please tell me that isn't true?

1.7 Million and as i said before,In a game against our Under 16’s which contained a few 14yr olds the game got ended early as 16’s were winning 8-0.

An absolute embarrasment.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

1.7 Million and as i said before,In a game against our Under 16’s which contained a few 14yr olds the game got ended early as 16’s were winning 8-0.

Just disband it nobody cares

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

1.7 mil. FFS. That could be the wages for a couple of decent players for the men’s team. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Embarrassment for who?

You'd hope the boys would beat the women.

Also imagine the bad PR if we weren't the biggest or one of the biggest investors of women's football in Scotland.

As others have said, the figures do make grim reading but I also feared that it could have been worse. Mr Park and his fellow shareholders who have continually stepped up to the plate over the last few seasons are owed a massive thanks from us.

I get it that we have to develop a selling strategy but I also believe the board were in a real no win situation this year. Even in good (financial) times the team needs to be refreshed which involves moving players on and bringing in fresh blood. Given those accounts the best we could have hoped for was selling our best assets and replacing them with less expensive “prospects” - and our record in doing that in the last few years is very poor- I would say that less than half the “prospects” we have signed have actually improved the first team. ( That’s me being generous as well!)

Can you imagine the uproar if we had dismantled the team that did so well last season by selling those mentioned above, brought in some cheaper players, and still got horsed out of the CL?

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Embarrassment for who?

You'd hope the boys would beat the women.

Also imagine the bad PR if we weren't the biggest or one of the biggest investors of women's football in Scotland.

The womens team and the people who thought spending 1.7 million on it was justified.

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

Are we in a position financially to let the likes of the underperformed goldson run down his contract whilst trying to hold us to ransom?

Financially obviously not.

Should have been sold, more so when players are at their highest value. Morelos another.

Who bid for Goldson that we knock back money from....just out of interest?

We can't sell a player without an interested buyer....that's how transfers work