Steven Davis MBE

falkirkNS

1 hour ago, Boybluesy said:

We are more fluid with Davis, purely down to ability.   

He was keen to play forward passes to Roofe and Aribo but any player in his position needs his forwards to make themselves available either by dropping deep or making forward runs.

He’s absolutely ready if we need him.

43 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I'm glad we won, but let's get back to reality here....it was St Mirren

We’re not really in a position to talk like that this season given we recently struggled against Dundee and have dropped points against shite like Ross county 

38 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

We’re not really in a position to talk like that this season given we recently struggled against Dundee and have dropped points against shite like Ross county 

That's the point though.

Davis has had bouts of decent play in the past and utter rubbish in others. We shouldn't be getting excited because he had a relatively okay game against St Mirren, then believing he still has enough in him for Braga. 

Maybe he will, maybe he will disappear into oblivion. He's as much a gamble as all of them. 

Wouldn't start him, but sure, put him on the bench. I'm not completely dismissing Davis. 

Ah, I'm resenting that the players did something with this game and did absolutely nothing against the taigs which would have meant so much more, you know... not his fault, obviously. 

1 hour ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

That's the point though.

Davis has had bouts of decent play in the past and utter rubbish in others. We shouldn't be getting excited because he had a relatively okay game against St Mirren, then believing he still has enough in him for Braga. 

Maybe he will, maybe he will disappear into oblivion. He's as much a gamble as all of them. 

Wouldn't start him, but sure, put him on the bench. I'm not completely dismissing Davis. 

Ah, I'm resenting that the players did something with this game and did absolutely nothing against the taigs which would have meant so much more, you know... not his fault, obviously. 

To be fair to him, I can’t remember Davis having many stinkers for us in the way that Aribo has stunk the place out a few times this season.

Pretty sure GVB will stick with Jack and Kamara behind Ramsey anyway, especially if Lundstram is a doubt.

28 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To be fair to him, I can’t remember Davis having many stinkers for us in the way that Aribo has stunk the place out a few times this season.

Pretty sure GVB will stick with Jack and Kamara behind Ramsey anyway, especially if Lundstram is a doubt.

Hopefully we will play a blinder...although, I will be hoping for that in all games till season finishes 👍🏻 

9 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Plenty of teams who play a high press have a midfielder who sits deep and is the starting point for attacks but you are smart enough to already know that. :pipe:

These plenty of teams wont play most of their a games against teams that have 5 in their box and another 5 no more than 30 yards from their own goal

When were up against a team sitting in, what good is another player for us sitting deep

Now if we were a team that had 3 or 4 players making runs in behind to try slip balls through to, id totally agree with davis being in there, but we aren't were a team that plays the ball to feet, back to goal with a defender right up our arse

Against the sheep away, hearts away, aye maybe davis is useful just to control the tempo, but at home against sitting in teams or the likes of united away, or other shite away, having another player no where near the opposition goal to trouble their defence is pointless

But then you already know that

He was okay when he came on, against a rotten team we were already beating. No more, no less. 

We’ve McGregor a season too far, we had Defoe a half season too far, Davis is also a season too far. Just waiting for calls for him to get another year.

He might well play more this season and might have a couple of decent games, but the money spent on him this season would have been better spent elsewhere.