Goldson

GOAT

13 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Btw to anyone who for some reason thinks katic is the answer, he's having a fucking horrid time in croatia. The split fans want him sent back to us.

I really wanted to love Katic. I'll never forget his st Johnstone away performance though. 

In saying that, there were games like the 2-1 piggery game where he was really good. Mixed with him coming back from a horrendous injury and bulking like fucking Arnie I really hoped the loan move worked out and we got a better player back. Doesn't look good. Will file under "players I wanted to do good who were quite pish" along with Aaron Niguez and Sebo.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The main problem is how easy teams are finding it to score against us.

We’ve conceded 13 goals from 17 shots on target since the start of October, which is an absolutely shocking stat.

Jesus Christ and the award for worst stat of the season goes too :megaanguish:

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Any Gofund me details to pay Goldsons train fare down to Birmingham...? 

I'm sure Gio and Rangers have a centre half or two on a list we can replace him with come January... 

What's your budget for bringing in a new CH. Bearing in mind we paid nearly £4m for Goldson and with the situation would be lucky to recoup £2m just now.

The bandwagon is in full motion with Goldson just now but people need to realise we would be worse defensively with the likes of Balougun and Bassey at the back.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

What's your budget for bringing in a new CH. Bearing in mind we paid nearly £4m for Goldson and with the situation would be lucky to recoup £2m just now.

The bandwagon is in full motion with Goldson just now but people need to realise we would be worse defensively with the likes of Balougun and Bassey at the back.

Nobody is paying a penny for Goldson in January. At best we *might* get him out on loan if he agrees a bosman somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I suspect Doekhi will be a target either on a pre contract or January deal.

Also suspect we’ll move for Souttar.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Don’t think we will get that Doekhi tbh.

A 23 year old 6’3 centre half captaining his team in Holland and playing well has move to the Premier League written all over him.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The prospect of signing Souttar terrifies me. One of the most injury prone players I've seen. He's no a prospect anymore. He's 25.

Doekhi has a contract until June 2022 so would probably need to pay about £3m for him imo. Money we don't have and money we wouldn't make off getting rid of Goldson.

Still think it's a knee jerk reaction wanting Goldson gone. If we get offered a decent fee I'd take but he has to play until then.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The prospect of signing Souttar terrifies me. One of the most injury prone players I've seen. He's no a prospect anymore. He's 25.

Doekhi has a contract until June 2022 so would probably need to pay about £3m for him imo. Money we don't have and money we wouldn't make off getting rid of Goldson.

Still think it's a knee jerk reaction wanting Goldson gone. If we get offered a decent fee I'd take but he has to play until then.

Souttar helps our massively mismanaged homegrown list for European games. Can't keep signing non-Scottish trained players without moving some on if we want to play them in Europe

Just now, The Dude said:

Souttar helps our massively mismanaged homegrown list for European games. Can't keep signing non-Scottish trained players without moving some on if we want to play them in Europe

On the flip side we can't afford to sign a player who is extremely injury prone and likely to be out for long periods because he's Scottish, especially in such a prominent position on the park.

On the flip side we can't afford to sign a player who is extremely injury prone and likely to be out for long periods because he's Scottish, especially in such a prominent position on the park.

I get the worry about his injury record but he's played most games this season. 

One thing Gio needs to sort out is our home grown quota and signing Soutter helps with this especially considering we're most likely to lose likes of McGregor and Arfield as from next season. 

Id rather use up the quota with 3rd/4th choice CH on a free than spend over the odds for a Nisbet or the likes to help manage it.

26 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

He's fucking terrible

Garbage.

He’s a young, no-nonsense centre half who has worked very hard to get back to fitness. Could have done with him a few times this season. His attitude could not be more removed from that of Goldson.

Some people tend to see players somehow get better, the longer they’re away but you’re the complete opposite.

He’s no Richard Gough but I’d happily see him alongside Helander after the New Year.

He's not as injury prone as made out though. Yes, he's had some bad injuries but he seems to either get a really bad one or nothing at all. When you look at guys like Jack, Roofe and Helander, he could be much worse.

11 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

wouldnt shock me to see either pick up a "knock" and miss out

For all their faults Tav and Goldson aren’t the type of players that would do that.

Christ Tav tried to play on in Antwerp with a serious injury.

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Don’t think we will get that Doekhi tbh.

A 23 year old 6’3 centre half captaining his team in Holland and playing well has move to the Premier League written all over him.

Good interview with Mario Melchiot on SSN this morning talking about how Gio’s appointment has made headlines in Holland. All very positive apparently.

Not familiar with Doekhi to be honest but coming to play with a Dutch management team for a couple of years before going to England doesn’t seem that crazy an idea.

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Garbage.

He’s a young, no-nonsense centre half who has worked very hard to get back to fitness. Could have done with him a few times this season. His attitude could not be more removed from that of Goldson.

Some people tend to see players somehow get better, the longer they’re away but you’re the complete opposite.

He’s no Richard Gough but I’d happily see him alongside Helander after the New Year.

He's not good enough and nor will he be