• Ronald De Boer
    • Numan
    • Konterman
    • Huistra
    • Mols
    • Snelders
    • Van Vossen
    • Wattereus

Back in the Advocaat era, one of the Dutch players was interviewed and asked about a message to the fans.

He relayed what message he had said and then finished by saying "WE ARE THE PEOPLE!"

I am 80% sure it was Gio, but I can't see anything on YouTube and would have thought it would have resurfaced after his appointment. 

Anyone else remember that? Or who it was?

11 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This 💯.

Exact same. Numan really took to our culture. Stayed here for a while after he left too and was just so consistent.

Mols was just incredible. Had everything and would have broken records. Woulda surpassed their no.7 at the time and would have went to the very top. 

Sounds really gay but he had an infectious smile when he scored. Kinda like Ronaldinho where he just loved playing and it showed. Still to this day never seen a player for us who could turn with a ball as well.

Was he not around 30 when he got injured?

26 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Back in the Advocaat era, one of the Dutch players was interviewed and asked about a message to the fans.

He relayed what message he had said and then finished by saying "WE ARE THE PEOPLE!"

I am 80% sure it was Gio, but I can't see anything on YouTube and would have thought it would have resurfaced after his appointment. 

Anyone else remember that? Or who it was?

I remember it bud, was definitely Gio :tu: Sure the message was played on the screens at Ibrox.

29 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Was he not around 30 when he got injured?

He was 28 when he signed for us and hadn’t been able to get near the Dutch National team (no shame in that considering the depth they had at that time).

I think his injury denied us of him becoming a great Rangers player, but I also don’t believe he would have gone on to a bigger league and become this superstar like some people do. It sounds crazy to say at 28/29 but he was probably already too old to ever go on and reach that level.

RdB for me. Guy oozed class with his touch, control, vision. As some have said he was past his best when he played for us. Seriously doubt we would have got him in his prime. But he was still an absolute joy to watch. 

Numan and Mols both joint second behind RdB.

Numan was absolutely class as well and definitely "got it" regarding what being a Ranger is all about.

Mols was an absolute joy to watch as well......fuck, we were spoilt back then.

To this day I have yet to see a footballer from any era that could turn better than Mols....he was unreal man, he would have turned and be 5 yards away from the defender before they could even blink.

Edit: de Boer's diving header at their midden to equalise just after they had scored is still one of my all time favourite Rangers goals :drool: (and goal celebrations) 

It was close between RDB, Numan and Mols for me.

RDB was still a top player when he came to us but his best years were behind him. 

Mols is more a case of what might have been. He potentially could have become an all time great but it wasn't to be.

Numan for me was a world class player at the peak of his powers. He could have genuinely got a game with any of the European top sides. Easily the best LB I have seen play for Rangers, so he gets my vote.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Yeah 29 I think. Still had years in him before he got injured though. 

I only remember him post injury so can't really comment but being that age and having a decent at best career up til that point surely right to the top is pushing it

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

I only remember him post injury so can't really comment but being that age and having a decent at best career up til that point surely right to the top is pushing it

Shoulda worded it better, meant top in this country as in all time great in Scottish football.

10 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

Voted for Ronald as much as he was past his best when he came to us but some of his slide rule passing was just magic.

He was still relatively young when he came here ,But was still nowhere near the peak he was at in his mid 20s where he was sensational.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

It was close between RDB, Numan and Mols for me.

RDB was still a top player when he came to us but his best years were behind him. 

Mols is more a case of what might have been. He potentially could have become an all time great but it wasn't to be.

Numan for me was a world class player at the peak of his powers. He could have genuinely got a game with any of the European top sides. Easily the best LB I have seen play for Rangers, so he gets my vote.

He hasn't changed in 20 years either and is a mad bluenose.

The contract saga fucked it, he could have played for a few more years easily