Mason Greenwood

jackg93

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Can Man U be seen to discriminate against him? 

he’s not been convicted and charges dropped? 

obviously there’s the moral side of this but from employment law etc if no one will take him off them can they just say you’re sacked?

it’s a bit of a mind fuck

That Ched Evans or whatever got to play football again after the conviction being quashed after he done nearly 3 years for rape.

Fuck knows but due to the social media and every cunt hearing what he said to the lassie and the pics he's pretty much fucked. Don't know why he'd contemplate wanting to play with thousands chanting rapist and beast at you constantly.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Can Man U be seen to discriminate against him? 

he’s not been convicted and charges dropped? 

obviously there’s the moral side of this but from employment law etc if no one will take him off them can they just say you’re sacked?

it’s a bit of a mind fuck

Repuational damagge/ damage to the brand will be the get out for them to sack him.

8 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I’m not sure btw only reason I’m asking 

I wouldn't be shocked if they try to find a way to salvage a few quid but if they want to bin him, that would be their best bet. It's so vague you can fit almost anything in while news headlines make it a bit of a slam-dunk.

44 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wouldn't be shocked if they try to find a way to salvage a few quid but if they want to bin him, that would be their best bet. It's so vague you can fit almost anything in while news headlines make it a bit of a slam-dunk.

He’ll get a club somewhere

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’ll get a club somewhere

He'll easily be able to get a club overseas without issue.

It's highly unlikely they have grounds to sack him. By the law he's done nothing wrong and you can't sack someone because of media coverage being negative. 

They'd be able to get a transfer fee for him if they want, although they might just allow him to go for free to avoid any negative PR around getting money for him.

It happens all the time.

Actors get dropped from movies due to bad publicity whether they are guilty or not. 

Don't know whether or not they can sack him or will have to pay him off but they should be doing it either way. 

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

It's highly unlikely they have grounds to sack him. By the law he's done nothing wrong and you can't sack someone because of media coverage being negative. 

They'd be able to get a transfer fee for him if they want, although they might just allow him to go for free to avoid any negative PR around getting money for him.

Probably couldn’t happen but they should sell him and then donate every penny of the fee to a domestic abuse charity. 

• 1 month later...
On 31/05/2023 at 22:06, Somemightsay7 said:

It's highly unlikely they have grounds to sack him. By the law he's done nothing wrong and you can't sack someone because of media coverage being negative

We have a social media / reputation policy, that outlines expected behaviours outside of work and essentially not brining bad publicity on the business.

Although he hasn’t posted it himself, I’m sure that they could find a way to get it done tbh. 

• 1 month later...

Man Utd have released a statement saying they've not made a decision yet, but it reads to me as if they are teeing up for announcing he'll be staying.

Talking about things like seeing info that the public hasn't seen, have a duty to take care of one their employees who's been there since seven or whatever.

Rotten

12 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

The Athletic had just put out a piece saying that Arnold had told Senior figures a few weeks ago that he would be staying. They also suggest that ETH is behind it.

I genuinely can't see how they can bring him back, it would be absolutely carnage - but most importantly wrong.

Yeah mate saw that too, which was feeding into my thinking on the post above as well. All signs seem to be pointing to Man Utd preparing people for the announcement they’re keeping him

I really don't understand how it's taken them this long. This decision should have been made months ago.

If they actually want to keep him they should just chuck him out on loan overseas, see how he does and re-evaluate next year.

He either does well and they decide to keep him in which case they will need to deal with the backlash, although the backlash will be smaller if he has had a great season elsewhere (football fans are fickle) or they're then able to sell him for a good price to someone abroad and they don't need to deal with any backlash and they get some good cash out of it.

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I really don't understand how it's taken them this long. This decision should have been made months ago.

They've likely known for a while that they're keeping him. Everything else is just dragging things out and hoping the public will just forget that audio and those pictures.

1 minute ago, Marco said:

They've likely known for a while that they're keeping him. Everything else is just dragging things out and hoping the public will just forget that audio and those pictures.

But it seems like the more they drag it out the longer it's being talked about and the more publicity it's getting.

If they had announced it before pre season he would have gradually been involved in the squad through training, then through pre season friendlies and then eventually in the EPL. Whereas now, if he's allowed back in, the first game he's involved in is going to be such an unbelievably big event and that's all anyone is going to be talking about. 

If he had played in pre season games there wouldn't have been as much coverage as they were all overseas, and then the opening weekend is such a big event in itself that would have overshadowed it to an extent. It wouldn't have just gone under the radar by any means, but it would have got a lot less attention.

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

But it seems like the more they drag it out the longer it's being talked about and the more publicity it's getting.

Aye, because whilst the United hierarchy would have hoped differently, plenty of folks aren't going to forget what he did.

16 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Might be wrong here but I’m not sure he was actually acquitted, I thought the charges were dropped for some reason though but can’t remember why.

5 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

He isn't charged with anything.

So he's not charged with anything but everyone wants him sacked? And the lassie this shit happened with he is still with and now have a baby together? And he's gone through some sort of rehabilitation?

Just now, esquire8 said:

So he's not charged with anything but everyone wants him sacked? And the lassie this shit happened with he is still with and now have a baby together? And he's gone through some sort of rehabilitation?

It's the way the world is. Once someone is accused of something in the eyes of many they are guilty, regardless of the outcome.

Personally I'm indifferent and am not bothered if he stays or not. I think a large part of the issue is that the public only have the audio and pictures to go on and have no further details as to why the case was dropped or why they are still together etc. The whole thing has been managed poorly regardless of the outcome.