Barry Ferguson Resigns - will he Re - sign up with Gio?

VanVeenRangers

6 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

No need to get personal about it mate. Met him in Birmingham Airport about 10 years ago and he was more than friendly and decent. 

I could come across as personable meeting someone for 10 minutes, doesn't change the fact I'm a miserable prick.

Everyone who I know, who knew Barry Ferguson growing up at school said he was a horrible little bastard. And that's coming from the mouths of some of the biggest Rangers fans around.

Watching him through the media for the last 25 years I would tend to agree.

All this pish about him being some amazing player and club legend is vastly over hyped as well. He spent most of his career at Rangers because he couldn't cope with being a small fish in a big pond down south and came back with his tail between his legs.

He was choking to get to the Premier league as fast as he could before that, then when he went it wasn't Man U or Liverpool that were in for him, it was Blackburn Rovers.

I'd guess the folk that think he was some great are too young to have seen Gazza, Van Bronkhorst  De Boer etc as he couldn't lace their boots.

I'd have Claudio Reyna in my team begfore Ferguson.

PLG was a disaster as a Rangers manager, but he had the potential to revolutionise the club and bring it into the modern age in terms of sport science, years before it did. Those attempts were doomed to failure because of the influence of Ferguson and his wee clique undermining him at evert attempt. If he cared so much about Rangers he would have put his personal desires beneath what was good for the club, his ego wouldn't let him.

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

I could come across as personable meeting someone for 10 minutes, doesn't change the fact I'm a miserable prick.

Everyone who I know, who knew Barry Ferguson growing up at school said he was a horrible little bastard. And that's coming from the mouths of some of the biggest Rangers fans around.

All this pish about him being some amazing player and club legend is vastly over hyped as well. He spent most of his career at Rangers because he couldn't cope with being a small fish in a big pond down south and came back with his tail between his legs.

He was choking to get to the Premier league as fast as he could before that, then when he went it wasn't Man U or Liverpool that were in for him, it was Blackburn Rovers.

I'd guess the folk that think he was some great are too young to have seen Gazza, Van Bronkhorst  De Boer etc as he couldn't lace their boots.

PLG was a disaster as a Rangers manager, but he had the potential to revolutionise the club and bring it into the modern age in terms of sport science, years before it did. Those attempts were doomed to failure because of the influence of Ferguson and his wee clique undermining him at evert attempt. If he cared so much about Rangers he would have put his personal desires beneath what was good for the club, his ego wouldn't let him.

Ferguson was a far better player for us than Gio ever was. Reyna too. Fuck, Reyna got papped into RB because he couldn't get a game ahead of Ferguson. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Ferguson was a far better player for us than Gio ever was. Reyna too. Fuck, Reyna got papped into RB because he couldn't get a game ahead of Ferguson. 

That doesn't necessarily mean BF was better than Reyna. Ferguson didn't have the capability to play anywhere other than he did.

GVB was streets ahead of BF 🤣 go and check their careers on wiki.

Barry Ferguson was class before he went to Blackburn and drove forward and played forward passes. When he came back he was risk averse. He received the ball from a defender, did a 360 turn and passed it sideways or back. Typical Scottish midfielder, the type that seems to be all we are capable of producing, e.g Lambert, Mcstay, Glmour,  Fletcher etc...

What was he good at other than keeping possession? He rarely beat men, he had about a much power behind his shots as Kamara/Davis.

9 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Fuck me 

laughing-come-see-this.gif

3 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

That doesn't necessarily mean BF was better than Reyna. Ferguson didn't have the capability to play anywhere other than he did.

GVB was streets ahead of BF 🤣 go and check their careers on wiki.

Barry Ferguson was class before he went to Blackburn and drove forward and played forward passes. When he came back he was risk averse. He received the ball from a defender, did a 360 turn and passed it sideways or back. Typical Scottish midfielder, the type that seems to be all we are capable of producing, e.g Lambert, Mcstay, Glmour,  Fletcher etc...

What was he good at other than keeping possession? He rarely beat men, he had about a much power behind his shots as Kamara/Davis.

I couldn't give a fuck less what Gio done elsewhere. When assessing how they done for us, what they done at Ibrox is what's relevant. Rino Gattuso had a better career than Gascoigne. Was Rino better for us than Gazza? 

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I couldn't give a fuck less what Gio done elsewhere. When assessing how they done for us, what they done at Ibrox is what's relevant. Rino Gattuso had a better career than Gascoigne. Was Rino better for us than Gazza? 

There's a Reason one left Rangers for Arsenal and one left Rangers for Blackburn Rovers.

Barry Ferguson played probably 4x as many games as GVB so he won more at Rangers. GvB's performances and the ability he showed at Rangers were far better than anything Ferguson ever did.

No idea why there is such an utter desperation amongst so many Rangers fans to vastly over hype and over look the limitations of certain players, based on their nationality being Scottish and them being Rangers fans. It's the same mentality that had everyone howling in anger at the mere suggestion that Nathan Patterson ain't all that...

4 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

There's a Reason one left Rangers for Arsenal and one left Rangers for Blackburn Rovers.

Barry Ferguson played probably 4x as many games as GVB so he won more at Rangers. GvB's performances and the ability he showed at Rangers were far better than anything Ferguson ever did.

No idea why there is such an utter desperation amongst so many Rangers fans to vastly over hype and over look the limitations of certain players, based on their nationality being Scottish and them being Rangers fans. It's the same mentality that had everyone howling in anger at the mere suggestion that Nathan Patterson ain't all that...

So we can write Davis off too after he left Rangers to join the might of Southampton?

McGregor's pretty shite since he went to Hull while a pissed up Andy Goram went to Man United?

20 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Gio was at Rangers from 98-01

98/99 Ferguson won Young Player of the Year, Gio didn't win any individual awards

99/00 Ferguson won FWA Player of the Year. Gio didn't win any individual awards

00/01 Neither won any individual awards.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Gio was at Rangers from 98-01

98/99 Ferguson won Young Player of the Year, Gio didn't win any individual awards

99/00 Ferguson won FWA Player of the Year. Gio didn't win any individual awards

00/01 Neither won any individual awards.

Football writers award 🤣🤣🤣 no wonder, he was probably feeding them half their stories even back then.

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So we can write Davis off too after he left Rangers to join the might of Southampton?

McGregor's pretty shite since he went to Hull while a pissed up Andy Goram went to Man United?

Barry Ferguson hoored himself out for a year trying to drum up interest in selling him, when push came to shove it was Blackburn that came in for him... and he couldn't even cut the mustard for them, coming back for half price a few years later.

14 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Barry Ferguson 02/03 was the best individual season I’ve ever seen a Rangers player have. He was outrageous and the stats back it up. 

He shattered his kneecap FFS at Blackburn, that would have ended most people’s careers. 

Pretty sure GVB got a bad yin at Arsenal, but his next move was to Barca, not return to his comfort zone.

Just now, DiamondDan said:

Barry Ferguson hoored himself out for a year trying to drum up interest in selling him, when push came to shove it was Blackburn that came in for him... and he couldn't even cut the mustard for them, coming back for half price a few years later.

How'd you think Gio ended up at Arsenal...

5 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

BF was the best of his generation and became an excellent Rangers player. However the Le Guen and Scotland nonsense showed serious character defects.

Nowadays he will put his name to anything a tabloid hack writes for money.

Not a true Bear imo.

So Barry Ferguson is not a true Bear but GersInCanada is 

Telling Le Guen and Scotland to fuck off are both positives in my book. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A Barca team that were knocked out the UEFA Cup that season by...Celtic.

He won 2 La Ligas in 3 season and the champions league 🤣

And an English Premiership medal at Arsenal and I'm sure an FA Cup, he operated at the top level. Whilst oor Barry did a Scott Brown and spent his career in easy Street acting like the school bully.

5 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

By letting his footballing ability do his talking. Not being a rat and pumping stories in the media every week about his desire to play in the Premier league.

Barry Ferguson flushed your heid down the bog at school after taking a shite in it and stole your lunch money you weed.