Who do you consider to have been a successful signing?

DiamondDan

What signings have been successful?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Who on this list of signings (all made since Ross Wilson came on board) do you consider to have been a success?

• Cedric Itten
    • Jon McLaughlin
    • Calvin Bassey
    • Amad Diallo
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Leon Balagoun
    • Kemar Roofe
    • Scott Wright
    • Jack Simpson
    • Fashion Sakala
    • Oboforh
    • John Lundstram
    • Tony Weston
    • Junior Bacuna
    • Zukowski
    • Aaron Ramsay
    • James Sands
    • None

8 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Why do you wake up every day and decide to talk hunners of stinking pish?

Do love waking up to see you raging as per 🤣

The figures were quoted from various places, Hagi's were actually higher than that but no point in arguing with a guy who buries his head in the sand at any opportunity 

2 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Do love waking up to see you raging as per 🤣

The figures were quoted from various places, Hagi's were actually higher than that but no point in arguing with a guy who buries his head in the sand at any opportunity 

Nobody is raging. Just laughing at you talking pish constantly. £10m for Roofe 🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

"his whole deal with quoted to be upwards of 10 million"

Yep, as was quoted in various outlets & Rangers pages.

The fact he's on at least 20k per week, 4 year deal and with apparent very achievable addons, that's completely realistic.

Pointless argument though. The initial point was him and Hagi don't give us anywhere near enough for what we paid for them, that stands true.

What was the timeline with Oboforh.... 

Did we sign him pre-contract, then do a medical later and find out he was fucked?

Or did we do the medical at the time as usual (which he passed),  and the heart thing developed afterward? It only felt like a couple of months after signing him the announcement was made.  seems weird it would have been missed at the time? :hmmm:

It's terrible that I'm at the point where I could totally believe we signed someone without a full medical. 

On 05/04/2022 at 19:13, McEwan's Lager said:

I think nowadays we can't just judge on the park, also have to judge whether or not they increase their value and sale potential in order for us as a club to be successful.

Depends what they're brought in for, id consider Defoe a successful signing and we knew at the time he'd have little to no sell on value

• 5 weeks later...
On 07/04/2022 at 18:04, Craiggybear said:

What was the timeline with Oboforh.... 

Did we sign him pre-contract, then do a medical later and find out he was fucked?

Or did we do the medical at the time as usual (which he passed),  and the heart thing developed afterward? It only felt like a couple of months after signing him the announcement was made.  seems weird it would have been missed at the time? :hmmm:

It's terrible that I'm at the point where I could totally believe we signed someone without a full medical. 

He was announced as a pre-contract signing and then the ECG picked up a heart issue when he joined us in the summer. I would have thought there would have been a medical done at the time of pre-contract but football medicals aren't as in depth as many think, the heart issue wasn't flagged at the time.

Would like to know where we stand with him, whether there is any likelihood he'll ever kick a ball for us.