Who do you consider to have been a successful signing?

DiamondDan

What signings have been successful?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Who on this list of signings (all made since Ross Wilson came on board) do you consider to have been a success?

• Cedric Itten
    • Jon McLaughlin
    • Calvin Bassey
    • Amad Diallo
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Leon Balagoun
    • Kemar Roofe
    • Scott Wright
    • Jack Simpson
    • Fashion Sakala
    • Oboforh
    • John Lundstram
    • Tony Weston
    • Junior Bacuna
    • Zukowski
    • Aaron Ramsay
    • James Sands
    • None

I have listed all the players signed under Ross Wilson's reign. Who do you think has been a success?

I voted Bassey, I don't think anyone else on that list has improved the team. Harsh on Lundstram but he's no better than the rest of the centre midfielders we already have.

Balagoun has done a turn when he's played, but nowhere near of the required standard, consistency or fitness of Goldson.

The rest range from ineffectual,  unreliable to utter wastes of a wage.

When you look at that list, then the case to dismiss Wilson is utterly compelling. Horrendous.

1 minute ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Sands will come good , he was good in the MLS which is now a higher standard than the bulk of the SPFL , needs a run of games starting 

I don't see it tbh.

Looks like a bog standard mid table SPFL midfielder. Nothing stands out with him for me.

Hopefully wrong but with the standard of player we have brought in the past 18 months I doubt I am.

Just now, The Godfather said:

I don't see it tbh.

Looks like a big standard mid table SPFL midfielder. Nothing stands out with him for me.

Hopefully wrong but with the standard of player we have brought in the past 18 months I doubt I am.

I’ll be honest mate I don’t think he suits our system but a new manager could get him up to be a top player. To be fair I watch the MLS a good bit and he was highly rated and came from a team that won their league and cup that year 

Voted for McLaughlin, Hagi, Roofe, Bassey, Balogun & Lundstram. All but Bassey & Lundstram have contributed to a title winning team and I think Bassey in terms of value has been a pretty good signing.

Didnt vote for Sakala but I do think there is something there but looking at it honestly I can't see where he fits, especially in the strategy we signed him to play in.

I think Zukowski and Sands can't be deemed a failure but neither a success. Both will be on buttons as well.

7 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

I’ll be honest mate I don’t think he suits our system but a new manager could get him up to be a top player. To be fair I watch the MLS a good bit and he was highly rated and came from a team that won their league and cup that year 

Given it’s success (1 trophy out of 16 competed for, and I know that could possibly rise by one or two) maybe it’s time to look at our system?

As half the team will be gone over the summer, no time like the present!

49 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think nowadays we can't just judge on the park, also have to judge whether or not they increase their value and sale potential in order for us as a club to be successful. With that in mind...

McLaughlin has been a good signing. Proved more than an able back up.

I think we will make some money off Bassey, despite him not being that great. Would say then he has been a decent signing.

While Hagi has had some poor moments he's also been really brilliant at times and we should get a return. Balogun and Roofe are in the same category except we won't make any money out of them. All three and McLaughlin played a big part in bringing home 55 so that counts a lot for being good signings.

Simpson is horrific, easily one of the worst players I've seen for us in the top flight. Will end up playing in League 2. Every man and his dog knew he would be utter shite. We will end up paying him off.

Lundstram is really coming on to a game but for the money we are paying him I'd expect him to be the best player on the pitch every game. I'm not sure we will get that out of him and I can see him being here for the length of his contract and leave on a free.

Wright is poor. No sale value.

Bacuna was a poor signing but we got him for nothing and shifted him out the door quickly. Hopefully we aren't paying a contribution to his wage.

Sakala I can't see him ever being more than a bit part player and he'll end up back at the level of club he was playing at before us.

Who knows with Ofoborh. Looks a horrific waste of wages.

If Ramsey scores the winner in the Europa League final then the signing will be a success and we will be an instant hero. If we end up winning nothing this year it's an expensive shambles of a signing.

Sands looks ok. We still have another year to evaluate.

Zukowski is apparently terrible and not even good enough for the B team. 

First ive seen or heard that. 

Need to look at it based on how much we spent, it's the reason why Kent is criticised so much

From that list, Hagi & Roofe stand out, best part of 10 million there, we need players like that to step up & dominate up here & they simply don't do it anywhere near enough.

Hagi especially, for how much he seems to be a fan favourite, his numbers are horrific.

2 hours ago, HG5 said:

Given it’s success (1 trophy out of 16 competed for, and I know that could possibly rise by one or two) maybe it’s time to look at our system?

As half the team will be gone over the summer, no time like the present!

How fucking grim is that