The split

bluenoz

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

I generally thought it would have been the final game given both teams form going into the split

final game of the season? No chance. That would be (potentially) trophy day with fans in the ground. Polis are never letting that one happen. 

57 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Bang on with that cretin. You see how bitter and rabid he is, there's no way that some of that wouldn't have come out with regards to his decision-making in the role.

Not saying there's a grand conspiracy, but his allegiances will have influenced decisions.

See a pair of scabby fenian ex refs? :hmmm:... in desmond cockroach and steven fuckin conroy have said lundstrum should have walked and madman had a howler in sundays opposition match.
not one mention that a couple of them could have walked.
It's not a conspiracy,just plain and blatant bigotry against anything in a blue top.
the quicker they realise the famine isn't a thing anymore the better.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Well how does that pan out when we had arguably one of the easiest first round fixtures that ive ever seen, in the first 11 games we had hearts, hibs, sheep, tarriers and livi all at home, 5 grounds we would generally struggle at

Given we were champions etc, that first 11 game fixture list should have seen us break the 30pts mark, we couldnt have asked for easier fixtures unless every single game was at home

If they can hand pick the new year match against them then they can hand pick and choose any match.

Just now, The Dude said:

Given, as you say, the Police/authorities have a preference to avoid the final OF being a title decider, when would you have scheduled the final Old Firm game, this weekend before we travel to Leipzig?

100%

Play on Saturday and we have 5 days before the semi as we have now with the added bonus of having 6 days to prepare for the OF as opposed to 2

That would also have allowed our fixtures to go A H A H A and given us a home game between the 2 semis

It wasn't difficult to work out how to avoid the holiday weekend decider scenario, spread the fixtures evenly H-A and give your league's first European semi-finalists in 14 years the best chance of making the final to the benefit of all - some might say it was a CINCH

cinch

noun

INFORMAL

an extremely easy task.

Here's one for folk who think the fixtures are 'random'.

Statistically, what do you think the odds are of 'random' fixtures guaranteeing Rangers/Celtic, Hearts/Hibs and Dundee/Dundee Utd (almost) never play at home on the same weekend? I'd get down the bookies now with a tenner and see what odds you'd get of two teams in the league randomly being having opposing home/away fixtures every week of the season.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Here's one for folk who think the fixtures are 'random'.

Statistically, what do you think the odds are of 'random' fixtures guaranteeing Rangers/Celtic, Hearts/Hibs and Dundee/Dundee Utd (almost) never play at home on the same weekend? I'd get down the bookies now with a tenner and see what odds you'd get of two teams in the league randomly being having opposing home/away fixtures every week of the season.

Easy enough to make an algorithm to ensure that certain fixtures fall on certain dates and them let the fixture generator do its thing. I'm sure all leagues do it

2 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

100%

Play on Saturday and we have 5 days before the semi as we have now with the added bonus of having 6 days to prepare for the OF as opposed to 2

That would also have allowed our fixtures to go A H A H A and given us a home game between the 2 semis

It wasn't difficult to work out how to avoid the holiday weekend decider scenario, spread the fixtures evenly H-A and give your league's first European semi-finalists in 14 years the best chance of making the final to the benefit of all - some might say it was a CINCH

cinch

noun

INFORMAL

an extremely easy task.

So does this mean that RB Leipzig playing on the Monday night between the two semis means the Bundesliga hate them even more than the SPFL hate us?

Just now, MisterC said:

Easy enough to make an algorithm to ensure that certain fixtures fall on certain dates and them let the fixture generator do its thing. I'm sure all leagues do it

You'd be amazed just how many 'exceptions' there are to apply. I remember reading a thing in FFT years ago about how the PL fixtures were created and it's ridiculous. There's the local ones fixtures being split (IE City/United, Everton/Liverpool, London clubs close to each other),

there's specific date ones (minimal travel around Xmas/NY, bank holiday fixtures)

then there's TV requests for stuff like the gid super sundays where you would have two or three massive games on the same day,

then there would be various club requests (United playing at home near Munich anniversary)

then there would be policing request if there were other big events on outwith football

and there were a few more after that like avoiding clashes with big games in the EFL nearby,

european games so teams get close to an equal home/away split after euro games.

It's genuinely fucking mad how many things that are taken into consideration

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

You'd be amazed just how many 'exceptions' there are to apply. I remember reading a thing in FFT years ago about how the PL fixtures were created and it's ridiculous. There's the local ones fixtures being split (IE City/United, Everton/Liverpool, London clubs close to each other),

there's specific date ones (minimal travel around Xmas/NY, bank holiday fixtures)

then there's TV requests for stuff like the gid super sundays where you would have two or three massive games on the same day,

then there would be various club requests (United playing at home near Munich anniversary)

then there would be policing request if there were other big events on outwith football

and there were a few more after that like avoiding clashes with big games in the EFL nearby,

european games so teams get close to an equal home/away split after euro games.

It's genuinely fucking mad how many things that are taken into consideration

A very delicate balancing act and on the whole it works well. I used to help run a Sunday league so I know it's not an easy business to arrange fixtures at that level, let alone at elite level with all those caveats.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So does this mean that RB Leipzig playing on the Monday night between the two semis means the Bundesliga hate them even more than the SPFL hate us?

WTF are you gibbering about?

As I understand it Leipzig had the opportunity to move that fixture and opted not to. The choice was to play 4 days after the first leg and 3 before the second or 3 days after the first leg and 4 before the second

In any case, as you well know, there is no split in Germany and the fixtures (ie WHO they would play and when) would have been generated before the start of the season, not a couple of weeks before

Comparing apples and pears to try to make a point is pointless

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

A very delicate balancing act and on the whole it works well. I used to help run a Sunday league so I know it's not an easy business to arrange fixtures at that level, let alone at elite level with all those caveats.

I'm sure I read somewhere that, until surprisingly recently, the EFL fixtures were more-or-less done by one guy, and all by hand.

Just now, the cry was no said:

WTF are you gibbering about?

As I understand it Leipzig had the opportunity to move that fixture and opted not to. The choice was to play 4 days after the first leg and 3 before the second or 3 days after the first leg and 4 before the second

In any case, as you well know, there is no split in Germany and the fixtures (ie WHO they would play and when) would have been generated before the start of the season, not a couple of weeks before

Comparing apples and pears to try to make a point is pointless

We were always going to be playing someone that weekend, whether it was them, hearts, Ross county, motherwell or dundee united. There's no room to fuck about in any of these league games, EL semi or not. Playing at one end of Glasgow or another is hardly going to be a difference.

Out of all the conspiracy theories I've read on here this is the most pathetic, why would being champions from the previous season mean you should be at home on the last day of the following season? :lol: :lol: :lol: 

And fixtures are reversed from the previous season, so again no conspiracy

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We were always going to be playing someone that weekend, whether it was them, hearts, Ross county, motherwell or dundee united. There's no room to fuck about in any of these league games, EL semi or not. Playing at one end of Glasgow or another is hardly going to be a difference.

So if Gio was offered 6 days to prepare for the hardest fixture and DU/RC at home in between the semis you think he'd say no thanks I'd rather have a couple of days to prepare for the piggery in between the semis - best make things as difficult as we can?

No difference? Pish

I love it when someone asks a question

Then someone gives a very good and detailed answer to that question

Then it just gets completely ignored because conspiracies are more fun than facts

Whole thing is rigged against us imo, apart from last year where it was all rigged to hand us the title

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

Hardly an "immoral" decision ffs. Farry argued (and was partially vindicated in his claim) that celtic's request to register didn't fulfil the criteria required by the SFA. celtic argued he should have been registered as early as February. A court upheld he should have been registered "no later than" March 23. One week earlier than he was actually registered.

The fact you've had to go back more than quarter of a century to find one insignificant example to try back up it up, kinda blows the conspiracy idea out the water.

Of course it is. He was found to have withheld it by a week. That’s immoral and he did it to harm celtic / benefit Rangers. 

There’s others (a couple posted in the thread), but that’s the thing with one person abusing their power, don’t often find that much evidence or a paper trail. 

And you keep saying ‘conspiracy’, despite me saying it’s not a conspiracy and that it’s just individuals doing things they shouldn’t. Stop deflecting. 

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

It isn't random. It's never been random. I don't know why people think it's random but it isn't random.

Weird how nobody ever questions the random fixture list when we almost always play celtic at new year. Maybe not as easy to peddle tinfoil hat  bullshit that way.

OR 2nd match post split.....