*****Rangers B / u18s / Youth Thread*****

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Very lucky to get away with a draw today at Tranent.

Obvs missing Lowry, McCann etc but bar Lovelace and Bailey Rice there’s not another player in that team who has a chance imo.

To me it seems like we’ve had probably the best youth teams in Scotland over the last 3/4/5 years, but it seems like that talent pool is drying up with a few other teams ahead of us.

Robbie Ure probably needs to be playing at a higher level than Lowland league but I’m unconvinced he will ever make it with the 1st team, a Championship player at best.

The B Team defence is diabolical even at this level and a big step down from Leon King & Kyle McClelland.

I had hopes for Charlie Lindsay when he first arrived but he seems to have seriously regressed or at least stagnated and now has no chance of making it with us.

They are slightly younger but the two English players we signed in the summer Paul Nsio & especially Archie Stevens who got a chance in the cup a few months back; look to have potential to be first team players but it’s disappointing we haven’t been able to maintain a production our own players at their level (or at the level of Lovelace & Bailey Rice).

40 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

To me it seems like we’ve had probably the best youth teams in Scotland over the last 3/4/5 years, but it seems like that talent pool is drying up with a few other teams ahead of us.

Robbie Ure probably needs to be playing at a higher level than Lowland league but I’m unconvinced he will ever make it with the 1st team, a Championship player at best.

The B Team defence is diabolical even at this level and a big step down from Leon King & Kyle McClelland.

I had hopes for Charlie Lindsay when he first arrived but he seems to have seriously regressed or at least stagnated and now has no chance of making it with us.

They are slightly younger but the two English players we signed in the summer Paul Nsio & especially Archie Stevens who got a chance in the cup a few months back; look to have potential to be first team players but it’s disappointing we haven’t been able to maintain a production our own players at their level (or at the level of Lovelace & Bailey Rice).

Under 13,14 and 15 finals in Scotland today and Aberdeen v Hearts in finals.

Charlie Lindsay has no chance of making it t Rangers.

• 2 weeks later...