*****Rangers B / u18s / Youth Thread*****

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Lowry shouldn’t be playing B team football.

It’ll be difficult to break into 1st team squad with players returning so try and get him a loan at a decent level.

I’d rather he got a chance instead of imposters like Scott Wright & James Sands if I’m honest.

He didn’t play brilliantly in the game the other week but Beale was playing him in some bizzare defensive midfielder role rather than letting his attacking talents shine and has dropped him ever since.

Yet the two I’ve already mentioned plus a few others have bad game after bad game yet aren’t banished for it.

7 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I’d rather he got a chance instead of imposters like Scott Wright & James Sands if I’m honest.

He didn’t play brilliantly in the game the other week but Beale was playing him in some bizzare defensive midfielder role rather than letting his attacking talents shine and has dropped him ever since.

Yet the two I’ve already mentioned plus a few others have bad game after bad game yet aren’t banished for it.

I agree but doubt it will happen just now.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Lowry shouldn’t be playing B team football.

It’ll be difficult to break into 1st team squad with players returning so try and get him a loan at a decent level.

He’s only signed up until summer 2024, I’m sure.  A loan move could be counterproductive for us if he shows up well and gets other clubs interested (particularly if he sees limited opportunity to break into our first team).  
We need to get him tied up for longer if we’re going to go down the loan option.