Kent

Colin Traive

Unfortunately he just looks finished with us - Devoid of ideas and confidence.

Now offers so little it’s like plying with 10men, he is so laboured when it comes to backtracking that is it any wonder Barisic is getting exposed as he’s trying to contain 2 players whilst Kent trots back.

Needs dropped immediately.

Not sure if we play Matondo left or try Yilmaz slightly further forward or just completely change formation either way no chance Kent signs a new deal and no way on his current form is he getting the move he’s hanging out for….

Was going to say he will end up at a championship club but Tom Lawrence has played at that level most of his career and showed more in the short time he has been here than Kent has this season. Cannot excuse his lack of application when it comes to tracking back but that's up to the manager to sort out.

However our wingers always seem to struggle for confidence/form I wonder if that is in part due to the pedestrian speed that we play at for large parts of the game. When I think back to some of the chances he has had or created in Europe its normally when we are really going for it.

I think we need to see Matondo in his preferred LW position and Sakala on the right for a prolonged period of time. Even if they both have their flaws. 

Kent is just a non event and has been for 2 years now barring a few games in the Europa League. 

The alternative is stick to the status quo that doesn’t work, or give Yilmaz a run of games at LB and see if that helps Kent. Currently the LB/LW partnership doesn’t work and with Tav crocked, we’ve got nothing to offer down either flank. 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Would love to have seen us try 3 at the back and 2 wing backs, 

But having 3 fit center halves is a rarity 

Don't need 3 centre backs to play without wingers. Up until this time last year we were playing without them with 4 at the back.

2 10s behind a striker or a 10 behind 2 strikers is more than achievable with the players available. Just fact we will never see this as the manager is very rigid with his front line.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't need 3 centre backs to play without wingers. Up until this time last year we were playing without them with 4 at the back.

2 10s behind a striker or a 10 behind 2 strikers is more than achievable with the players available. Just fact we will never see this as the manager is very rigid with his front line.

Id rather we got rid of our fullbacks, as defensively they are utterly terrible and god awful shitebags, goldson, davies and king say for example would fill me with way more confidence at the back, and i dont even rate goldson that highly, just think our fullbacks are fucking criminal