Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

15 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Came across this little snippet, I think Dyche could be the shot in the arm we desperately need

Hes best option, hes free and British. 

Id take him in a heartbeat.

Feel like a cheater talking when GVB is still our manager.

But i feel like the board are going for injury list at fault.... and unlucky for GVB.

9 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

But i feel like the board are going for injury list at fault.... and unlucky for GVB.

I'll go further. If during a period where we have a dead man walking, we DON'T sound out Dyche, given the circumstances he's in, then it's a COMPLETE dereliction of duty. 

1 minute ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Saw something about Hasenhutl form Southampton being linked. Joining back up with Ross Wilson. Cannot wait to see the response to this.

I don’t think he’s been linked. People ere just putting two and two together because he’s got previous with Ross Wilson.

Whoever it is, I hope they're able to bring an extremely good fitness coach with them, and put a proper conditioning regimen in place. Plenty of issues just now but getting the players fit enough to maintain their intensity again seems like the lowest hanging fruit. 

28 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

The thing with the injury list is with the team that we put out against st Johnstone do the board think the st Johnstone XI was stronger than ours on paper? If the answer is yes then they are beyond help but Gio is right to stay in the job, if the answer is no then Gio has more than enough to destroy teams like st Johnstone, injury crisis or no injury crisis. As far as I could tell we had one youth player and the rest were all first team squad members with many first choice players (Tav, Davies, Barasic, McGregor, Lundstrm, Tilman, Kent, Colak) so the injuries whilst not ideal is a fallacy.

5 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Whoever it is, I hope they're able to bring an extremely good fitness coach with them, and put a proper conditioning regimen in place. Plenty of issues just now but getting the players fit enough to maintain their intensity again seems like the lowest hanging fruit. 

Strength and conditioning has definitely gone to shit. You can tell by the lack of intensity on the pitch (either that or players can't be arsed). All the injuries as well is not a coincidence. Wouldn't surprise me if gio just thinks you need to do ball work to be a better footballer. Players need to be better athletes as well as working on ball work. We lack the athlete part of the equation currently.

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The thing with the injury list is with the team that we put out against st Johnstone do the board think the st Johnstone XI was stronger than ours on paper? If the answer is yes then they are beyond help but Gio is right to stay in the job, if the answer is no then Gio has more than enough to destroy teams like st Johnstone, injury crisis or no injury crisis. As far as I could tell we had one youth player and the rest were all first team squad members with many first choice players (Tav, Davies, Barasic, McGregor, Lundstrm, Tilman, Kent, Colak) so the injuries whilst not ideal is a fallacy.

Aye, the injury excuse might wash against Champions League opposition - we'd obviously need to be at full strength to seriously challenge Liverpool or Napoli - but any manager should be able to beat St Johnstone with players like Morelos, Kent, Kamara, Colak, and Lundstram at his disposal. 

18 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Fitness seriously needs looked at however the mental strength & psychological state of our first team has been an issue on & off for way too long.  

I welcomed this Ceri Bowley appointment at the time what with his qualifications & background but we look to have actually regressed since he arrived.  

7 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

So depressing that we can't even fantasise a decent manager.

If they managed at a diddy club = not interested.

If they managed at a diddy club in England = even less interested (Warburton PTSD)

Bit ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

He'd get the team organised and working hard and would have contacts and knowledge of the English market.  

He'd also be looking for a big transfer kitty as his managerial reputation would be on the line coming to Scottish Football. 

1 minute ago, Kylegib said:

He'd also be looking for a big transfer kitty as his managerial reputation would be on the line coming to Scottish Football. 

His last job he had probably the lowest transfer kitty in the league, he would be coming here to have the 2nd biggest.