Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

1 hour ago, Mor3los_1 said:

Doubt he'll be coming to Rangers anytime soon then

He does specifically say he isn't ruling out working elsewhere (than the Premier League), but that he thinks he deserves a window to see if anyone gives him the chance

However, you're probably right, as surely he gets picked up

I don’t think Dyche will get the opportunity he’s hoping for in the Premier League tbh. 

There’s a perception of him and his football from his time at Burnley which he hasn’t shaken yet and he’s not a glamorous, fancy name, either and that’s what clubs further up the table tend to want now.

There’s already been multiple Premier League jobs come up this season, and he apparently told Bournemouth he wasn’t interested in their job either, so i don’t see where this offer he is waiting on is coming from. I think the best chance he has at one is the Nottingham Forrest job, and even then the owner is so erratic so would you want to go there?

Maybe i’m biased because I support us but if our job was to come up I think it would be an amazing opportunity for him to show a different side to his management at a club with totally different demands, and if he did well somebody in England would come calling again eventually.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Dyche sounds a little bit like the Eddie Howe situation and look where Howe is now!

His teams couldn’t defend for toffee at Bournemouth but he’s turned Newcastle into one of the strongest teams in the league defensively. Just shows that good managers and coaches can and will always be learning and adapting.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t think Dyche will get the opportunity he’s hoping for in the Premier League tbh. 

There’s a perception of him and his football from his time at Burnley which he hasn’t shaken yet and he’s not a glamorous, fancy name, either and that’s what clubs further up the table tend to want now.

There’s already been multiple Premier League jobs come up this season, and he apparently told Bournemouth he wasn’t interested in their job either, so i don’t see where this offer he is waiting on is coming from. I think the best chance he has at one is the Nottingham Forrest job, and even then the owner is so erratic so would you want to go there?

Maybe i’m biased because I support us but if our job was to come up I think it would be an amazing opportunity for him to show a different side to his management at a club with totally different demands, and if he did well somebody in England would come calling again eventually.

This is what I was thinking if he can show he can survive at low end PL club, get promoted after relegation then come to a club like us and win titles, cups and do well in Europe he’ll earn the right to a big job down south as he’s proved all sorts of managerial success.

Depends if he sees it that way or not (and also on our board to get rid of Gio)

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

His teams couldn’t defend for toffee at Bournemouth but he’s turned Newcastle into one of the strongest teams in the league defensively. Just shows that good managers and coaches can and will always be learning and adapting.

Money talks mate.

44 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Money talks mate.

Also very true. They have spent relatively well - Pope, Botman, Trippier, Bruno - have all been fantastic for them, but apparently Newcastle have the highest net spend in a calendar year ever :lol:

What I would give for us to have a manager who could come in and improve players the way Howe has improved Almrion, Joelinton & Schar  

19 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Who do you think will replace Gio m8?

57 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Who do you think will replace Gio m8?

Absolutely no idea. I’ve said all along that I think we will initially be linked with the “bigger” British names like Dyche and Parker but they will be beyond us financially and I think the board will go for the hipster type appointment like Knutsen and then try to spin it as visionary and forward thinking to the support. I have zero faith in their ability to get it right when the time for change comes tbh.

33 minutes ago, Finny said:

Honestly these Sean dyche suggestions are mental. There's nothing in it except fan talk. No chance will this guy be our next manager. I think we are all losing the plot. 

When he is publicly advertising for a free ticket to the Jan 2nd game, I don't think you can dismiss him as a strong candidate.

1 hour ago, Finny said:

Honestly these Sean dyche suggestions are mental. There's nothing in it except fan talk. No chance will this guy be our next manager. I think we are all losing the plot. 

Unemployed manager who has been overlooked for every decent EPL job that has become available and turned down the shite one he was offered, whats unrealistic about it?

18 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

We fell into the same trap with van Bronckhorst.

An array of names gets whittled down to a very short list and then people coalesce around a single name and, before you know it, some cunts are tracking flights from Holland to Scotland.

We must keep our options wide open and realise that our new manager might well be someone totally out of the blue.

The last time that happened cunts were tracking a flight from Qatar and we appointed a fucking nobody from left field in Pedro.

Gio was mentioned before when we appointed Gerrard and it seemed like a good fit, played the same formation, former player so clearly got what it takes to play for and therefore manage this club.

I wouldn’t trust the board to be honest with any appointment, therefore I doubt Dyche is even on our radar.