Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

I really wonder if this is a move backed by the players more than anything else, if they've genuinely been unhappy with the training and preparation under Gio I wonder if they've asked the senior players what they're hoping for and they've said Beale. 

I've not been overly happy about the way he's been quite clearly parading himself while GvB was still in office and I think he's got an over inflated opinion of himself given he was only part of one successful competition in his time here, I do believe he was the brains behind Gerrard but I also think Gerrard's aura carried us just as far as Beale's tactics.

I'm really not sure about this one but at least he knows what he's walking into, who he'd be working with and what he'd be expected to get from the Board.

If he thinks the Board will back him like they did Gerrard though I think he'll be disappointed.

Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

Just read the piece with Les Ferdinand, absolute nothing comments. 

it’s the obvious guess, no danger we pay anything near a million for him and his team after paying off Gio. 

Really hope you're right

Why would Wilson go near Beale with his limited managerial experience and terrible recent record. He would automatically fire them cunts up after his words on BT podcast, if you were coming in you wouldn’t set yourself up for a fall like that.

Wilson must know he’s got to get this one right, you can go appoint an experience candidate in similar or better leagues than a novice.

When Gerrard left all the talk was they fell out with the board, don’t see how he’d be the choice albeit this board make very strange decisions.

18 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I think the opposite tbh. The club are silent so they’re taking a punt. If the club had leaked it the fan media guys, Chris Jack and others would have it.

Yep.

If they get it right, it’ll be “we told you first”.

If it’s not Beale, it’ll be lost and forgotten about in the splurge about the new guy.

15 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Did the sun not say that gio was staying a few days ago and pushed the he’s had load of injuries shite?

The Sun have been spouting shite for weeks. 

They started today saying Gerrard was favourite, then went on to Dyche, then Peter Bosz, now Beale as "frontrunner"

25 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I might be wildly wrong but I still think the Record/Sun are speculating based on the fact they managed to get Les Ferdinand to give them some quotes. 

A lot in both stories don’t make sense, not least the Scottish assistant manager stuff. 

Just ignore that PM with my bank details for now then mate.

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Why would Wilson go near Beale with his limited managerial experience and terrible recent record. He would automatically fire them cunts up after his words on BT podcast, if you were coming in you wouldn’t set yourself up for a fall like that.

Wilson must know he’s got to get this one right, you can go appoint an experience candidate in similar or better leagues than a novice.

When Gerrard left all the talk was they fell out with the board, don’t see how he’d be the choice albeit this board make very strange decisions.

Think you're giving Wilson far too much credit here

Wanted Beale before we got GVB, wanted him even more when he was linked with Wolves.

His drop in form since then is a worry, but still think he is a decent choice.

Not dead against it, but not as enthusiastic as I would be for Dyche.

On the plus side, everyone seems to think this will be a disaster. Last time everyone was sure that GVB was going to be great. Hopefully the board get this one right, and the majority on here can happily eat some humble pie.

What impresses me about Knutsen is the fact that he won titles in a competitive league, unlike our two horse derby in Scotland.

Bodo/Glimt are not seen historically as champion material with bigger clubs like Lillestrom, Molde and Rosenborg far more successful until Knutsen’s arrival.

Winning against three or four comparable (or bigger) rivals compares pretty well to only having one serious rival.

46 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Something not quite right with him though. I like him, think he speaks well & is a big fan of the club but the way he left Kelty was weird, and seemingly he’s interviewed for a couple of half decent jobs in Scotland but hasn’t got them.

He was interviewed for a few jobs and never got them apparently.

The kelty board asked him to comit and stop continuously applying for other Jobs and it came to a head and a huge fallout with the chairman which resulted in him leaving.

I listened to a few podcasts with Kevin Thompson and he sounds like he will be a great manager. Very strange he hasn't got another job though. 

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Think you're giving Wilson far too much credit here

Agreed but if Beale had any indication he was going in next he wouldn’t have said what he said on BT. Bear in mind Beale has moved his family from Glasgow to Bham to London in a year he’s got two kids in school. 

Refuse to believe we pay anyone the money to come here and have a January kitty considering we had little to fuck all to spend after CL qualification.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

What impresses me about Knutsen is the fact that he won titles in a competitive league, unlike our two horse derby in Scotland.

Bodo/Glimt are not seen historically as champion material with bigger clubs like Lillestrom, Molde and Rosenborg far more successful until Knutsen’s arrival.

Winning against three or four comparable (or bigger) rivals compares pretty well to only having one serious rival.

He did fuck all in his career with anyone else.

Get the feeling with him that he just got a golden generation of players and things kinda fluked to a success.

Might be wrong and the guy could be brilliant, but feel he got special attention for some freak results in Europe.

31 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I really wonder if this is a move backed by the players more than anything else, if they've genuinely been unhappy with the training and preparation under Gio I wonder if they've asked the senior players what they're hoping for and they've said Beale. 

I've not been overly happy about the way he's been quite clearly parading himself while GvB was still in office and I think he's got an over inflated opinion of himself given he was only part of one successful competition in his time here, I do believe he was the brains behind Gerrard but I also think Gerrard's aura carried us just as far as Beale's tactics.

I'm really not sure about this one but at least he knows what he's walking into, who he'd be working with and what he'd be expected to get from the Board.

If he thinks the Board will back him like they did Gerrard though I think he'll be disappointed.

Definitely strange only 2 players have mentioned geo leaving on their social media

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He did fuck all in his career with anyone else.

Get the feeling with him that he just got a golden generation of players and things kinda fluked to a success.

Might be wrong and the guy could be brilliant, but feel he got special attention for some freak results in Europe.

Think you’re being pretty harsh tbh.

First head coach job, he got his club promoted twice, 62% win rate at his next club, sticky spell at Asane but then went to Bodo as assistant. Given top job when head coach made Sporting Director.

Since then, a second place and two titles, first in that club’s history.

Think saying he just got lucky with a golden generation seems unfair imo.