Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

With the recent run of dreadful results maybe it’s QPR that want him gone.

Had a look on their forum and for the most part they wanted him to stay and expect him to knock back any advance.

The closer it has got to him leaving, they are predictably turning a bit more bitter.

Seems that they (much like us) have struggled in the downturn due to a severe lack in squad depth, and don't put the blame on Beale but instead give him the credit for massively over performing at the start.

Just now, The Dude said:

Maybe the manager was a complete dud who should never have been hired in the first place?

I’d maybe agree if he never won a cup, got to a European final, win Feyenoord cups and a league, and if the players never had previous.

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It's a Wilson signing.

So what, it was a scout that spotted him.

I doubt Wilson has taken over the role of all the scouts.

At the end of the day it was Wilson who took the scout report and paid the money and got him to sign a contract.

Wilson gets the credit for it.

Does not excuse the other poor transfer business, but does give him a massive win.

That’s a very generous take. There is a massive difference between a player who was scouted before he came to the club. Who was recommended to Gerrard by the scouting department before it was restructured by Wilson. And whom Gerrard and his team had tracked for a year. Yes he signed off on it. But 99% of the work in scouting, identifying, tracking the player was independent of him. 

Since then he has been responsible for the structure, approach and personnel put in place. And the success or failure of our transfers is then attributable to him.

If I was to replace Wilson tomorrow. And someone tabled a bid for one of our players (sad I can’t even think of one who would attract a bid at the moment). I’m not sure I would deserve any credit for that.

The guy is an absolute imposter. 

43 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Sandaza, Black, Sendoros, the list is endless. 

Obviously they are worse players. But they were free transfers in the third division of Scottish football. I’d argue Wilson’s window has been worse. To take us from where we were. And manage to make us that much worse. It’s incredible

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

No, I'm just not a prick who is desperately wanting the new Rangers managers tenure to start out with a negative undertone.

The fans should be getting behind whoever it is that we are appointing and not wanting some form of self flagellation from him at his unveiling.

He isn't manager yet. The fans got behind Pedro ffs so there's no danger he won't get the backing if the fans at first. Every manager does. 

Until he is manager we're allowed to express what we think of him and if that's overwhelmingly negative then maybe that's a hint this isn't the right appointment. 

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

tbf i was working for a GP practice until a couple of years ago, they were still using fax daily when I left, probably still are. shocking really

apparently some of the biggest companies in the world still uses them for certain things and for certain reasons i think security amongst them