Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

11 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

Gattuso managing Valencia Mid table just now nvm:whistle:

Great call!

Nothing will be more inspirational to the playing group than hiring someone who has won a single cup competition in ten years of management and has one of the biggest clubs in Spain 16 points off the league leaders after 11 matches.

Maybe you're right though, he's an ex-player and a tough fella so who cares if he can actually manage?

1 minute ago, YankeeGer said:

Great call!

Nothing will be more inspirational to the playing group than hiring someone who has won a single cup competition in ten years of management and has one of the biggest clubs in Spain 16 points off the league leaders after 11 matches.

Maybe you're right though, he's an ex-player and a tough fella so who cares if he can actually manage?

He’s no Fatih Terim that’s for sure.

2 hours ago, YankeeGer said:

Great call!

What could possibly go wrong if we appointed Gattuso? 

Honestly, hes came across as a wank of the highest order, but I'd be maybe enquiring about Jon Dahl Tommasson. 2 titles in Sweden, got blackburn 3rd in the Championship ATM. Admittedly they are a bit of a hit and miss team but considering they were a basket case a few seasons ago.

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Sean Dyche on The Athletic Football Podcast episode which has just dropped.

Might be an interesting listen to see if he goes into more details about his plans and criticism of his approach/tactics.

25:20 seconds in

https://podbay.fm/p/the-ornstein-and-chapman-podcast/e/1666846800

21 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

I fully expect him to go straight to a Premiership team once he leaves Bodo/Glimt but Kjetil Knutsen would be the ideal replacement, imo. 

I’m sure I’ve read multiple times on here that they’re having a shit season. They’re 2nd. Might be miles behind but it’s not a disgrace for a small team like that

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Listened to it earlier on. A really good listen and somebody who I think would do really well for us if he was appointed manager. I’ve basically done a full 180 on him since last weekend :lol:

23 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Listened to it earlier on. A really good listen and somebody who I think would do really well for us if he was appointed manager. I’ve basically done a full 180 on him since last weekend :lol:

Really hoping Leeds hit a run of form because I expect them to go for him

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Mixed styles, not doing a disservice to players by telling them not to do what they are good at and instead telling them to do what they aren’t so good at.

He talks well, seems very knowledgeable, charismatic and likeable (all the stories he tells to get his point across).

I really hope that the board get Gio packing and go for him, he could be a shot in the arm for this squad and get us firing again.