Has Gio lost the dressing room ?

MillwallLoyal

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

so what was the reasoning for it then? Thought it was fucking odd at the time but with the shitshows we have had I hadn't given it a second thought.

tbh if I was Gio I wouldn’t have wanted associated with that shitshow before I had even officially started the job.

He could have lost the dressing room before he even started if he went in and started going mental at them. 

Bullshit with the benefit of hindsight, nobody had a problem with it at the time so don't start pretending it was an issue because a year later it hasn't work d out.

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

so what was the reasoning for it then? Thought it was fucking odd at the time but with the shitshows we have had I hadn't given it a second thought.

He didn't want to be seen to be interfering and be respectful towards Davie McCallum.

Here's what Tav had to say on the day before the semi:

""The gaffer didn't really want to disrupt the team this close to the semi-final. I am seeing him Monday morning so I'll have a good chat with him then.

"All the dialogue between me and Gio has been through (sporting director) Ross Wilson. Gio wanted to be respectful and not in any way disrupt things. I know all the boys and myself are really looking forward to working with him. It's a new chapter for the club."

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He could have lost the dressing room before he even started if he went in and started going mental at them. 

Bullshit with the benefit of hindsight, nobody has a probl with it at the time so don't start pretending it was an issue because a year later it hasn't work d out.

There were plenty who called it out as spineless bullshit at the time.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He hasn’t met the players though had he? Pretty sure that was only the next day.

Because he chose to stay away from them and give McCallum space to manage the squad in the semi-final. He was at Auchenhowie each day before the semi-final - he was even photographed there by the club on the day he was announced.

4 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Alarm bells rang for me the day he sat in the stand watching the shitshow v Hibs.

We were told he wasn't allowed in the dressing room, or some other crap like that.

He would have stamped his authority all over the club, by defying this, and heading down there at half time.

He is just too timorous in nature to be a Rangers Manager. He doesn't have the character for the job.

I think he was within reason to leave them to it, but agree he isn't strong enough to be a Rangers manager.

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

Bullshit with the benefit of hindsight, nobody had a problem with it at the time so don't start pretending it was an issue because a year later it hasn't work d out.

People did have a problem with it at the time.

Not saying they were right, as personally don't think it would have made a difference, but it was brought up by quite a few people.

Edit: never mind, see this has already turned into a debate.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He'd officially started several days earlier.

I think its mad that he at least didnt sit down with the interim management and heard their approach to the game etc.. and when it was all going to shit at Hampden he should have spoke to them again and gave his advice.. anything else would be mental. Its the team you have taken over and they are about to lose out on a final!!!

I think we can safely assume the players would have preferred Beales coaching to this current regime. Remember worrying when I heard the 'tricks are for the circus' chat.

Kent has been shite but he's gone from being a confident big game player with license to roam and hurt teams to a pretty orthodox winger, and I dont think thats really his game. He doesnt look like he enjoys his football the way he used to.

Same with Kamara, even Davis last few games. Examples of players being asked to do a job that doesn't really suit them, after all Ross Wilsons bluster about continuity

2 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

I think we can safely assume the players would have preferred Beales coaching to this current regime. Remember worrying when I heard the 'tricks are for the circus' chat.

Kent has been shite but he's gone from being a confident big game player with license to roam and hurt teams to a pretty orthodox winger, and I dont think thats really his game. He doesnt look like he enjoys his football the way he used to.

Same with Kamara, even Davis last few games. Examples of players being asked to do a job that doesn't really suit them, after all Ross Wilsons bluster about continuity

7 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

He’s not really. He was bang average for a large part before GVB came in. He played plenty big games that he was shite in too.

Kent is an orthodox winger who was asked to play out of position by Gerrard.

We were 3-1 down and the players had thrown in the towel already, think it's actually insane people are arguing that he should have went in there and risked getting off on a bad note with the players. Funnily enough it's only a problem a year later, wasn't mentioned when we started off brilliantly under him for the first 3 months.