People leaving early

RangersMedia

11 hours ago, Bydo said:

I’m certain I’m not going to say anything that hadn’t been said in the thread already but fuck it.

I generally don’t leave early. Lots of times I’ve wanted to duck out, miss the injury time or generally just get home because it’s freezing or pissing it down. But I stay because I feel a sense of duty and I want to show the team my appreciation, as well as getting my moneys worth. However…

… if I choose to leave, for any reason, at any time, that’s by business- nobody else’s. If I do it once a season, is that acceptable? Twice? Ten times? What’s the ‘cut off’ before I surrender my season ticket to someone who thinks they’re ‘more deserving’. And who’s to say that ‘more deserving’ person won’t just decide to leave early too, once their feet is under the table?

I find it very hard to believe that, in a sample size as big as our supporter base, that everyone with a habit of leaving early will be replaced by devout, 90+ minute, uber staunch super fans.

TL:DR; I with these folk would stop fucking moaning and take responsibility for themselves, support the team in the best way they can, and show all those Johnny leave earlies how it’s done. That’ll boost the atmosphere better than any other daft scheme they may think of.

No matter what the club or the uber staunch say there isn't a line of people desperate for tickets who are being kept out.

On 04/02/2023 at 22:07, psb07158 said:

…makes the whole place look absolutely shite on tv and even worse in person, I might be misremembering this but it didn’t feel like this was the norm 20 years ago

Haven't had a season ticket for 20 odd years, was always like that. 

When you're on a Supporters Bus there's no point in leaving early. The bus doesn't move for ages anyway till all the stragglers get there.

Left early once at home v an Austrian team I think they were called Strasser !!. Anyway Novo scored in injury time and my boy has never forgiven me. He's 26 now !!!

Apart from the Broomloan there is tickets available for every single section in every stand on Sunday. These real fans desperate to take early leavers tickets I keep reading about from @AberfeldyBlue and on FF must all be busy that day.

7 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Apart from the Broomloan there is tickets available for every single section in every stand on Sunday. These real fans desperate to take early leavers tickets I keep reading about from @AberfeldyBlue and on FF must all be busy that day.

It’s the lords day and as a largely Presbyterian support there shouldn’t really be anyone in the ground 

2 hours ago, Jack C said:

No excuse for leaving early.

They bang on about being the best fans but fk off early.

No excuse? Really? I can think of dozens. It’s a football game, and whether anyone admits it or not there’s more to life and sometimes things take priority.

The reality is the roads around Ibrox can be pretty shite. If it’s a close game then I’ll always try and stay when the team needs it most. Or if I have no commitments that day and the missus is away.

If the team’s winning comfortably then I’ll leave 5 minutes early. Can save 30+ minutes getting out on top of the drive home and if you have young kids or other responsibilities it’s a lot. 

3 hours ago, Jack C said:

No excuse for leaving early.

They bang on about being the best fans but fk off early.

There are loads of excuses,  my own is actually my favourite and I use it all the time, it's simply I want to get out before I'm stuck at the top of the stairs and I'm in a hurry to get to the shop for a cargo for the bus home , fucking cracking excuse imo.