Angus Gunn

ShaneRalfRoss

On 12/02/2023 at 08:34, Creampuff said:

Because if we don’t meet it we have a smaller squad for European games, largely.

You’d rather have a higher quality but leaner squad padded out with youth players, than a more bloated one full of average Scottish players? 

24 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You’d rather have a higher quality but leaner squad padded out with youth players, than a more bloated one full of average Scottish players? 

Well I don’t accept those are two options from which I have to choose. I’d rather have a high quality squad which meets the SFA/UEFA requirements.

9 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Well I don’t accept those are two options from which I have to choose. I’d rather have a high quality squad which meets the SFA/UEFA requirements.

Based on what I’ve seen of other teams in our league, they just don’t exist at the moment. Maybe if you start looking at EPL and Seria A, but then do we have the budget for that.

32 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

But Scottish players are generally pish so it’s not really feasible, the good Scottish players move down south for more money than we can offer. 

On 13/02/2023 at 19:23, Negri's lovechild said:

That's really interesting to note the value there, as i would say that our league should be broadly comparable to the Danish league (obviously us and them are a better standard than the rest of our league), but do they regularly attract those kinds of fees for their better players?

If that's the case, we are under valuing our players. 

Not really. Biggest transfer from the Superliga is around 17.75 million pounds. Then you have the boy going to Leicester 2nd. Id say the top ten range from 17.75 million to around 10 million. The problem they have in Denmark is that Germany/Belgium/Holland etc are right on their doorstep and they pinch all the talents at a young age.