Angus Gunn

ShaneRalfRoss

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Is the rebuild that big if Kent and Morelos re-sign?

For a start we’re looking at £5 million outlay for Tillman.

Beale has already stated that he’s looking for a number 9, a centre half and a right sided attacker.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Beale has already stated that he’s looking for a number 9, a centre half and a right sided attacker.

Potentially looking at a transitional season as well tbh, especially having a few players out of contract who really should be let go, and what i would imagine to be a sizeable amount of the transfer budget on Tillman. 

An experienced EFL keeper on a free would probably make sense.

24 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Potentially looking at a transitional season as well tbh, especially having a few players out of contract who really should be let go, and what i would imagine to be a sizeable amount of the transfer budget on Tillman. 

We can’t afford a transitional season. We’ve already handed the paedos another two titles since 55. They’re too close to overtaking our record to accept a transitional season. Since that fat cunt came they’ve shown if you get your recruitment right you can have immediate success. We have to get it right this summer. 

51 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m not convinced we will sign Tillman tbh, thought the Cantwell signing was a bit of a back up option if we fail to get Tillman. 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

There’s absolutely no such thing as a transitional season when you’re Rangers 

37 minutes ago, SPWF said:

We can’t afford a transitional season. We’ve already handed the paedos another two titles since 55. They’re too close to overtaking our record to accept a transitional season. Since that fat cunt came they’ve shown if you get your recruitment right you can have immediate success. We have to get it right this summer. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

There’s absolutely no such thing as a transitional season when you’re Rangers 

I'm not saying thats what we should be doing, but judging by some responses, people are in for a shock. 

It's very rare that the number of players we need to hit the ground running in the summer will do so. That's why i said potentially, not that i agree or want there to be a season like that. 

Also be prepared for at least one of the older guys to sign on again. 

People thinking real life is like football manager. 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Can't have a transitional season, if anything you'd say this is the season for any changes.

We can't be on backfoot again for years.

Don’t think this would require too much of a transition period and would allow us to compete. That’s not including Cantwell because I’m not sure where he’ll fit  

New Keeper

Tav Goldson Davies Borna/Yilmaz

Raskin Lundstram/Kamara

Sakala Tillman Lawrence

New CF

24 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm not saying thats what we should be doing, but judging by some responses, people are in for a shock. 

It's very rare that the number of players we need to hit the ground running in the summer will do so. That's why i said potentially, not that i agree or want there to be a season like that. 

Also be prepared for at least one of the older guys to sign on again. 

People thinking real life is like football manager. 

I think this is a bit of a weird thing being repeated recently at Rangers to justify dreadful recruitment.

The whole ‘needs 6-12 months to settle in’ is totally overstated. 

4 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

They've got Ralston, McGregor, Welsh and Forrest as club trained, and Bain, Taylor, Turnbull as association trained. The likes of Welsh and Bain are really only there for that reason. 

We could potentially lose Arfield, McGregor and Jack come the summer.

Does Arfield count??? Played for Canada

33 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think this is a bit of a weird thing being repeated recently at Rangers to justify dreadful recruitment.

The whole ‘needs 6-12 months to settle in’ is totally overstated. 

There is a settling in period generally though. I'm not saying 6-12 months and never have. We just arent looking at bedding a couple of players in.

Look at Chelsea and their spend. It looks to me like they have recruited fairly well in January but the players are taking time to integrate and settle into a new team / culture and way of playing. 

26 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Still need to deal with McGregor, Helander, Sands, Jack, Arfield, Davis, Tillman all expiring.

And Lundstram, Roofe, Borna, McLaughlin going into their last 12 months. 

Think it's good so many expiring / near end of contracts as squad is bloated with has beens / injury plagued players eating up finances.

Those expiring - Tillman should be priority to keep and possibly give Arfield and Jack another year on reduced terms.  The rest happy to see go

Those with 12 months to go - Lundstram to me is the only one with any value and would extend.  The rest happy to see their contracts run down and for them to show if they've still got a future by performing next season.

Pre-season if can keep (this version of) Kent and Tillman, then only a GK (maybe 2), right winger and striker needed.  Can strenthen further in January if need be.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Don’t think this would require too much of a transition period and would allow us to compete. That’s not including Cantwell because I’m not sure where he’ll fit  

New Keeper

Tav Goldson Davies Borna/Yilmaz

Raskin Lundstram/Kamara

Sakala Tillman Lawrence

New CF

Only my opinion, but if Sakala is the sort of player we are relying on to win titles then god help us.