2 Trophies in 7 seasons since returning

JimmyCR1

15 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

You’re a bit of a joke. All you do is moan about Tav. Tav was fine today. He’s far down the list of who to blame. The squad doesn’t have what it takes because we don’t have good enough players. Seems a really difficult concept for you to grasp. Blame Wilson and the fact that none of his signings can get in to this team. You can talk all you want about mentality. CCV, Hatate, McGregor, Kyogo, Jota. The spine of their team is just better. Not insurmountable if Wilson pulls his finger out or better gets fired

Genuine question, do you think tav is good enough to be part of the squad to challenege the tarriers? 

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Doesn't need serious money behind it. Needs proper management. Currently Park Jr, Robertson, Dickson, Blair and Wilson are miles from that. For all his grief Bisgrove is the only one in there who does a job that is around whats required for us.

I hope you're right, I just think it'll cost plenty to fix the squad we have at present

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Genuine question, do you think tav is good enough to be part of the squad to challenege the tarriers? 

I don’t think he should be our captain. Never thought he was a natural leader. Ability wise-yes he is good enough.

Wouldn’t have offered him a 4 year deal. Given his age, how much football he’s played and how attritional his position is and the ground we ask him to cover. (And number of games he plays). He’s slowed down this year.

I think he’s been one of if not our best player over the last 4-5 years.

If we had 50 million I would replace him. But we might have 15? And we need a gk, 2 cm,  RW, striker, LW if Kent goes. 

Tav is good enough to be in a title winning team. We have about 6 positions needing upgrading first. 

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

I don’t think he should be our captain. Never thought he was a natural leader. Ability wise-yes he is good enough.

Wouldn’t have offered him a 4 year deal. Given his age, how much football he’s played and how attritional his position is and the ground we ask him to cover. (And number of games he plays). He’s slowed down this year.

I think he’s been one of if not our best player over the last 4-5 years.

If we had 50 million I would replace him. But we might have 15? And we need a gk, 2 cm,  RW, striker, LW if Kent goes. 

Tav is good enough to be in a title winning team. We have about 6 positions needing upgrading first. 

This is where we'll have to agree to disagree then mate, ive never thought yav was good enough simply because he cannot bloody defend, 

Its alright having his attacking stats etc, but teams target our wide areas knowing its our weakspot

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I will say it one last time, before I crash. Drastic changes need to be made. Some don't think the captaincy is a big issue, but I do. Two trophies in recent years is not acceptable. Make the changes. 

Dont drive and txt mate 

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I will say it one last time, before I crash. Drastic changes need to be made. Some don't think the captaincy is a big issue, but I do. Two trophies in recent years is not acceptable. Make the changes. 

Agree we need a new captain. 

But honestly dont think anyone in this current squad is suitable. 

I think our next captain will need to be signed. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Agree we need a new captain. 

But honestly dont think anyone in this current squad is suitable. 

I think our next captain will need to be signed. 

If you think tav is losing the captaincy after just being admitted to the HoF then i have bad news my friend 

We'll need tav to leave before someone gets the band on a permanent basis

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

If you think tav is losing the captaincy after just being admitted to the HoF then i have bad news my friend 

We'll need tav to leave before someone gets the band on a permanent basis

I don't expect him to lose the captaincy any time soon. Your right he's probably captain until he goes. 

I just think we do need a new captain.  However in the current squad I don't see a replacement. Reckon whoever takes over when it happens is still to be signed. 

18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Stupid question

He's one of the most frustrating players in the squad.

He has the ability to be a game changer for us and generally does well when he's fit enough for a run in the team. 

Unfortunately that run in the team seems to be one or two games max and then out for another two months. He'll be on a decent wage as well, so we need to get rid. 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Trophies overall 117-1 14. Probably within 24 months they'll overtake us we can blame Murray for that. Unless we find away of getting more finance into the club we are always gonna be chasing them. 

No probably about it.

31 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Trophies overall 117-1 14. Probably within 24 months they'll overtake us we can blame Murray for that. Unless we find away of getting more finance into the club we are always gonna be chasing them. 

Likely 117 - 116 by the end of this season and unless we invest tens of millions in the playing squad or they implode next season they're odds on for a league and cup again. 

16 hours ago, JimmyCR1 said:

Compared to 15 for the other mob. It’s getting to the stage of total domination now. Today was the day we had to pull everything out the bag and stop that duck, we didn’t, we never even came close.

Scottish football is a sad state of affairs. 

Quack quack ya fanny 

11 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Likely 117 - 116 by the end of this season and unless we invest tens of millions in the playing squad or they implode next season they're odds on for a league and cup again. 

That’s nonsense it’s just investing right, heard this pish before about needing gazillions to catch the fenians it really doesn’t need that much 

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

That’s nonsense it’s just investing right, heard this pish before about needing gazillions to catch the fenians it really doesn’t need that much 

I disagree purely based on needing first team quality through the door in almost every area of the park in the summer.

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

IMO that argument only works if they don’t spend also, and their recruitment is miles better than ours- they can pay more and seem to be able to find better quality players. 

Do we need to spend millions? Not necessarily, if we find the right players. Do we need them to NOT spend millions on better players? Certainly.

12 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I've almost made my peace with it as it is inevitable. Staying ahead in leagues and stretching the gap again is what I hope we can still do.

15 hours ago, Bydo said:

It’s inevitable I’m afraid. They’re only 3 behind, and that could well be 1 at the end of this season.

They are just too far ahead for us to be able to completely turn the tide on them with a far more limited budget and the lack of prestige that automatic qualification for the CL brings. The best we can hope for in my mind is for us to “re-take” it at some point in the future.

Assuming we are 2nd this year, do we have to go through qualifiers for champs league?

12 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The problem we have is for every fiver we spend (to paraphrase Murray), they can spend fifty, and they use it bloody well. We have to start and build from the academy, bring through players who know what it means to play for the shirt so that, even though the scum are worth more on paper, we will have a team who play with desire to overcome the odds stacked against them