2 Trophies in 7 seasons since returning

JimmyCR1

35 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Too many of the same players let us down time and time again when the key games come up.  It’s clearly a mentality issue and it’s not helped with having a distinct lack of physicality or leaders in our team.

Is it mentality or quality, fitness and squad age? The cold facts are they have better players than we do now. This “serial loser” mentality thing is a cop out. We don’t have the quality. The squad building has been a disaster since Wilson arrived:

We have a 41 year old keeper. So right there you can’t play a high line against any team with pace.

Two full backs over 30. A midfield of guys like Jack and lundstrum who can’t play a high energetic game and are always carrying a knock. Or guys like Tillman who will come good in a few years.

Sakala who can’t hit an open goal. Colak a journeyman off the bench along with Scott wright.

They have guys like Hatate, CCV, Jota. They’re just better players. All signed in the period Wilson has been here. 

The shite facts are Wilson has signed over 30 players and the team still looks like it did under Gerrard-but older.

We’ve sold our good young ones (that we could have built a high tempo game around).

And keep shopping for the same shite in the same markets. 

I think there really needs to be a push from the stands to point how unacceptable this is to the board. 

There has been although leeway now given to them. Everything this club needs to be geared to winning trophies. At the minute I don't think that is the mindset 

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

It's a disgraceful stat, and tbh, a shite starting line up today from Beale. Don't put trust in Shitebags like Kamara would be a good start. 

He wants away, get him to fuck, never want the useless piece of shit starting for us again sadly. 

Kamara should never have played again after the liverpool game. He chucked it for at least 2 of the goals. 

7 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Is it mentality or quality, fitness and squad age? The cold facts are they have better players than we do now. This “serial loser” mentality thing is a cop out. We don’t have the quality. The squad building has been a disaster since Wilson arrived:

We have a 41 year old keeper. So right there you can’t play a high line against any team with pace.

Two full backs over 30. A midfield of guys like Jack and lundstrum who can’t play a high energetic game and are always carrying a knock. Or guys like Tillman who will come good in a few years.

Sakala who can’t hit an open goal. Colak a journeyman off the bench along with Scott wright.

They have guys like Hatate, CCV, Jota. They’re just better players. All signed in the period Wilson has been here. 

The shite facts are Wilson has signed over 30 players and the team still looks like it did under Gerrard-but older.

We’ve sold our good young ones (that we could have built a high tempo game around).

For me it's a combination of weak mentality and quality. 

The bulk of this squad has been here since Gerrard first walked in. In that time they've won 2 trophies. That is a mentality issue, they've showing plenty of times they don't have the fight or desire to get over the line. Seen far too many times them going into hiding instead. 

Your spot on the squad has been allowed to rot badly and Wilson has failed consistently to address the issues. 

That the board praise this guy is beyond me. 

We're in such bad shape and only massive change in players will start to turn it round.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

I think mentality has to be a part of it with the same players not delivering when it matters.  Don’t disagree with much of what you say, there are clearly players that we have kept too long and are now well past their prime.  We can argue what is the difference between us and them and but the comparative results don’t lie. 

I agree that our buys in last two seasons have been rubbish and that comes down to Wilson and his jacket has to be on a shoogly nail.  One of my main gripes is the lack of physicality in the team which seems to reduce every passing window.  Apart from the difference in class, the way we were simply swatted aside in our European games this season was pathetic.  As for them across the city, the only time I’ve seen us get physical with them in anyway was in last season’s SC semi-final when we got a result. 

34 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm sick to death of our injuries. I severely tore my hamstring once and was back playing before Ridvan. I'm beginning to question the boys commitment. 

My patience with Roofe and Souttar has ran out.

Not having a fit squad plays a factor in not lifting trophies. 

No offence but I reckon there’s miles of a difference between a game of fives and professional football.

48 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm sick to death of our injuries. I severely tore my hamstring once and was back playing before Ridvan. I'm beginning to question the boys commitment. 

My patience with Roofe and Souttar has ran out.

Not having a fit squad plays a factor in not lifting trophies. 

Who's souttar? 

36 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Of course its a serial loser mentality 

Yeah today the tarriers beat us, but look at their overall record against the jobbers of this league, 10 of our starting 11 today have been involved in all or some of these cup exits

Sheep twice, hearts, hibs, st johnstone, st mirren

Hell tav has even survived from the '16 disaster where we embarrassed ourselves against a tin pot hibs team

Absolutely no one wants responsibility in the team so they do the easy, shitebag option of passing the buck, look at the tarrier second goal, tav, easy option go down the line with the ball, but nope then its on him, he decides to pass it inside to someone else, doesn't happen, they go up the park and end the game

And its not just against the tarriers this happens, the semi final we needed a defensive mid to actually take the responsibility and have a dig and we got a break from it

Too many of this squad don't have what it takes to win consistently when they have to, its alright winning league games when the title is pretty much over, 

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

No need to pour over it like this.

One loss largely down to the wrong midfield being selected in a game that was fairly even overall.

Fuck the loser who pinned their hopes on Hearts knocking them out of the SC. I want to play them again in the final.

Potentially 15 games left, let's win all 15.

I disagree. There is a need to pour over it. 

This was the biggest game of our season because the league is gone. Our manager made a total fuck up of the starting 11 and then refused to admit it at half time when there was still just one goal in it. We played nearly 3/4 of a cup final bypassing the midfield, punting balls up looking to win knockdowns and there was either nobody there to win the second ball or their desire meant they got to every loose ball first. We set up to contain them with two CMs who havent kicked their own arse all season.

On the park the game was summed up with Maeda bursting his nuts to keep that ball in play in the second half. They were sharper than us and they wanted it more. Consequently we've allowed them to be only one hurdle away from another treble and who's realistically going to stop them in the Scottish cup? 

We've been back in the Premier League for six years now and we've won one league and one cup. Two trophies out of a possible eighteen. Seventeen if you dont include this season's Scottish cup which is still up for grabs. We are in serious danger of becoming a club that is happy to be there or thereabouts season in and season out as long as we win a gong now and again.

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yeah today the tarriers beat us, but look at their overall record against the jobbers of this league, 10 of our starting 11 today have been involved in all or some of these cup exits

Hell tav has even survived from the '16 disaster where we embarrassed ourselves against a tin pot hibs team

Absolutely no one wants responsibility in the team so they do the easy, shitebag option of passing the buck, look at the tarrier second goal, tav, easy option go down the line with the ball, but nope then its on him, he decides to pass it inside to someone else, doesn't happen, they go up the park and end the game

And its not just against the tarriers this happens, the semi final we needed a defensive mid to actually take the responsibility and have a dig and we got a break from it

Too many of this squad don't have what it takes to win consistently when they have to, its alright winning league games when the title is pretty much over, 

What an unbelievable statement, you think if you get a really bad result that nobody should play for the club again?

22 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You’re a bit of a joke. All you do is moan about Tav. Tav was fine today. He’s far down the list of who to blame. The squad doesn’t have what it takes because we don’t have good enough players. Seems a really difficult concept for you to grasp. Blame Wilson and the fact that none of his signings can get in to this team. You can talk all you want about mentality. CCV, Hatate, McGregor, Kyogo, Jota. The spine of their team is just better. Not insurmountable if Wilson pulls his finger out or better gets fired

I've said it before....it goes deeper than that.

2003 - Last day title win

2005 - Last day title win

2009 - Last day title win

2010 - Title win

2011 - Last day title win

2021 - Title win

2 titles won by a distance in 20 years. The rest were won but close margins. 

Depressing stuff