Honestly, What’s Changed?

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I see you're STILL spouting this pish

Kamara was only bidded for last summer then Nice pulled out, Leeds only showed any interest in Kent before we won the league, same for morelos

Does that not mean there was interest in they players. I was wondering how long it'd be before you come in with the happy clapping. 

Just now, Kylegib said:

Does that not mean there was interest in they players. I was wondering how long it'd be before you come in with the happy clapping. 

You're at it

You mention player trading model, yet we need teams to bid on our players to actually trade them ffs

The only know full on, received bid we got was for morelos the summer of covid shutdown, and had we sold anyone that summer we weren't guaranteed the title the season we did

How are you not getting this, you slate the board for not backing gerrard yet here you are slating them for backing him by keeping his squad together and spending more on it 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

You're at it

You mention player trading model, yet we need teams to bid on our players to actually trade them ffs

The only know full on, received bid we got was for morelos the summer of covid shutdown, and had we sold anyone that summer we weren't guaranteed the title the season we did

How are you not getting this, you slate the board for not backing gerrard yet here you are slating them for backing him by keeping his squad together and spending more on it 

Of course I slate the board for not backing him ffs we finished miles in front of them and they refused to invest that's why we are where we are just now. The happy clappers told us it was because he failed to beat Malmo and get us in to champions league, we then got a manager who took us to a European final and qualified for champions league and they still didn't invest.

Regarding the player trading model there was interest in Kent, Morelos and Kamara at that time Beale mentioned interest in our players at his most recent interview prior to coming in as manager, who do we have now that'll attract a decent transfer fee?

1 minute ago, Kylegib said:

Of course I slate the board for not backing him ffs we finished miles in front of them and they refused to invest that's why we are where we are just now. The happy clappers told us it was because he failed to beat Malmo and get us in to champions league, we then got a manager who took us to a European final and qualified for champions league and they still didn't invest.

Regarding the player trading model there was interest in Kent, Morelos and Kamara at that time Beale mentioned interest in our players at his most recent interview prior to coming in as manager, who do we have now that'll attract a decent transfer fee?

You're full of shit, you want the board to have backed gerrard by selling morelos and kent the summer before we won the title

Either you're at it or fucking thick, or bpth somehow

9 hours ago, The FF Snitch said:

Literally three years later and the exact same stuff is being said about this group of players.

Get them to absolute fuck.

If you are old enough to remember Hamilton beat us when Souness was manager and it was that big a shock it made the national news. When Hamilton beat us in the video you posted it certainly wasn't as big a shock and that's what's changed our standards have severely dropped. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You're full of shit, you want the board to have backed gerrard by selling morelos and kent the summer before we won the title

Either you're at it or fucking thick, or bpth somehow

I was saying the foundations was there for an effective player trading model as we had sellable assets at the time Bassey, Patterson, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, Kamara all of whom at the time would've attracted big fees. I'll ask again who do we have now that'll attract a big fee?

8 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

I was saying the foundations was there for an effective player trading model as we had sellable assets at the time Bassey, Patterson, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, Kamara all of whom at the time would've attracted big fees. I'll ask again who do we have now that'll attract a big fee?

No we never had the foundations because we never had bassey back then, Patterson hadnt broke through yet properly and no one wanted aribo until last summer

No one wanted kamara until last summer either, 

So I'll ask you once more, would you have agreed with the board had they sold morelos and or kent the summer before we won the league

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No we never had the foundations because we never had bassey back then, Patterson hadnt broke through yet properly and no one wanted aribo until last summer

No one wanted kamara until last summer either, 

So I'll ask you once more, would you have agreed with the board had they sold morelos and or kent the summer before we won the league

Why are you trying to rewrite history all the players I mentioned were there under Gerrard and all would have attracted a decent fee.

Regarding your last question it would really have to depend on how much we got as a fee and how much the board would've given for replacements. 

Gerrard was 100% backed, and backed with way more than both Pedro and Warburton were. 

The thing with Gerrard though is that he wanted more and more but didn't want to lose anyone. I get the feeling he'd have had a 40 man first team squad if he could, and there's no way we are in any way able to afford or justify that. 

The board 100% have a lot of blame at their door, but it has to be tempered with the fact that we have a bloated squad, high wages for the quality of player we have. We need rid of a fair few of these players before we can bring in the quality we need. 

Unfortunately we need buyers who don't appear to be fighting to sign anyone. 

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Gerrard was 100% backed, and backed with way more than both Pedro and Warburton were. 

The thing with Gerrard though is that he wanted more and more but didn't want to lose anyone. I get the feeling he'd have had a 40 man first team squad if he could, and there's no way we are in any way able to afford or justify that. 

The board 100% have a lot of blame at their door, but it has to be tempered with the fact that we have a bloated squad, high wages for the quality of player we have. We need rid of a fair few of these players before we can bring in the quality we need. 

Unfortunately we need buyers who don't appear to be fighting to sign anyone. 

Unfortunately he wasn't backed after finishing 25 points above them as the board clearly felt that we were significantly in front due to them completely collapsing after we stopped them doing 10iar that ultimately will be the reason he left but we'll never get to find the truth of that out. Gerrard was also successful in Europa league which would've funded much of the backing he got prior to winning the league and that's likely the only reason he spent more than Warburton and Caxinha.

We are continually told that we wanted to operate a successful player trading model and he had sellable assets such as Bassey, Patterson, Aribo, Kent, Kamara and Morelos and all I'm asking is who is a sellable asset now that will get us a decent transfer fee. We are years on from Gerrard's time as manager yet we're still playing most of what was his team and that's due to lack of investment in the playing squad. 

3 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

We have spent less than the manky mob but have invested a substantial enough amount that we should be seeing better returns.

The common denominator in our transfer business appears to be Ross Wilson.

Wilson out.

The amount of money wasted is criminal. Even "free" transfers have significant costs involved in signing on fees and agents fees etc. 

The money spent on Matondo for instance when we've already got Sakala to play the fast but useless role is a case in point. £4M or whatever it was could have gotten us a new striker or a new keeper or a proper attacking midfielder but no we spunk that cash away on a player who doesn't even make the bench most weeks.

1 minute ago, Kylegib said:

Unfortunately he wasn't backed after finishing 25 points above them as the board clearly felt that we were significantly in front due to them completely collapsing after we stopped them doing 10iar that ultimately will be the reason he left but we'll never get to find the truth of that out. Gerrard was also successful in Europa league which would've funded much of the backing he got prior to winning the league and that's likely the only reason he spent more than Warburton and Caxinha.

We are continually told that we wanted to operate a successful player trading model and he had sellable assets such as Bassey, Patterson, Aribo, Kent, Kamara and Morelos and all I'm asking is who is a sellable asset now that will get us a decent transfer fee. We are years on from Gerrard's time as manager yet we're still playing most of what was his team and that's due to lack of investment in the playing squad. 

For me, there's a balance in front loading investment for Gerrard, and spending the money we had irrisponsibly, and the blame for that needs to lie with Wilson and the board. We spent up to £6m on Ridvan, who seems like a good enough player, but we didn't shift Barisic. Wasted money thus far. (I know he has been injured).

We brought in Lundstram on a bosman. I assume he will be on a fairly hefty wage and signing on fee. £4m on Davies, circa £2m on Matondo, £2m on Colak. Thats just off the top of my head. Now thats £14m that we could have got much better value from. We've spent money but should have shifted more dead wood out of the club, and need to be smarter with our spending on transfer fees and wages. 

Just now, The Beast said:

The amount of money wasted is criminal. Even "free" transfers have significant costs involved in signing on fees and agents fees etc. 

The money spent on Matondo for instance when we've already got Sakala to play the fast but useless role is a case in point. £4M or whatever it was could have gotten us a new striker or a new keeper or a proper attacking midfielder but no we spunk that cash away on a player who doesn't even make the bench most weeks.

Thats it.

We've spent fairly substantial sums on absolute dug meat in the last 4 seasons. 

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

For me, there's a balance in front loading investment for Gerrard, and spending the money we had irrisponsibly, and the blame for that needs to lie with Wilson and the board. We spent up to £6m on Ridvan, who seems like a good enough player, but we didn't shift Barisic. Wasted money thus far. (I know he has been injured).

We brought in Lundstram on a bosman. I assume he will be on a fairly hefty wage and signing on fee. £4m on Davies, circa £2m on Matondo, £2m on Colak. Thats just off the top of my head. Now thats £14m that we could have got much better value from. We've spent money but should have shifted more dead wood out of the club, and need to be smarter with our spending on transfer fees and wages. 

£14m spent yet we're still playing largely the same team as we had years ago that's mismanagement. 

8 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

fucking hell not this Gerrard pish again.

No it's because that's when we should've invested from a position of strength but we didn't.  We've now spent money but are still playing largely the same team as we had years ago.