Honestly, What’s Changed?

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

Hes given martyr status cause he played 3 seasons solid without injury.

Thats great but doesnt make him the centre half we need to win leagues.

Its hard facts, all the wee nany goats might jump onto this post but its time to come to reality.

I was gutted we resigned him. 

I was expecting a proper international centre half, real captain type to come in. 

It was a cheap easy option, he was that committed he ran his contract right down. Should have been chased back down to West Brom, but looks like he never even got that offer.

Harsh words but lets get truthful.

Tavernier has done us great service at a great price but never a Rangers captain, cert never a hall of famer either, this is where we are with this board!

Just out of interest....who was this international centre half captain that you were expecting to be brought in?

Unless he captains a country like the Maldives, Somalia, Cape Verde etc etc then you are smoking dope if you believe we can compete to sign such a player....a few names and transfer market values if you don't mind :tu:

16 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Our board gave themselves big pat on the back for Bassey and Aribo but Scum generally sell 2 or 3 players every season for good money. Looking at Transfermrkt website is an eye-opener.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/celtic-glasgow/transfers/verein/371

Juranovic and the Greek cunt this season for around 11 Mil total, last season they got just under 30 million for Eduard and Ajar. Another 15 million season before that. 

Looking at our current squad we've got nothing close to that for. Our recruitment since 55 has been terrible. 

Yeh it’s mental. Wonder how many more we would have sold out of kamara, Kent, Morelos etc. Had our incoming recruitment been better.

If Wilson had shown any ability to sign players regularly that were improving the first team. It wouldn’t seem like a gamble at all. For the player trading model to work you need both sides to work. As soon as the pipeline dried up I think the board knew deep down. That if they sold Kent, kamara and Morelos in the summer as well we weren’t making the CL and we weren’t winning the league. 

Turns out we might have been better just ripping the plaster off completely. Giving up on the league this year and using it as the rebuild. 

Mental that Wilson is in a job, the one good bit of business we did with Bassey he wasn’t even responsible for his recruitment. Maybe he has some serious dirt on the board. Compromising photos and all that 😂

50 minutes ago, Madina said:

I feel when 55 was won many in the squad thought that was "job done" and theyve been living off that ever since. We won that league at a canter, the tims were in turmoil, they hired a nobody manager we all thought would be sacked by Christmas. We should have pressed on from there and been the dominant team in Scotland for years to come, but we were one season wonders. 

We went to a European final after that beating teams with squads worth hundreds of millions.  We also won the Scottish cup so I don't think we'd have done that if players were resting on their laurels.  What is holding us back is selling the better players and the poor recruitment in replacing them, whether that being buying crocked players or ones simply not good enough.

28 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

That's an awful lot of what ifs 

What if we won at Ibrox and our game in hand and then beat them at the piggery? You see being hypothetical is easy.

My what ifs have a lot more evidence to bacl them up, 

Even then, going by your what ifs, wed still have been 4 behind, no OF games to play and they were smashing teams while we were losing and drawing at home to utter shite

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Scumbag of the highest order as well. Spat on a player in a b team game if i mind right?

And whoever signed Pena should have been sacked. It must have been known he was a functioning alcoholic.

He spat on a player v ballymena utd over here, i was at it mate.

Rat.

19 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh it’s mental. Wonder how many more we would have sold out of kamara, Kent, Morelos etc. Had our incoming recruitment been better.

If Wilson had shown any ability to sign players regularly that were improving the first team. It wouldn’t seem like a gamble at all. For the player trading model to work you need both sides to work. As soon as the pipeline dried up I think the board knew deep down. That if they sold Kent, kamara and Morelos in the summer as well we weren’t making the CL and we weren’t winning the league. 

Turns out we might have been better just ripping the plaster off completely. Giving up on the league this year and using it as the rebuild. 

Mental that Wilson is in a job, the one good bit of business we did with Bassey he wasn’t even responsible for his recruitment. Maybe he has some serious dirt on the board. Compromising photos and all that 😂

Looking at the Rangers transfer history on that same website is frightening.... outside of Bassey Aribo and Patterson we have made buttons on player sales the last few years. 

Our biggest sales each season outside of the 3 names above:

2019/20 - Eros Grezda 400k

2020/21 - Greg Docherty 445k

2021/22 - George Edmundson 875k

2022/23 - Cedric Itten 1.8m

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-Rangers/transfers/verein/124

EDIT: Just realised those figures aren't even in £.... its euros. 

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Was rather surprised by this tbh

Head 2 Head v celtic FC 

(Since December 2018 to March 2023)

Played 19 Matches

Rangers 9 Wins

celtic 7 Wins

3 Matches Drawn

Out of curiosity, why start at dec 2018, half way through a season 

26 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

We still bottled what should have been an easy treble 

At the time we all got swept up in the euphoria of 55 and managed to swat that fact off. I was guilty of it too. As time moves on though it becomes clear those were two opportunities stupidly missed 

I didn’t really like us celebrating after beating St Mirren knowing we had Slavia still to play. I’d have fancied us to reach the final even back then.

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Out of curiosity, why start at dec 2018, half way through a season 

I think we were pumped continually before that all the,wayback to April 2016, Scottish semi final.

Only result of note,was 1-1 draw at piggery March 2017, Clint Hill late equaliser, cue to get drunk for a month.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

I think we were pumped continually before that all the,wayback to April 2016, Scottish semi final.

Only result of note,was 1-1 draw at piggery March 2017, Clint Hill late equaliser, cue to get drunk for a month.

Start the 18/19 season when gerrard came though, by starting in dec that year it gives gerrards team a win but wipe a loss off their record if you get me

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

My what ifs have a lot more evidence to bacl them up, 

Even then, going by your what ifs, wed still have been 4 behind, no OF games to play and they were smashing teams while we were losing and drawing at home to utter shite

How many times did they beat us after being awarded the title and how many times did they experience any real pressure going for the title. It's irrelevant really m8 but whatever way you look at it our board fucked up by not investing after we won 55.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Well what's happened can't be changed, for good or bad.

We can only learn from our mistakes and move forward.

Fuck the Sellic

Problem is the board have shown no evidence that they are learning. Unless we inject some common sense into out transfer policy and have and injection of cash from somewhere I can't see next season being different. 

1 hour ago, CoplandStandBear said:

We went to a European final after that beating teams with squads worth hundreds of millions.  We also won the Scottish cup so I don't think we'd have done that if players were resting on their laurels.  What is holding us back is selling the better players and the poor recruitment in replacing them, whether that being buying crocked players or ones simply not good enough.

League duty they have been resting on their laurels. Winning the SC after so long was a great day as was the Europa run, but sadly nobody remembers the losers of it in the record books

5 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Hes given martyr status cause he played 3 seasons solid without injury.

Thats great but doesnt make him the centre half we need to win leagues.

Its hard facts, all the wee nany goats might jump onto this post but its time to come to reality.

I was gutted we resigned him. 

I was expecting a proper international centre half, real captain type to come in. 

It was a cheap easy option, he was that committed he ran his contract right down. Should have been chased back down to West Brom, but looks like he never even got that offer.

Harsh words but lets get truthful.

Tavernier has done us great service at a great price but never a Rangers captain, cert never a hall of famer either, this is where we are with this board!

He had one job in Seville which was to send that cross back where it came from and instead he watched it go by. At most Goldson is the best of a poor lot.