Morelos To Sevilla? - Ibrox Noise

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

You've taken me wrong here, I'm not saying other goals should be discounted. 

But the league is our bread and butter and it is where we expect players to perform, it is what players are judged upon before anything else. 

Alfredo Morelos' league performances for Rangers are more than replaceable.

European Alfredo Morelos is a different story. But we need to actually be getting there first.

They are the same player though. You can’t cherry-pick one some of his games and ignore others. 

Don’t understand what you mean by ‘we need to be actually getting there first’ re: Europe. We reached the CL groups this season and the EL final last season. One before that was EL last 16 iirc. We ARE getting there. 

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They are the same player though. You can’t cherry-pick one some of his games and ignore others. 

Don’t understand what you mean by ‘we need to be actually getting there first’ re: Europe. We reached the CL groups this season and the EL final last season. One before that was EL last 16 iirc. We ARE getting there. 

I'm not ignoring the other parts of his game though? I'm telling you Alfredo Morelos, domestically has not been good enough for Rangers and is more than replaceable, that'd be correct, no?

And there's a difference between slogging through qualifiers having to take the hard route, and winning the league getting automatic placement for the UCL.

Yeah? Glad we got there.

Value is irrelevant. It’s a sunk cost when we sign a player. We can look back and debate whether they have been good or bad value for money. But it has no bearing on whether they are good enough to be the main player in a position moving forward. 

Morelos has been v good value for money. He isn’t good enough to be our main striker to win the league on current form/if he’s not fully fit. Peak/fit Morelos is though 

5 hours ago, ayro said:

Ah right misread that.

He was fine under GvB last season but unfortunately got injured.

His fitness this season has been unacceptable and a lot of that is down to him but if MB reckons he could get him back to his best I would support it.

I do think a fresh start probably suits all parties.

Fine isn't good enough mate, he's not scored 20 goals in a season since 2019-20, he's been nowhere near as dynamic as he was in the first half of that season, after that whole shambles when he came back late then missed Tynecastle he's never been the same.

He did just enough to get by and he's now finding out where you approach your mid to late 20s that isn't manageable, I don't think he's not trying to get into shape, I just don't think he can, not at Rangers anyway.

22 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Its weird amongst Rangers fans I kept seeing it being said his goals came in qualifiers etc yet not many of them did, there’s thins thing to downplay Alfie and anything he does/has done.

I get why people don’t like him etc but to be our record European goal scorer is some achievement.

when we pumped that Belgian side in the 55 season I think we scored 8 or 9 over 2 legs and he had an involvement in 7 or 8 of the goals.

I get people don’t like him that’s fine but he’s had some top performances as a striker in europe for us, dortmund, Porto, feyenoord to name but a few

You are very correct on the points made. Some of those games he was immense. Unplayable. 

But coming back late from Colombia or fat as fuck after time off and poor attitude will always overshadow what he has done for us. 

Look at Alfie v Porto and how lean and fast he was to now. He almost cost us Champions League qualification this season by being a lazy bastard when he had 5 months to get trim. Then because we qualified he was putting up pictures in the gym. It was too late and he is still trying to shift the pounds. 

1 minute ago, MorelosRangers said:

You are very correct on the points made. Some of those games he was immense. Unplayable. 

But coming back late from Colombia or fat as fuck after time off and poor attitude will always overshadow what he has done for us. 

Look at Alfie v Porto and how lean and fast he was to now. He almost cost us Champions League qualification this season by being a lazy bastard when he had 5 months to get trim. Then because we qualified he was putting up pictures in the gym. It was too late and he is still trying to shift the pounds. 

When Alfie played v Porto and “looked lean as fuck” he was accused of being fat and a liability then 

38 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Its weird amongst Rangers fans I kept seeing it being said his goals came in qualifiers etc yet not many of them did, there’s thins thing to downplay Alfie and anything he does/has done.

I get why people don’t like him etc but to be our record European goal scorer is some achievement.

when we pumped that Belgian side in the 55 season I think we scored 8 or 9 over 2 legs and he had an involvement in 7 or 8 of the goals.

I get people don’t like him that’s fine but he’s had some top performances as a striker in europe for us, dortmund, Porto, feyenoord to name but a few

The headers against Feyenoord too. He was ridiculous in Europe for us.

Maintain that we win the league and Europa with him 

I'll always love him.

A truly mad bastard that has the ability to wind everyone up, including his own fans.

We all know there's been spells that he's not been good enough, but looking back at his record, especially in Europe - he's been a special player for us.

That Thursday night Morelos was different gravy.

Edit - I forgot to say, it is definitely the right time for him to move on though & I hope Beale continues with Colak upfront for the rest of the Season.

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I'll always love him.

A truly mad bastard that has the ability to wind everyone up, including his own fans.

We all know there's been spells that he's not been good enough, but looking back at his record, especially in Europe - he's been a special player for us.

That Thursday night Morelos was different gravy.

My boy says I love Alfie more than him and he’s right but it’s time for the wee man to go.

I’ll also always love him 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

In the league - 76 goals and 35 assists in 171 games

Cups  - 17 goals and 5 assists in 24 games

That's 'not good enough' for a £1m signing? Absolute nonsense.

When did I say he wasn't good enough for a £1m signing? Don't add words to suit 😂

Overall 74 league goals in six years is easily replaceable.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

When did I say he wasn't good enough for a £1m signing? Don't add words to suit 😂

Overall 74 league goals in six years and is easily replaceable.

Yet anyone we brought to replace him haven’t managed to 

4 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

I'm telling you Alfredo Morelos, domestically has not been good enough for Rangers and is more than replaceable,

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Overall 74 league goals in six years is easily replaceable.

There. 

If it is ‘easily replaceable’ why haven’t we managed it?