Tit for tat with the other mob over allocations

Loyal72

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not a chance should they ever get the old allocation back ie the Broomloan but surely 2500-3000 is doable, they are desperate for the old allocation back as they know it gave them an advantage if they can’t do 2500-3000 then it should be 800 or fuck all for the foreseeable. 

Please explain this.

8 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

They had an entire end to attack into with their fans behind the goal, the fact the tarriers are so desperate to get the old allocation back tells you everything you need to know. 

:lol: 

It only looked like they got an advantage when we were fucking rotten.

14 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

They had an entire end to attack into with their fans behind the goal, the fact the tarriers are so desperate to get the old allocation back tells you everything you need to know. 

They had the same so called advantage when Rangers had good players and a good team and used to beat them at will, over to you.

The years before they just had Broomloan, they had West Enclosure and the tier of the main stand. All before club deck era. Used to be good standing at the tunnell before they built the cover way. Coins and god knows what else being thrown across the gap. 

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 

It only looked like they got an advantage when we were fucking rotten.

They get full stand the broomloan while we get stuck as far away oot the way as possible why do you think the tarriers are so desperate to get their old allocation back, they know they had the better deal out of it. 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

They get full stand the broomloan while we get stuck as far away oot the way as possible why do you think the tarriers are so desperate to get their old allocation back, they know they had the better deal out of it. 

Far away out the way as possible :lol: we got to within about 10 seats of the goal.

Never once heard anyone in our support say we get an advantage against Dundee United, St Mirren, Hibs, St Johnstone, Ross County, Kilmarnock that they don’t get against us due to positioning of fans

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Far away out the way as possible :lol: we got to within about 10 seats of the goal.

Never once heard anyone in our support say we get an advantage against Dundee United, St Mirren, Hibs, St Johnstone, Ross County, Kilmarnock that they don’t get against us due to positioning of fans

Well we know home advantage is legitimate. So what is it that gives teams an edge in any sport. It’s percentage of fans, how visible they are and how audible. It can only really be those three things. And their position and higher % allocation benefits them. It’s probably pretty negligible but it’s an advantage. However small 

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We aren’t competing with these sides for titles though. 

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

But we’d never be going to the Piggery for a third time so again, it’s irrelevant.

I think it could've happened in 2016-17 since we were the lowest ranked club in the top six (previous seasons standings) but the League worked itself out, I doubt the SPFL would've had the bottle to do it but if the predicted clubs had finished top six and they followed the rules it would've been a possibility.

56 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

56 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

It was definitely an advantage. Maybe not a big one. But the percentage of fans they had at Ibrox was higher than we got there. And obviously they were more visible whilst we were tucked in a corner.

This has always been my issue with the allocation.  Should be a percentage split and put them in the main rear (with chicken wire around them - for their own protection obviously lol)

3 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Please explain this.

When we had a decent side it never mattered in fact I used to enjoy watching us scoring at that end directly in front of those inbred mutants the reactions were priceless. However I did feel it odd that they got an entire stand behind the goal while we didn't and had to put up with restricted views in some cases. I actually preferred going to the old piggery when we got all of the stand behind the goal and a wee bit of the main stand. 

Anyways,I couldn't care less if I never saw another solitary mutant in our old lady of Govan again. 

Keep them out. 

And btw the audacity of them having the temerity to go on about the safety of their players and staff,the fucking thug's were attacking their own players and bus rioting outside the Stad de Gadd not that long ago. 

3 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Please explain this.

With them being fully visible in an entire stand , while our support were usually hidden away from the cameras it led to the narrative of tgfitw , which could potentially give them an advantage of companies and sponsors wanting to be associated with that .

On a playing front our goalkeeper is in an hostile environment for 6 out of 8 half's every season , likewise theirs is 2 out of 8 , again you could call that an advantage of facing the abuse of an entire stand behind you .

Personally I'm happy with either side getting a corner,  if for any other reason ir lets ST holders in the Broomloan not missing out on the biggest games of the season , and tbh I don't see any loss of atmosphere during the games .