Ross Wilson Joins Nottingham Forest - Confirmed

Canabear

13 minutes ago, gogzy said:

"We need a complete rebuild"

Nah, 5 players should cut it.

"Aha, we've already signed two, so that's seven,  that's a complete rebuild"

You pick a better word if you don't think sneaky fits.

You've lost it. 

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Well we are fucked then because there's sinply no way that's going to happen.

Where do you think we are going to get anywhere close tobthe money needed to bring in that much quality, and also a bunch of squad players to boot?

It's just not happening IMO.

Thanks to Wilson :)

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

So were just going to throw insults about now are we?

Go fuck yourself.

Fucking ban him Gogz. 

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Where do you think we are going to get anywhere close tobthe money needed to bring in that much quality, and also a bunch of squad players to boot?

It's not going to happen in one window. It's going to take time.

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Why do rebuilds need to cost an exuberant amount? Money saved from wages along with whatever transfer fees we can get from shifting deadwood along with the usual £10-15m we spend in the summer gives us more than enough scope to make a big dent in the rebuild required. Spend it wisely and not have a huge squad like we already have. Not going to be done in a summer.

if he did meddle in the medical department then not only did he stick his nose into something he clearly knows fuck all about but he also showed he isn't very good at his job after all doesn't a club need fit players not only to win silverware but to sell as no club is going to buy a permanently injured player*

*outside of us of course but then again he was the one who signed them

:lol:

Just now, esquire8 said:

Why do rebuilds need to cost an exuberant amount? Money saved from wages along with whatever transfer fees we can get from shifting deadwood along with the usual £10-15m we spend in the summer gives us more than enough scope. Spend it wisely and not have a huge squad like we already have.

Hopefully that can happen but I'm not so sure.

We need 1st team quality and often that doesn't cone cheaply.  Especially if we want to do well on multiple fronts.

We will just have to see how much backing the board can or will give Beale.   His two signings so far are a good sign of hope tbf. 

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Hopefully that can happen but I'm not so sure.

We need 1st team quality and often that doesn't cone cheaply.  Especially if we want to do well on multiple fronts.

We will just have to see how much backing the board can or will give Beale.   His two signings so far are a good sign of hope tbf. 

One of his two signings was Wilson's. But the other targets he wanted were quality enough imo.

I did question the determination from Wilson to try and complete the signings of targets Beale had made.

There are bound plenty of bargains out there who could do far better of a job than what we are getting currently from the vast majority.

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

6 or 7 replacements would probably cost us north of 20M. I have no idea what the summer budget will be but I am sure it won't cover that kind of sum.

I am prepared for some good news and some disappointment before next season kicks off.

Why does every player we sign end up probably costing us £3-4m? 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

One of his two signings was Wilson's. But the other targets he wanted were quality enough imo.

I did question the determination from Wilson to try and complete the signings of targets Beale had made.

There are bound plenty of bargains out there who could do far better of a job than what we are getting currently from the vast majority.

Hopefully. I started a new thread to discuss that sort of stuff.

I've derailed this one enough 😂😂

31 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I think Borna would sign a new deal.  He seems to love it here.

Yilmaz,  he just need to get a run in the team to see if he will cut it.

As it stands barasic deserves to starting front of him.  Leagues done though so what harm could there be in playing him.

I hope not. He’s played well this season, and he’s been a good player for us on the whole, but he’s 30 with a year left on his deal come the Summer. We need to start moving on from some of these players now and he’s one who should be earmarked to be sold this Summer while we can get some sort of financial return on him.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I hope not. He’s played well this season, and he’s been a good player for us on the whole, but he’s 30 with a year left on his deal come the Summer. We need to start moving on from some of these players now and he’s one who should be earmarked to be sold this Summer while we can get some sort of financial return on him.

That's pretty fair tbh.

There's room for older heads at the club.

If we can sell him on at a profit then I would totally understand us doing it.

He has had probably his most consistent season this year and is playing well, so I wouldn't be totally against him staying on either though.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Plenty of people have offered a credible alternative. Get a strong CEO in with strengthening of medical, scouting departments with a clear vision of what we are trying to achieve and put plans in place. Have a model in place and work towards it. Ross Wilson has been nothing but an unmitigated disaster at the club and folk trying to stick up for him or think we are going to be weaker because of it are absolutely mental. 

Youi make it sound so easy. He's been far from an unmitigated disaster. Nottingham Forest don't agree with you.

54 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Celtic sold Ajer, Christie and Eduoard with one year left on their deals and replaced them with Carter-Vickers, Jota and Giakoumakis.

That’s the type of “succession planning” and ruthlessness in the market that we could only have dreamt of under Wilson.

We let Goldson run his deal down so he could weigh up his options and we’ve allowed Kent and Morelos to do the same thing too.

They sell Juranovic and the greek guy, replace with younger guys, don’t weaken the team and have change to spare.

They’ll do the same in summer with any players around the 26/27 year old range.

We need to stop 'rebuilding' and instead add 2 or 3 quality players each season. Spreading the funds we have across 7 or 8 players is madness.

Starting 11 next year without renewing anyone

McLaughlin

Tav, Goldson, Davies, Borna

Lundstram, Raskin, Cantwell (Kamara)

Sakala, Colak, Lawrence

So we need this year:

Goalkeeper

CM

LW

Striker

That's the minium for me and I'd be sourcing the striker and left wing as a priority. Get the money spent there and we build from there.

2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

We need to stop 'rebuilding' and instead add 2 or 3 quality players each season. Spreading the funds we have across 7 or 8 players is madness.

McLaughlin

Sakala, Colak, Lawrence

So we need this year:

Goalkeeper

CM

LW

Striker

That's the minium for me and I'd be sourcing the striker and left wing as a priority. Get the money spent there and we build from there.

I would get shot of Lundstram and possibly Colak

3 minutes ago, CXB said:

I would get shot of Lundstram and possibly Colak

Colak is one of the last players I would be looking to move on. We have far bigger problems that have to be addressed first and he can contribute as a second or third choice striker.

14 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

McLaughlin

Sakala, Colak, Lawrence

So we need this year:

Goalkeeper

CM

LW

Striker

We do that and we end up in the same position as we are currently in. Or are we happy maintaining being the 2nd best?