General Transfer Talk

Broxi

5 hours ago, B1872 said:

We are clearing decks in terms of board members and the Ross Wilson regime. Part of me feels if we lose to the scum in the next two games then we are better starting a fresh in the footballing department also. Release all the players out of contract then go and get a new manager with no connection to 55 or anything to do with that. If he would come then someone like a Potter would do well for us. 

Harry?   :p:

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Billy Gilmour was apparently superb today for Brighton so that probably shuts down any talk of us bringing him up the road.

I was at the game and I definitely wouldn't say he was superb, he really didn't do much.

He barely had a touch in the first half but had more of the ball in the 2nd where he was pretty tidy.

No more than a solid 6/7 out of 10.

The fact he's starting and being half decent means we can't afford him though.

26 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I was at the game and I definitely wouldn't say he was superb, he really didn't do much.

He barely had a touch in the first half but had more of the ball in the 2nd where he was pretty tidy.

No more than a solid 6/7 out of 10.

The fact he's starting and being half decent means we can't afford him though.

All over their forum people are saying 9 out of 10 and man of the match. 

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why does everyone do this with just about EVERY manager

”I love his honesty and his in-depth knowledge of the game. Breathe of fresh air listening to him”

6 months later

”I wish he’d shut his mouth, talking nonsense and his tone really grates me”

😂

I don’t know why people bother even listening to football managers interviews/pressers. Twitter and news sites will sum up all the important info they give out, injuries and such, the rest is just inane drivel. 

2 hours ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

I don’t know why people bother even listening to football managers interviews/pressers. Twitter and news sites will sum up all the important info they give out, injuries and such, the rest is just inane drivel. 

The questions are fucking diabolical as well :lol: 

“50/50 split in the stands tomorrow. Do you think the fans will play a big part?”

Its a fucking Old Firm game imagine asking about the atmosphere ffs

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

All over their forum people are saying 9 out of 10 and man of the match. 

No chance. He has the lowest rating on BBCs player rating out of any of their starters.

He was decent, but the fact he plays so rarely he does seem like the player who just has to have a pretty solid game and everyone raves about them.

The way Brighton played today, especially in the first half, they cut out central midfield and went wide or pretty direct so he didn't have much of the ball.

I like Gilmour but definitely think people are overreacting.

14 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

No chance. He has the lowest rating on BBCs player rating out of any of their starters.

He was decent, but the fact he plays so rarely he does seem like the player who just has to have a pretty solid game and everyone raves about them.

The way Brighton played today, especially in the first half, they cut out central midfield and went wide or pretty direct so he didn't have much of the ball.

I like Gilmour but definitely think people are overreacting.

I only seen the highlights so canny comment too much. I know the fans forum he was getting huge praise and some saying man of the match. He was also getting 8's on player ratings but either way the point was if he's in their plans I doubt we'll be seeing him.

Should be looking at players like Daichi Kamada over Dowell imo. Plenty of Bundesliga experience, national team experience and in Europe (scored a pen against us in Europa league final). Out of contract at end of season.

10 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Should be looking at players like Daichi Kamada over Dowell imo. Plenty of Bundesliga experience, national team experience and in Europe (scored a pen against us in Europa league final). Out of contract at end of season.

He's a great player and about 20 million quid out of our price range. No way we'd get him on a free either. 

1 hour ago, FlippinEck said:

Zero chance we could ever get him :lol:

5 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Zero chance we could ever get him :lol:

I thought he was out out favour but must be getting mixed up with someone. Saw bus salary was about 7 and a half grand a week. Apparently he is going to dortmund got close to 100k euros a week 😂😂

1 minute ago, FlippinEck said:

I thought he was out out favour but must be getting mixed up with someone. Saw bus salary was about 7 and a half grand a week. Apparently he is going to dortmund got close to 100k euros a week 😂😂

So we just missed out mate?