General Transfer Talk

Broxi

2 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Think selling Kamara and Hagi can cover the Tillman fee. He has great potential.

Would hope that kamaras fee alone covers the majority of it, kamara and Wright should fetch 5m for the pair (750k for wright is reasonable no?)

Still holding out hope that should hagi leave (obviously for galatasaray) then we could bring another 3.5m or so in...

He is 20yo ffs, he has shown he can finish and is a threat, most of our players vanished in OF matches this year, you can’t judge on those games alone. 

the CL groups were a shambles for the club as a whole, he played a major part in getting us there. 

I am happy with this signing

I reckon £5M would be borderline justifiable based on his contribution to the team alone, but the extremely high likelihood of being able to sell him for profit later on makes it a no brainer for me. Can't remember a young player we've signed recently where I've been more confident that his value will rise significantly. 

Think we are ultimately a better team when Tillman doesn’t play purely because it frees up Cantwell (who I think is a better player up than Tillman).

I rate Tillman but I think we have struggled to accommodate them both in the same side effectively, and if the choice is playing Cantwell deeper, or wider, to accommodate Tillman as the number 10 then I wouldn’t be signing him permanently.

7 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’m weary about forking out £5m on a player that’s ultimately failed to turn up in the big games but if he meets his potential he’ll be sold onwards for £15m+ easy

Bayern will have the buy back supposedly at £9/10m 

So we probably won't make massive money on it. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Would £5m+ make him the most expensive player in Scotland once Kent leaves?

I know the scum have splashed the cash but thought they were mostly £3m/£4m mark?

Jota and Carter Vickers cost the tarriers £7m each.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Unless there’s an expiry date on the buy back clause, we will make next to fuck all on him by the time you factor in his wages and any signing on/agents fees too.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Jota and Carter Vickers cost the tarriers £7m each.

And Kyogo cost £5m. Our issues come from the fact that if we spend £5m on a player, they really have to be the absolute stand out in the country. The last proper big money buy we've had work out was maybe the £4.2m we spent on Jelavic. 

2 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Tillman would be a great signing.

5 million is nothing these days tbh

The only down side is the Bayern buy back that means we'll never get more than 10m for him in the future

So he'll have to pay us back on the park

If he plays well enough in a season or two that makes Bayern buy him back for double the price then surely that can only be seen as a positive? 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Bayern put these clauses in for loads of players, and I don't think have ever triggered one to sell the player on quickly and make a profit.

They put it in on the chance they want to bring them back and play for them, not to flip them.

Firstly it would be a tin pot thing to do for a club like Bayern.

Secondly, the economics off it wouldnt even work.

Rangers Football Club on Twitter: "#RangersFC can today announce Scott Arfield, Filip Helander, Ryan Kent, Allan McGregor and Alfredo Morelos will leave the club upon the expiry of their contracts this summer. 💙 The players have given excellent service & will move on with the thanks of everyone at Rangers." / Twitter

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

That's an interesting point.

5m to us is a quite considerable sum of money, and there is still an element of gamble that he'll develop the way many think he could. To really push on he'll need to do well in the CL or later rounds in the EL, or internationally.

There's lots of pitfalls about those scenarios happening, let alone any loss of form or injury, for a potential benefit of 5m max.

It's a tough one if it was to be a viable proposition. Personally, I think he'll look for a better league than Scotland.

Far too much is made of the financial aspect and very little of what it brings on the pitch, which is what really matters.

If the guy is a driving force behind winning 56 and/or a treble then I couldn't care less how much we make from him when he does go.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Bayern put these clauses in for loads of players, and I don't think have ever triggered one to sell the player on quickly and make a profit.

They put it in on the chance they want to bring them back and play for them, not to flip them.

Firstly it would be a tin pot thing to do for a club like Bayern.

Secondly, the economics off it wouldnt even work.

Might be right there mate, I've said that before myself that you don't usually see it happen very often, but definitely seen it once or twice. 

If it's selling for £15m they might not bother. If he suddenly becomes a Champions League superstar and valued at £30m then maybe that would raise their interest. But yeah, we might get away with it 

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Think we are ultimately a better team when Tillman doesn’t play purely because it frees up Cantwell (who I think is a better player up than Tillman).

I rate Tillman but I think we have struggled to accommodate them both in the same sode effectively, and if the choice is playing Cantwell deeper, or wider, to accommodate Tillman as the number 10 then I wouldn’t be signing him permanently.

:pipe:

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Unless there’s an expiry date on the buy back clause, we will make next to fuck all on him by the time you factor in his wages and any signing on/agents fees too.

Bayern ain't buying him back to flip him on.

There is every fucking chance that we could sell Tillman (if he is a success) for £20m even if Bayern have a buy back clause.