New Front 3

On 30/04/2023 at 17:31, superallysbears said:

A new attack is absolutely needed, Beale implementing it is another thing, his football so far has been garbage in that department and I'm not sure new players will change that.

This worries me. One season aside we had similar issues under gerrard/Beale.

Colak great if we’re slicing and dicing teams open and sticking them on a plate. You just know that we will get some turgid games where we struggle to break teams down. And he offers you nothing. Will be too many dropped points if he is our main strike next season

Id still sign Tillman for what he brings in matches outside the OF and his potential

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Colak isn’t a starter purely because he’s not the profile of striker that Beale wants but we should definitely keep him around.

I agree but that's also due to Beales setup. He needs a mobile striker who runs the channels and although Morelos has been pish lately, it's also no coincidence that he's not scoring as our setup simply creates fuck all and provides zero service to the striker

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I agree but that's also due to Beales setup. He needs a mobile striker who runs the channels and although Morelos has been pish lately, it's also no coincidence that he's not scoring as our setup simply creates fuck all and provides zero service to the striker

Which is a bit of a worry RE: Beale because if he’s as good of a tactician as people make out you would think he would be able to tweak to allow us to play to the player he has had at his disposable strengths. 

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Which is a bit of a worry RE: Beale because if he’s as good of a tactician as people make out you would think he would be able to tweak to allow us to play to the player he has had at his disposable strengths. 

That was my hope. Sadly not seeing it thus far.

Morelos being poor has nothing to do with Beale's setup. He's been poor under 3 different managers now. He's just pish and can't take a decent shot and can't score unless it's put on a plate for him.